Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Better connection- PDX or SLC?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2000, 12:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
While both SLC and PDX are similiar, I would vote for PDX because of the DL focus on the international traveler. SLC is nice, and rarely delayed, but PDX is just a notch higher in the facilities available. If you like to shop / eat it has some good restaurants in the terminal. The PDX crown room is more spacious and MUCH less crowded than the SLC.

As to a connection via ATL, I would take the SLC or PDX connection any time!

Have you considered a LAX or SAN connection? Both will provide a BE flight to JFK and I do beleive they are on the routing.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
So far the PDX & SLC fares are looking better. and I would think that either of these 2 airports are easier connections than LAX or SAN.
Originally posted by DL Platinum:
While both SLC and PDX are similiar, I would vote for PDX because of the DL focus on the international traveler. SLC is nice, and rarely delayed, but PDX is just a notch higher in the facilities available. If you like to shop / eat it has some good restaurants in the terminal. The PDX crown room is more spacious and MUCH less crowded than the SLC.

As to a connection via ATL, I would take the SLC or PDX connection any time!

Have you considered a LAX or SAN connection? Both will provide a BE flight to JFK and I do beleive they are on the routing.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 7:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
Delta has the nicest concourse at PDX because of the investment it made in using PDX as an international gateway (sadly coming to an end next year). The gates are close together.

One other good point, besides the extra miles: the flight from PDX to LAS is long enough to have some meal and drinks service; I haven't flown DL's SLC-LAS flight but I would guess that it's not long enough for real food. I had a very good experience last month in F on DL from PDX to LAS.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So far the vote is leaning towards PDX.
Originally posted by Law Lord:
Delta has the nicest concourse at PDX because of the investment it made in using PDX as an international gateway (sadly coming to an end next year). The gates are close together.

One other good point, besides the extra miles: the flight from PDX to LAS is long enough to have some meal and drinks service; I haven't flown DL's SLC-LAS flight but I would guess that it's not long enough for real food. I had a very good experience last month in F on DL from PDX to LAS.
Old Oct 6, 2000, 2:25 pm

I'd say Portland. It is a beautiful airport, with a great Delta Crown Room Club.
Old Oct 6, 2000, 9:26 pm

Here's a little secret. If you go to the PDX Crown Room don't go upstairs. Just go thru the door to the left of the counter.

You'll almost have it to yourself. It's much nicer than the one upstairs but very few people know about it.

I think it used to be the international lounge.

The PDX Crown Room staff is "the best"!!!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by dlplatinum:
I'd say Portland. It is a beautiful airport, with a great Delta Crown Room Club. [/QUOTE]

Old Oct 7, 2000, 11:22 am
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally posted by davefr:
Here's a little secret. If you go to the PDX Crown Room don't go upstairs. Just go thru the door to the left of the counter.

You'll almost have it to yourself. It's much nicer than the one upstairs but very few people know about it.

I think it used to be the international lounge.

The PDX Crown Room staff is "the best"!!!!

QUOTE]Originally posted by dlplatinum:
I'd say Portland. It is a beautiful airport, with a great Delta Crown Room Club.

[/QUOTE]

Darn! Now you let the cat out of the bag. It is very common for me to be the only one in there many times. It did used to be the international lounge.
Old Oct 7, 2000, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: On a collision course with Kettledom
It uswd to be the intl. first class lounge, when that still existed.

Never suspected the room was still open, though!
Old Oct 7, 2000, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Boy, it looks like I opened up Pandora's Box with my question!
Originally posted by jeffreyt:
Darn! Now you let the cat out of the bag. It is very common for me to be the only one in there many times. It did used to be the international lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.