Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL AMEX 5K Award Travel discount - Targeted

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2004, 8:50 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
DL AMEX 5K Award Travel discount - Targeted

FYI. Received a postcard in the mail yesterday. 5K mileage discount off DL award travel between now and 12/31/05 since I am a DL AMEX Gold credit card holder. Offer may be used for up to two tickets (10K total discount) during the promo period. No sign-up or promo codes so it is clearly targeted.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 9:24 am

What the heck is DL doing? First SM given away for one trip and now reducing award mileage requirements for another target group? This one makes little sense to me since it will mean more award tickets for the same total mileage overall to Delta and thus more potential paying customer seats being filled with award travelers. Anyone else with a DL AMEX received this offer and, if so, what type of card do you have? Why Gold level cards? Is this as a result of DL's new financial ties to AMEX? Perhaps trying to give AMEX DL Gold cardholders something that parallels the 10K base miles that DL Platinum AMEX cardholders get if they spend $25K annually? Seems like a very poor parallel if that's what is supposed to be. What's the up side for DL and Amex on this one?
Old Nov 16, 2004, 3:39 pm

MileKing, can you confirm this by booking a sample award trip and seeing if the mileage requirement at the end has been reduced? If so, it would be easy enough for people to see if they are eligible.

Jeff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.