Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Customer Care Call Center opens in ATL Today

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Powers106
Or also for high-value customers??
HVC's would get the SLC based Diamond Desk (or the Platinum supporting call centers).

Originally Posted by Powers106
Or also for after departure and before return flight? Anyway, very efficient and friendly and they helped me out!

All that matters is you were taken care of to your satisfaction.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Vuelos
HVC's would get the SLC based Diamond Desk (or the Platinum supporting call centers).

All that matters is you were taken care of to your satisfaction.
Maybe. All I know is that I don't have an HVC number and when I tried the number on the back of my platinum card I was met with "blank stares", yet calling that number saw my problem resolved quickly and efficiently (and friendly). So super cool for me and them and a vote for calling them if you ever find a dead end.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 4:57 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I am still using an 800 number that ends in 1551 and it still works.. Just called it yesterday to recheck seating on flights with schedule changes, connex times..

Is this number to be cancelled down the road?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Just to confirm again that this number is awesome! The options to select have changed (I think it is 2, then 1, no longer just 8...) but they've solved everything I've ever asked them to solve. For example, yesterday arrived in PHX via MSP and NRT...and in Tokyo it was raining...guess whose bag must have been sitting on the top in the open rain!

Well, since I didn't open my bags till I got home, Ididn't realize they were soaked inside and all my books turned to mush and staining my clothes! Drats! But the phone number not only saved me a trip out to the airport to make a claim, they agreed to just send me a check to pay the damages ($125) and that was that! Great service and really friendly, though I must add, the first few minutes of my call were looking grim, then she must have realized I was PM and from there it was easy-easy.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Bump - any good experiences lately?

David
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:39 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
I had a good experience (after some bad ones) last October when I needed to change my name on my Delta SM account to match my passport. I had international tix already issued which I knew had to be reissued.

Some bad ones were the M desk saying not to worry that my middle name on ticket only an initial vs my full name on passport. There would be no problem....hah. I persisted (emailed Jeff Robertson) and a nice man at the ATL desk called me and immediately reissued the tix. His initials are DF.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Disagree completely. That line has been a dead end for me. I always call 404-715-2600 and then hit option 8.
I called this number today for my misadventures TPA-ATL-HSV last week. The service agent had a bit of an accent, and the volume was so low I could barely hear her. But I did get a voucher in a satisfactory amount.

David
Old May 5, 2011, 3:14 am

So reading back through this thread....I'm a little unsure of WHAT exactly is the best number to call...

DiverDave, which number did you call?
Old May 5, 2011, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Burj
So reading back through this thread....I'm a little unsure of WHAT exactly is the best number to call...

DiverDave, which number did you call?
I called the one below:

Originally Posted by WBurcham
Disagree completely. That line has been a dead end for me. I always call 404-715-2600 and then hit option 8.
I don't remember if it's still option 8, but that's the number I called.

David
Old May 6, 2011, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I called the one below:...
David
Great, thanks!
Old May 10, 2011, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I called the one below:

I don't remember if it's still option 8, but that's the number I called.

David
Does this yield better results than sending an email via delta.com, which probably gets routed to a general desk rather than one with a DM focus?
Old May 10, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does this yield better results than sending an email via delta.com, which probably gets routed to a general desk rather than one with a DM focus?
That does seem to be the consensus.

When I called recently about an overnight delay due a mechanical, I was offered a choice of 20K miles or $250 voucher. I took the funny money.

David
Old May 11, 2011, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
WOW! I recently found a bug in my First Class meal and took a picture of it. I was offered 7,500 miles via delta.com. I was very appreciative, but wonder if it would have been more generous if the request were made with a live person who may have been "embarassed" by the catering issue.
Old May 23, 2011, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does delta still do proactive service recovery for diamonds? Havent had anything in over a year despite plenty of IROPs. Sure I've gotten the survey every time but that's it. What happened to the service recovery efforts that were launched w skypriority especially for DMs?
Old May 23, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does delta still do proactive service recovery for diamonds? Havent had anything in over a year despite plenty of IROPs. Sure I've gotten the survey every time but that's it. What happened to the service recovery efforts that were launched w skypriority especially for DMs?
I received 5k miles and a letter (USPS) from customer service apologizing for my diverted flight. Completely unsolicited. So, looks like they're still doing it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.