Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

How To Register An Air Travel Complaint With Dot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Considering the numerous threads complaining about the Delta/Comair debacle over the past few days, thought it might be useful to post a link to the Department of Transportation (DOT) website that details how to lodge a complaint. While the DOT does not mediate individual passenger complaints with the airlines, their data can often influence airlines to improve their cutomer service and responsiveness. The link is below:
http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm
Old Dec 28, 2004, 3:33 am

good day,

. . . and many thanks. i think i will bookmark this site within my "travel items" folder of my bookmarks.

moderator/s: might it be a good idea to relocate this to omni? it is, after all, usable for all airlines not just dl.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 5:31 am

FAA also

Originally Posted by 53flyer
Considering the numerous threads complaining about the Delta/Comair debacle over the past few days, thought it might be useful to post a link to the Department of Transportation (DOT) website that details how to lodge a complaint. While the DOT does not mediate individual passenger complaints with the airlines, their data can often influence airlines to improve their cutomer service and responsiveness. The link is below:
http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/problems.htm

When I was rudely subjected to a body search in front on all passengers boarding a LV flight last year, I phoned the FAA & had immediate action from them that netted me 2 free flights on CO & the firing of the gate clerk working security since it was on film of CO's camera at Hopkins.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by travis bickle
moderator/s: might it be a good idea to relocate this to omni? it is, after all, usable for all airlines not just dl.
If I were to move this thread, it would be to the TravelBuzz forum and not Omni.

However, considering the nature of the Comair fiasco and also having some passengers held hostage on DL planes for 8+ hours after the history of the infamous NW incident, I think it totally appropriate to leave it here. If 53flyer wishes to crosspost this important link to the DOT, I suggest that he PM the TravelBuzz moderators first and get their blessing.

Rssrsvp - Moderator
Old Dec 28, 2004, 8:55 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
If I were to move this thread, it would be to the TravelBuzz forum and not Omni.

However, considering the nature of the Comair fiasco and also having some passengers held hostage on DL planes for 8+ hours after the history of the infamous NW incident, I think it totally appropriate to leave it here. If 53flyer wishes to crosspost this important link to the DOT, I suggest that he PM the TravelBuzz moderators first and get their blessing.

Rssrsvp - Moderator
I fully agree with Rssrsvp.

Due to the broad scope of the Comair fiasco, this thread should remain here. However, I also believe this thread also belongs in the TravelBuzz! forum for the edification of other FlyerTalk members. Call me a renegade moderator if you like, but I believe that there are situations where the benefit of the general population of FlyerTalk members supercedes some of the guidelines of FlyerTalk, and this is one of them.

As a result, I will perform a rare moderator action and transfer a copy of this thread to the TravelBuzz! forum while there are still only a few mileposts within it.

If additional FlyerTalk members benefit as a result, then this action was warranted.

I wish good luck to those who experience problems with the airlines in the United States, recently as well as in the future. May your complaint to the United States Department of Transportation resolve your issues to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 28, 2004 at 9:52 am Reason: A portion of the information in this milepost was not longer pertinent.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 9:49 am

Programs: AA
Thumbs up Thanks Fof The Link

For the first time in 40+ years of flying I am filing a complaint and appreciate the info on one place to go
Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA
Thumbs up Followup to DOT complaint

Yesterday (12/28) I contacted DOT via email about lost baggage on Delta.
First complaint Ihave filed in 40+ years. Also, I emailed Delta with a copy of the complaint. Today, I received a call from DOT wanting to know if I had received my baggage yet! I told them we retrieved our baggage from LGA baggage claim where it sat for a day with no attempt at delivery. DOT told me they would have followed up with Delta if we still did not have our baggage. What a surprise! Still no response from Delta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.