Wiki Posts
Search

Crown Rooms Now take Priority Pass cards

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 1999, 1:08 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Crown Rooms Now take Priority Pass cards

HURRAY for Priority Pass members like myself!

You can now use your Priority Pass card at the 39 Delta Crown Club lounges in teh U-S and Canada.

A very nice step, since the Delta lounge at EWR is near my flights!!!

Now I have to get Priority Pass to get to get U-A's Red Carpet Lounge to take the card!!!

Then It's PEPSI and Sam Adams to my hearts content!
Old May 11, 1999, 1:31 pm
Original Member

Sorry for being ignorant, but what is a Priority Pass? Is it related in any way to the Priority Club?
Old May 11, 1999, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh, I bet Crowne Roomers are going to jump for joy over this! They may have to change the name to the Crowded Room with all those Red Carpetiers and Priority Pass folks coming in. At least with the United deal you got the reciprical benefit of being able to use their RCC rooms (but of course, that's only if you ever fly United). But with the Priority Pass deal, do you get anything in return? All this is just going to make for more crowded rooms for all of us. Don't you just love these alliance things?
Old May 11, 1999, 1:51 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

Priority Pass is completely DIFFERENT from Priority Club. Priority Pass is a program that for a fee of about 99 dollars a year lets members of the International Airline Passengers Association go into SOME airline club rooms (Mainly TWA, Northwest, America West and NOW DELTA!!! YEAH!!!)

If you take the program of per visit use it's about 21 dollars. You just show your card at the door. I have this because I sometimes have time to use the airport loungues sometimes NOT.

If you need further information leroy E-Mail me.

I like the program.

Priority Club is Holiday Inns program. It's ok. They don't help you get into airline clubs.

And I'm sorry PremEx that we Priority Pass members will make the Delta Crown Rooms the Delta CROWDED ROOMS> But I take up little space in the corner in the back with my laptop and PEPSI (funny, I even sat in the back int eh corner in the cafeteria in HIgh School!
Old May 11, 1999, 2:09 pm

Catman...you will NEVER be served Pepsi in a Delta Crown room or any service hosted by Delta. No self respecting southern airline would serve anything other than Coca-Cola, especially in their hometown.

Thanks for the tip...now us "low level" elites don't have to pay $300+ dollars to enjoy Delta's lounge and complimentary drinks (for now).
Old May 11, 1999, 3:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
I have a Priority Pass too (I get it free with my Swiss VISA card, and in add the first 4 visits per calendar year are free too, subsequent visits then would cost $25/visit).

One big disadvantage compared to the lounges of "my" airlines - the Priority (accepting) lounge doesn't provide the airline services (check-in, changements, vouchers if the flight is late, etc.) and it is rare (and would be just luck) that the priority lounge is near the departure gate of my flight.
Old May 11, 1999, 9:27 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Whoa ... got scared for a minute there that my CRC's were going to get even more crowded ...

Then I went back to the previous posts about this and saw that in addition to the $99/year, you have to pay $21 for each visit, right?

If that's the case, I'm not too concerned about it ... it shouldn't cause too many more folks to be in the CRC's than there is now ... though at least with DL's free drinks you could easily drink $21 in beer/alcohol, though I don't recall any CRC's having Sam Adams ...
Old May 12, 1999, 8:27 am

There is a Priority Pass available for $200+- that will allow the pass holder unlimited access for one year. Guests are still $21, I believe.
Old May 12, 1999, 10:17 am
Original Member

I think the Crown Room in Boston serves Sam Adams.
Old May 19, 1999, 9:09 am
Original Member

If the Priority pass costs $99, and you still need to pay $21 to get into the CRC, then you would need to use it at least 25 times per year to make it worthwhile (since any schmuck can get a day pass to the CRC for $25 ... do the math). If I have missed something, please please correct me, since next month or so I plan on buying into the CRC (Silver Elite price of $275, and I have a $50 promo coupon, bringing the actual cost to $225).
Old May 19, 1999, 10:11 am
Original Member

mritchie, the issue is that you get cross-access to multiple carriers' lounges, not just the one you buy (and possibly partners).

jl
Old May 19, 1999, 2:32 pm
Commander Catcop
Original Poster

All I know is that I am happy about getting into the Crown Rooms.

Question: does any airline club serve FREE alcohol? (not saying that I am tempted to have any alcohol.) I thought the Crown Rooms did.

So when I hit EWR I plan to give them a try and test out the Priority club card (of course bringing the letter announcing the deal just to be sure!

Old May 19, 1999, 3:15 pm

Catman ~ CRC's certainly do have free beverages ... so if you have a long layover, wait, or delay, you should easily be able to drink $21 worth of alcohol ...

The N'Awlins CRC has great Margaritas btw if you're ever there ... (they're the only one I know of that has them)
Old May 20, 1999, 1:42 am

Catman: Free alcohol still available at NW Worldclubs.
Old May 20, 1999, 8:23 am

Actually, come to think of it, when I was in the CO club in IAH a few months ago (taking advantage of my AMEX Platinum Card priveleges) they had free alcohol too ... and much better food than DL CRC's too ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.