Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PMU Certificate: Should I use on this flight?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2005, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
PMU Certificate: Should I use on this flight?

I am flying back from Thailand on Jan 11, 2006 with my fiancee'. Her one-way ticket is BKK->TPE->SEA->ATL and booked as an M class fare. I have used a PMU certificate to upgrade her to first class from SEA->ATL. I thought I would take my chances and hope my Platinum status will get me the same upgrade so we can sit together in first. Should I burn another PMU certificate and not take the chance? My fare code is Q. Most of my travel is International and I know they are fairly worthless overseas.

Thanks for your thoughts.

LS
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:10 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 10:54 am
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: UA GS/1K, SQ SilverKris, DL MM-Silver
Originally Posted by LastSurvivor
Most of my travel is International and I know they are fairly worthless overseas.
A bit confused here - the only routes on which I use PMU's are international routes. Tend to get upgraded domestically regardless given PM status. to me, PMU's have little worth domestically. Technically, PMU's are only good on DL metal, but I've successfully used them on Skyteam partner metal, particularly Czech air.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 8:41 am

Deleted

Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by vinnmann
I thought that PMU's were good on DL operated & Coded or AF operated/DL coded transatlantic flights. If they can be used on OK, that is great news. How is OK J?
Consider it "Coach+".

standard coach seating with the middle seat blocked by an armrest of sorts. Curtained off from coach. Boxed meal. Nothing to write home about.

I typically reserve/use my PMU's for transatlantics on DL or AF. Usually DL.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 9:57 am

Deleted

Old Nov 28, 2005, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by vinnmann
That sounds typical for intra-Europe travel, but is it really like that for TATL?
haven't taken OK TATL. Only intra-Europe.
Old Nov 28, 2005, 11:26 am

Programs: AA/DL/NW/HiltonHonors Gold
You can only Upgrade with miles or PMU on DL/AF/AM flights if they are booked as DL codeshare space. Y, B, M fares transatlantic and not intra-europe or past CDG (except DL operated India flights)
Old Nov 28, 2005, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta; Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JHattery
A bit confused here - the only routes on which I use PMU's are international routes. Tend to get upgraded domestically regardless given PM status. to me, PMU's have little worth domestically. Technically, PMU's are only good on DL metal, but I've successfully used them on Skyteam partner metal, particularly Czech air.
I usually fly to SE Asia and rarely through NRT. So, partner airlines like Korean, China Air and NWA. It is my understanding that my PMU's are worthless on those carriers. My fiancee' is coming back on her first ever flight and I used one to get her the upgrade on DL 461 from SEA to ATL. The other segments are China Air. I now have 5 left and I'm just wondering if I should go ahead and make SURE I get the upgrade from SEA to ATL so we are sitting together. I think even flying to NRT I would need to be in a Y,B, or M fare. A Q fare cannot be upgraded on INTL Delta flights using a PMU certificate, right?

LS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.