Wiki Posts
Search

Misplaced FF account

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2001, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FL, AA, DL
Misplaced FF account

Weird. I got 'time sensitive' mail from Delta Skymiles today -- at an address I haven't lived at for 10 years. Turns out I had a Frequent Flyer account with Delta back when I was a teenager, living at home, that I forgot about. It's got 13,000 miles just sitting in it. Since they're FF miles, and not SkyMiles, they never expire.

Anyway, I have to send in a written message to merge my two accounts. I got the mail over an offer to get magazine subscriptions with my FF miles. It looks like monthly magazines cost from 400 to 1000 FF miles, and weekly ones from 1000 to 2000 FF miles. The few I'm interested in our 500 FF miles for a monthly subscription. I'm not sure if it's worth the miles or not. It SEEMS cheap, though...
Old May 12, 2001, 12:19 am

Don't let DL transfer yout "old" FF miles for the new "skymiles". There are some good awards, even for 13k, that you can use. Upgrade from "L" fares, etc. Ask DL to retain your old miles, and to have it kept under one account.

Others here might have more info on this.

Old May 12, 2001, 12:41 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
It could be that your old miles were with Pan Am.
I agree: these miles are in some cases better than the current skymiles, aprticularly for upgrade, becasue you are able to upgrade cheap class of tickets, instaed of the usual B/Y/M for the skymiles miles.
Old May 12, 2001, 12:43 am

Programs: Skymiles GOLD, Frq +, Klm GOLD, Miles & More, Priority Club, Marriott Rewards, MilleMerci (Avis FR)
BTW, sorry to write in 2 messages, but I think that, if you have only 13k, and you need to upgrade a cheap one-way ticket transatlantic, which is 20k, you are allowed to mix the 13k old with 7k new ones; that was what I was told a a Delta agent in Paris 2 years ago. But you need to do that far before your flight, first to be sure its true, second, to get the old miles package for the award in time.

Old May 12, 2001, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FL, AA, DL
I've got 6K or so original FF miles on my main SkyMiles account as well. How do I find out the different awards I can spend these miles on?
Old May 12, 2001, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
You cannot mix new mileage with old mileage in order to claim an old award.

In addition, in order to claim an award under the old program you must be a current Medallion

TW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.