Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with Comair tkt please????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2001, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
Help with Comair tkt please????

I have got a flight scheduled from ORD-CVG-SAV in early August. I never fly DL, but client bought ticket. Talked to Delta and they said that I can call 60 days before flight because CVG-SAV will probably be cancelled then. This means I can call on 6/5 to try to get another ticket.

My question is Will DL get me on another flight out of ORD through ATL to SAV possibly, or do I have to stay on my ORD-CVG flight because that is a DL flight and not a comair? Also, will they rebook me on another airline out of either ORD or CVG and give me a choice, or do they just stick me on an open flight? What class of ticket will they put me on on another airline?

HELP?????
Old Jun 1, 2001, 9:00 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
While they have no legal obligation to protect (reaccomodate) you, DL will put you on a DL based flight first, and if that's not an option, then another carrier. They have agreements with multiple carriers on which to protect you. I've had many flights that they have reprotected me on. I don't really believe you have the right to designate which carrier, but maybe someone else can address that.
Old Jun 1, 2001, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ozark Airlines--Lifetime Platinum, Braniff---Diamond, Eastern--Plutonium Motel 6--Guest of the Month
How about which airport will they reaccomodate me out of? Will I have to go to CVG from ORD since that is a DL flight, then they reaccomodate me, or will they reaccomodate me out of ORD?
Old Jun 1, 2001, 9:43 am

It's best if you know what options are available before you call to be reprotected. Then, as they rattle off options, try to come up with plausible reasons why they won't work (business meetings scheduled, etc.)

After letting them do their thing, politely suggest that you've in fact done the research (so they don't have to be tortured anymore!) and the following flights will work out best. Then give them the flights you want, on whatever carrier.

Worked for me.
Old Jun 2, 2001, 2:31 am

You will be rerouted through ATL ...class of service is not an issue (coach first/first only if Y inventory is gone).....the times will be very close. If an inconvienence occurs ask for F for a segment of travel. If the times are very simular don't expect F though...the times should be very close.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.