Search

Base miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2000, 9:42 am
Ken
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Silver
Base miles

I am close to SM, about 5000 miles away. I just got the Skymiles AmEx Gold with 10K bonus miles, and have booked a trip from ATL to LAS with the card, and would get 2X the Skymiles. Is any of the going to count as base miles? Thanks.

Ken
Old Oct 5, 2000, 10:08 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Nope, only the ATL-LAS and LAS-ATL actual miles will count as base miles. You might try throwing in a connection or two to SLC or CVG if you want to increase the number of base miles and segment credits you receive.

------------------
Time..... is on my side.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 12:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM 4MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat Elite, HH Diamond
You will want to check the fine print on the credit card application. There was a time when the offer included a certain amount of "base" miles in addition to the normal miles. I'm not sure if that is still in effect though.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, DL DIrt Medallion
Only the Platinum DL AMEX offers BASE miles.
Old Oct 5, 2000, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Spiff is correct, only the actual miles that you fly count. You should have picked the Platinum card. In addition effective Monday 10/2, the AMEX web site changed the terms of the Platinum card and base miles are no longer offered!
Originally posted by Ken:
I am close to SM, about 5000 miles away. I just got the Skymiles AmEx Gold with 10K bonus miles, and have booked a trip from ATL to LAS with the card, and would get 2X the Skymiles. Is any of the going to count as base miles? Thanks.

Ken

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.