Wiki Posts
Search

Better than Nuthin'

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 1999, 9:25 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Better than Nuthin'

Well, I have received a reply to my three e-mails to Delta regarding my trip to Portland on January 18th, when my bag could apparently make the flight, but I was told that I couldn't make it, and got bumped to then wait another 6 1/2 hrs. to get to Portland, only to search and search, begin to file a missing bag report at 1:30 am Pacific time, and then be told my bag was already there from the earlier flight I was supposed to be on. Ranted and raved, demanded compensation in the form of a free ticket voucher from Delta. They refused, but have sent a $100 travel voucher. Should I take it, or keep fighting??

Djlawman
Old Feb 8, 1999, 10:21 pm
Original Member

Congratulations on the return E-Mail from Delta Airlines. I would take the $100 vouchure. And consider it a day... As you say " better than nuttin". Whatever...
Just my two cents.

Mike
Old Feb 9, 1999, 10:24 am
Original Member

DJlawman: Ive thought you were more sophisticated. I've had situations where I checked in, then had my flight delayed. (Always on Delta) My checked bags are usually put on the flight I was originally scheduled on. When I get to my destination, the first place I check is "Baggage Service." They usually have a bunch of unclaimed bags sitting around, and mine is usually one of them. They came in on earlier flights and weren't claimed from the carousel. Thus, I get my bags FIRST.
You shoud definitely keep the voucher. However, if getting your bags is more important, check the baggage service area before you complain.
Old Feb 9, 1999, 1:30 pm
Commander Catcop

It depends if you are in the mood to keep fighting or just move on and take the 100 dollars.

I don't know what I would do. If you feel that you were really treated unfairly then I would write delta again, saying through "thank you for the response but..."

Or I would take it up as a bad travel experience and move on.

It depends how much time you want to invest further in this. Anyway, you got my support, whatever you do! CATMAn
Old Feb 9, 1999, 4:57 pm
Original Member

Philforest:

I believe your remarks were well-intentioned, but I really think you could have avoided the preface "I thought you were more sophisticated."

I think the members of this forum are not into sophistication; let's not make value judgements. Please?

Sincerely, and in good faith,
-Harry
Old Feb 9, 1999, 5:39 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Phil--your kind words are certainly appreciated. However, since there was no obvious unclaimed baggage and NO ONE around at 1:20 in the morning when we got in to ask a question of (as described in my thread on Buzz "Will I ever get to PDX", if you had read it), AND since it was by that time 4:20 am Eastern time (which is what my mind and body were operating on), I'm sorry I didn't immediately rush out of there with my own bags, well ahead of the crowd, thanking my lucky stars that I remembered Phil's airport tips. Oh, to only be as sophisticated as some of my fellow travelers. I can't wait. Meanwhile, in the real world, at 4:20 am in the Portland airport, I was waiting for my bag to come around the carousel with all of the others who had just gotten in. The aggravation was not in having waited 20 minutes for the bag, since you didn't seem to get it! It was in having been told that I could not get on a plane because it had left, when obviously it had not. I then spent an additional 5 or 6 glorious hours in the CVG airport, and didn't get to my hotel in Portland until 5 am Eastern Time, when I would have otherwise been there at least 5 hours earlier had they bothered to let me (as well as my luggage) make the plane.

[This message has been edited by Djlawman (edited 02-09-99).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.