Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Notice to Delta Air Lines Employees: Please Go Ahead and Post on FlyerTalk

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Notice to Delta Air Lines Employees: Please Go Ahead and Post on FlyerTalk

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2009, 7:58 pm

Considering that pre merger NW employees were not even supposed to access the internet at work...DL does have a much more relaxed policy....I would still exercise common sense and caution....Big Brother is always watching!
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by MGM/HSV/SLC
Long time lurker glad to finally have the assunce that it is ok to post!^
What is ASSUNCE??
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:07 pm

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
...I would still exercise common sense...
As WE all should! Which makes me often wonder why they call it common? Things that make you go hmmm.....
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I welcome the knowledge and comments of all employees, regardless of airline heritage. And as this is likely to be seen by a number of DL employees, let me plug one of the unique NW features that is many of us have and look forward to utilizing.

G ATO BUMP

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...se-tix-nw.html
Old Oct 1, 2009, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
I didn't say Anderson should post/lurk.
Richard Anderson acknowledged and confirmed that he indeed does read the Delta forum on FlyerTalk.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
let me plug one of the unique NW features that is many of us have and look forward to utilizing.

G ATO BUMP

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...se-tix-nw.html
Is the new Delta still keeping this program/feature? Could you explain in a sentence or two what EXACTLY this program is and why/when we should consider trying to use it?

I tried skimming the thread you link to and it I get it some how allowed NW to take over your ticket, even if on another airline...right? How is that possible, and why would the other airline allow that?
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Richard Anderson acknowledged and confirmed that he indeed does read the Delta forum on FlyerTalk.
^^ (I know DLBeno thinks that's wasting his time, but good for DL staff at all levels to spend even a few mins here every so often. The more datapoints the better I say.)
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by Burj
Is the new Delta still keeping this program/feature? Could you explain in a sentence or two what EXACTLY this program is and why/when we should consider trying to use it?

I tried skimming the thread you link to and it I get it some how allowed NW to take over your ticket, even if on another airline...right? How is that possible, and why would the other airline allow that?
Basically, it's what you think. You show up at the counter with a ticket (paper or electronic) from another airline for the same origin-destination pair you want to fly, does not need to be same routing, and NW will stick you on one of their flights. Why? Because they have a seat that would otherwise go out empty, and they can put your butt in it and get some money for it. How? Ticket is basically submitted through a clearing house, with some amount money eventually winding its way back to NW. Gate agents in certain stations are more knowledgeable than others. I have successfully bumped SFO-DTW (from a US etkt, not endorsed), among others (and gotten upgraded on the flight).

If G ATO BUMP goes away, I will cry.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Tread carefully!
While I don't agree with ya much, I do agree with the above...

Rank and file will be receiving an updated "information security" signature-required type of thing in the near future, I am sure. Probably a good thing--not all employees might understand the difference between giving useful information and releasing corporate secrets...

Old Oct 2, 2009, 6:04 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by ifette
Basically, it's what you think. You show up at the counter with a ticket (paper or electronic) from another airline for the same origin-destination pair you want to fly, does not need to be same routing, and NW will stick you on one of their flights.
Generally correct however, the OA ticket must be "endorseable" as per its fare rules. Most full and lightly discounted fares are endorseable but many discounted tickets are not. Back in the days of paper tickets, the term NONEND or ONLY GOOD ON OA would be on the ticket. That may not be printed on an eticket receipt but would be in the rules.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy
Considering that pre merger NW employees were not even supposed to access the internet at work...DL does have a much more relaxed policy....
This is a completely inaccurate statement.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
Agreed. If they wanted DL employees to be online at work, they would have given them a browser with an address bar
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by SchmutzigMSP
How is this inaccurate? Pre Merger NW Res agents were not given internet access until after the merger to align with DL policys that allowed their agent to go onto delta.com....Other depts may have had access, however NW res was restricted with the corp firewall....Unless my office is different from any of the other Res Ctrs...??
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
I've never heard from big brother from the years I have been posting here as an employee. I will will continue to do so to help further the passengers' knowledge and travel experience. It is a win win situation for DL and FT for employees to post.
Old Oct 3, 2009, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA; Amtrak
Is Queen of Sky still around?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366928
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470744

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.