Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Delta SkyMiles (Pre-WorldPerks Merger)
Reload this Page >

ATL Security Lines on Mornings other than Monday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ATL Security Lines on Mornings other than Monday

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2004, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Question ATL Security Lines on Mornings other than Monday

How bad are the lines for security at ATL on mornings other than Monday? I know Monday mornings are terrible. News reports indicated 90 minute security lines last week. After snaking around the outside of the building and missing my flight on the Tuesday after President's Day, I don't look forward to repeating that.

I have an 8:45 am flight on Tues.
Old May 17, 2004, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Originally Posted by EWR-6785
How bad are the lines for security at ATL on mornings other than Monday? I know Monday mornings are terrible. News reports indicated 90 minute security lines last week. After snaking around the outside of the building and missing my flight on the Tuesday after President's Day, I don't look forward to repeating that.

I don't know about the mornings, but even with most of the lines open, there can be 30-40 people in each one. My most recent experience was a Thursday evening around 6:00pm.

I had a psuedo-stopover in ATL and went into the city for a meal. Upon my return, I went to the special GM/PM security line - which was TWICE the length of the longest regular cattle line - and moved TWICE as slow as the others. Humm.. Paging DL SGB, paging DL SGB. Come into our special lines (as a perk) and mingle with 2x the passengers, and spend 2x the time in line.. Ugh..
Old May 17, 2004, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Originally Posted by EWR-6785

My wife (a PM) and I both fly out of ATL quite a bit on Thursday mornings--somewhere between 6:40 (my wife to PHL) and 8:00 to 8:30 (SFO, etc) and neither of us has found the wait more than 20 to 25 minutes (and often less) to clear the security area (maybe 30 min max but I don't think it's actually been that long and I often time it). We flew out on the Thursday before Mothers Day (on an 8:15 departure) and it took maybe 10 or 15 minutes total to clear. Maybe it will start getting worse with the summer travel season, but so far we haven't experienced delays anything at all like we've seen in news reports and other posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.