Wiki Posts
Search

DL To Offer Same-Sex Domestic Partner Benefits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2000, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
DL To Offer Same-Sex Domestic Partner Benefits

Delta’s Domestic Partner Program will be implemented in two phases. Effective immediately, bereavement leave and Family Medical Leave will be offered to employees in a domestic partner relationship who are based in the U.S./San Juan. Effective July 1, 2001, the following additional benefits will be made available:

Medical/dental coverage
Optional life insurance (partner and partner’s children)
Long Term Care insurance
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Short-term disability benefits (Domestic partner will count as an eligible family member in determining the amount of short-term disability benefits)
Survivor income benefit from Disability and Survivor Plan (Subject to eligibility requirements, domestic partner will count as an eligible family member)
Yield fare, non-revenue travel privileges for the children of the domestic partner, as well as the domestic partner.

I think this is great. Other Fortune 500 companies as well as other airlines offer and have offered this benefit to their employees. Also, effective next year, DL will offer Martin Luther King, Jr. Day as an additional personal option holiday. Just shows/proves that DL is truely a globally diverse company.
I'm proud to work for such a company.

And.....have you seen the August DOT figures? #2 in least mishandled baggage reports, #3 in fewest customer complaints, and #3 in best on-time performance. All this while having 10,857,965 passengers!

[This message has been edited by Russ21Atl (edited 10-05-2000).]
Old Oct 5, 2000, 11:35 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Yes, it is good- and about time.
They are finally matching AA, UA and others.
I notice their load factors are down for Sept.
Do they still feel they have too many elites?
Old Oct 5, 2000, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors Gold, SPG Gold & Avis First
Our load factor for Sept. is down 0.1% compared with Sept. 1999, but our calendar YTD load factor is up 3% compared to 1999 numbers. CO's Sept. load factor is down 0.4% compared to Sept. 1999 and UA's load factor is down 1.4% compared to Sept. 1999. We still have the busy holiday season upon us too. At any rate, this topic isn't about load factors, there are other posts for that.

Old Oct 5, 2000, 5:10 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
This is really good and fair news. I think it's commendable on DL's part.
Old Oct 6, 2000, 4:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott lifetime Ti, USMC
Originally posted by jeffreyt:
This is really good and fair news. I think it's commendable on DL's part.
As a stockholder, I am pleased to see DL doing this because I believe it will contribute to the welfare and morale of employees.

Now, about those SWUs...
Old Oct 6, 2000, 9:08 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

This is good news!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.