Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Mispost --- please delete

Last edited by JimboM1391; May 24, 2011 at 9:27 am
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Any recent experiences?

David
Old Nov 13, 2013, 1:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Seems there's a new process to reach the Corporate Customer Care line. Dial 404-715-2600 and press 4, then that will take you directly to Customer Care at headquarters. Seems the old number and method in Post #1 is no longer working.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:12 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Seems there's a new process to reach the Corporate Customer Care line. Dial 404-715-2600 and press 4, then that will take you directly to Customer Care at headquarters. Seems the old number and method in Post #1 is no longer working.
Great, thank you for the update!

David
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Great, thank you for the update!

David
Wow. TOTAL waste of time. I called to fix a bonus MQM issue with an A fare. Was told by the agent that they cannot touch SkyMiles accounts and I needed to FAX (yes, you read that correctly) my issue to SM and they will get back to me. Definitely wanted to get me off the phone ASAP.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM - AA 1.6MM UA 1.2MM - Recovering UA UGS and AA CK - Hilton LTD, Marriott LTP, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
BTW - message on 404-773-0305 option 4 and 404-715-2600 option 8 - New TFN. Use 800-455-2720 as the old numbers will be disconnected.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by ChicagoPlanesTrains
BTW - message on 404-773-0305 option 4 and 404-715-2600 option 8 - New TFN. Use 800-455-2720 as the old numbers will be disconnected.
I'm going to bump this old thread to note the 800 number is still good.

But do not enter your SM number, or you will be sent to the phone agents. Select 2 that you don't have your SM number, then option 4 is customer care.

David
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:35 am

Works Just Fine

Originally Posted by DLBeno
For those of you who have had past issues with your flights on DL, here is the new group of people who will be handling your calls...

Please be reasonably nice to these folks. They are there to help you.

-b-

New Customer Care call center open for business
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
September 28, 2009

Richard joined representatives in Delta’s new Corporate Customer Care Call Center in Atlanta as they took their first calls Monday morning.

The center handles primarily past-date travel service recovery issues for Delta and Northwest operations. Calls are received from all customers with special prioritization for high-value customer handling.

Richard emphasized to the team how important their jobs are, particularly when working with high-value customers.

“Customers need to know that we have their back when we’re dealing with their issues,” he told team members during ceremonies marking the center’s opening. “We are getting back to providing the customer service that Delta was known for in the past.”

Jim Cron, s.v.p.-Global Sales, Reservations and Distribution, and Perry Cantarutti, v.p.-Reservation Sales and Customer Care, also were on hand Monday to launch the new call center.

“I’d like to get the revenue team over here so they understand the challenges our Res agents face every day. This job isn’t easy!” Jim told the team after listening to a call with one of the agents.

The call center, located in the Atlanta Reservations Center near World Headquarters, is staffed by three leads and 40 agents.

The operating hours are from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Until the single operating certificate is achieved, the number for Delta ops is 404-715-2600, option 8, and the number for Northwest ops is 701-420-6282.
Well, being nice is the key to most things in life. Most services folks, not just at DL, don't really care if you are mad. They are concerned that you might have specific issues.

Remember that these are worker bees that hope to have better careers at DL. They do not do magic. They can help and offer advice, but they cannot push a button and make all of your concerns disappear. If you contact them be specific with names, flight numbers, seat numbers, days, times, etc.

When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering." ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Seems like DL discontinued the option to speak with a Customer Care agent. Calling the 800-455-2720 number just continually gives a prompt to go to Delta.com to submit feedback. I also confirmed with a Reservations supervisor that there is no longer a way to contact Customer Care and speak directly with a person. The two other 404 numbers were also disconnected.

Disappointing, looks like DL decided to align with AA/UA on this one. If I/the sup was wrong, please correct me here.
lindros2 likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
They're about to pull most Customer Care agents out of SkyClubs. Is this any surprise? Why provide customer care when the planes are full, fares are high and the airline is making money hand over fist? Maybe it'll all change soon, but probably not.

-RM
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Customer Care is still available using the Comment/Complaint link and if you need to speak directly with them you can request that in the free form description box. They will reach out to you..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.