Wiki Posts
Search

ATL-SAN upgrade prospects

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2005, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
ATL-SAN upgrade prospects

I'll be flying the subject route either the 24th or 25th of this month and have been trying to scout out which flights will give me the best upgrade opportunity. Being a lowly FO I have to give myself every advantage I can. Most likely will not be flying on Y,B,M fare. Are the seat maps on delta.com in any way an accurate indication of how many seats are left in F? Any thoughts on whether a 757 or 763 will give me a better chance, or what time of day? all suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your input!
Old Jul 17, 2005, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Yes, the seatmap for F is a fairly good indicator of how many of those seats are taken. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell from that how many people have Y assignments that are "on request".

Forecasting a particular flight for upgrade chances is risky. Both the 75 and the 76 have 24 FC seats. Others may be able to address the time of day issue. Overall, I would say about 40-50 % chance.

Actually, I want to change that 40-50% chance and say 20-30 since you are buying this close to the travel date and the time that the upgrade is requested is a big factor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.