Community
Wiki Posts
Search

help with airport/lounge info (CDG, FRA)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2004, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL (GM), AA, US
help with airport/lounge info (CDG, FRA)

Hi I am going to be in CDG for 3 hours (8:00 - 11:00 am) arriving by CO BF and departing by Delta B/E while going from BOS to BOM.

I tried to look up CO flight 56 status on continental, but it does not tell me the CDG gate.

DL flight 118 left from OP4(CDG) yesterday.
So where would I arrive and where from would I depart ? (is change of terminal, security out/in involved?)

which lounge/s I will have access to? (I do not have French Visa, so can not get out of passport control)

While coming back I am going to be in FRA for 6 hours (5:15 to 11:00) arriving by DL B/E and leaving by CO B/F

DL 107 arrived at D9 yesterday
CO 51 departed from D12 yesterday
So I guess those two are close by

with these tickets which lounges will I have access to, which will be open that early? (without going out of passport control again) most important would be quiet (so my daugther can keep on sleeping)

Thank you very much!
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
You should have access to the AF lounge near the departure gate. The arrival lounges tend to be behind passport control, though there have been changes after the colapse of the new terminal. But the AF lounges near departure gates, though they are crowded also offer showers, which I personaly appreciate after a long flight.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
CO 56 from EWR to CDG arrives at CDG2A, while DL 118 departs from CDG2C. Upon arrival in CDG2A, you need to take the airside shuttle to reach CDG2C where you can have access to the AF business class departures lounge.

As mentioned by DeltaFlyingProf, the nice AF arrivals lounge is located landside, so without a visa to enter France, you will not be able to use it.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
Originally Posted by akel
...While coming back I am going to be in FRA for 6 hours (5:15 to 11:00) arriving by DL B/E and leaving by CO B/F

DL 107 arrived at D9 yesterday
CO 51 departed from D12 yesterday
So I guess those two are close by

with these tickets which lounges will I have access to, which will be open that early? (without going out of passport control again) most important would be quiet (so my daugther can keep on sleeping)

Thank you very much!
I would recommend the CRC in FRA (one of my favorites). They have a quiet area that is actually quiet most of the time (with big 'ol leather recliners). The quiet area is kinda '90s modern (not cozy but more like sterile). I always thought that it would be a great place to catch a couple of hours of real sleep, but have never been there that long. Don't know about the hours, you will have to call DL. The lounge is not far from these gates and inside passport control, but just up the stairs and around the corner from the last security checkpoint (there are several in FRA). Arriving under a B/E ticket, you can use this lounge -- and they always check your tickets & id. For entry to this CRC, you have to buzz in, so don't be alarmed when you get to the door and it is locked. (Again, check with DL on the lounge's hours).
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:03 am
Original Poster

hours not too good :(

Thanks!
FRA CRC seems to open at 7 am (from DL website)

So I will camp outside until then.
CO does not seem to have any lounge there.
No other early opening skyteam lounges that I can access ??
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:06 am
Original Poster

how about AF lounge

From skyteam airport manager here I found that there is AF lounge (airside for location) at Frankfurt. It opens at 5:30 am.

Is it possible to access it with CO BF tickets? Is it outside passport control?

Thanks
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:13 am

Would concur that FRA is quite nice CRC. Located near the departure gates. However, as mentioned there is one more set of security screeners and metal detectors that you will need to go thru before boarding. So, I owuld not remain in the CRC until the last minute, lest you get hung up going thru the final security.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, HGP ♦; former elite in Hilton, Marriott & DL (just under MM thanks to Leo)
DL changed FRA schedules on Oct-31

Originally Posted by akel
Thanks!
FRA CRC seems to open at 7 am...
Do you believe everything you read on the internet???

Well, I did say to call. The current schedule is that the FRA CRC opens at 5:30AM and closes between 2PM-4PM. (ie., it re-opens at 4PM for later flights)

I would recommend you check the hours before you travel.

BTW, think about "making friends" with the On-Board Leader on DL107. Probably will not work, but just before arrival in FRA, I would ask the OBL if your daughter can borrow that nice blanket and pillow to use in the CRC if you promise to turn them in to the CRC agent when you leave (Do not mention connecting to CO, just imply a later DL connection to the states).

Last edited by traveling_again; Nov 19, 2004 at 10:04 am
Old Nov 19, 2004, 2:22 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Some information regarding the FRA-EWR segment:
- as you are flying Business Class internationally, you have access to any Skyteam business class lounge,
- AF has a lounge in Terminal 2. CO 51 leaves from Terminal 2. Nevertheless, they might be in two different zones : Schengen for the AF lounge and non-Schengen for your departure gate. As I usually fly to CDG from FRA, I have never experienced a flight from FRA Terminal 2 to a non-Schengen destination. Would anyone have some additional information ? I also suppose entering the Schengen area would require a German visa.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Some information regarding the FRA-EWR segment:
- as you are flying Business Class internationally, you have access to any Skyteam business class lounge,
- AF has a lounge in Terminal 2. CO 51 leaves from Terminal 2. Nevertheless, they might be in two different zones : Schengen for the AF lounge and non-Schengen for your departure gate. As I usually fly to CDG from FRA, I have never experienced a flight from FRA Terminal 2 to a non-Schengen destination. Would anyone have some additional information ? I also suppose entering the Schengen area would require a German visa.
I my memory is right, US citizens on a US passport don't need a VISA to enter either France or Germany. Our passports are our VISA's for these two countries.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SNAGuy
I my memory is right, US citizens on a US passport don't need a VISA to enter either France or Germany. Our passports are our VISA's for these two countries.
that is correct even today and also true for other european countries and Japan and may be few others, but I am not a citizen of one of the richer countries So I have to keep myself in the international area. (Luckily I dont need a transit visa to be in the international area, which some other nationalities require)
Old Dec 28, 2004, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

CRC at frankfurt is really nice and opens at 5:30 am (actually they let us in at 5:25)

The AF departure lounge at CDG was small and crowded, but the outside was so bleak (metal chairs, cement flooring, cold) that I was happy to be inside.

Thanks for all the information given by you folks. It certainly made me look like a regular in those places
Old Dec 28, 2004, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
CO arrives at CDG 2A; the connection bus will take you to Term 2C via 2B, 2F, and then finally to 2C. If you had a visa, it would be easier to walk yourself over from 2A to 2C since they're next to each other but since you don't you will unfortunately have to stick to the bus. The AF C lounge is located by Gate C83 in Term 2C. DL118 to BOM usually departs from either C83, C85, or C89. The lounge is rather small and cramped and at the 0900 - 1000 hour is usually quite crowded; finding a place to sit may be a problem.

The FRA CRC as others have mentioned, is a wonderful lounge - quite spacious and at least run by DL itself. That will be your only option as the AF lounge is located in the Schengen area which again, requires a visa to access.

In any case, enjoy!
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks ClipperDelta,
but as you can see, I just finished my trip and was reporting back about the lounges
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:34 am

Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, DL DM since inception, 3+ MM, HH Gold, SPG-Gold
Programs: DL, UA, AA, HH, SPG, HH, Hertz, Avis
FRA is my favorite as well. Spacey, rarely crowded with distinct separate areas between TV, quiet areas etc. And they have the best food selection, IMHO approximating "normal" than any other CRC. Breakfast/Brunch are with real frsh German roles, personalized jars of butter and jam, cheeze in addition to a variety of good quality of German wines, sparkling and otherwise.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.