Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two flights, same flight number

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2017, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ajwright
You may have to ask them to break the fare (i.e. split it into two flights). What you're describing doesn't sound like married segments, but a direct flight. So essentially you have 1 flight right now, that happens to stop in LAX. You have the extra bad luck of the two parts of the flight being operated on the same equipment - and for some reason, the system isn't letting you choose seats for the two parts independently.

I have had success with the medallion line before in getting them to split it up (in my case so I could get a C+ upgrade on the domestic portion). I might ask for help with the seats, and when they have trouble ask them "can it be done if you split the direct flight into two segments manually?" But you may have to HUCA. Just be nice, otherwise they may document the PNR and once that happens you'll have no luck.
I think the term should be "split the segments" not "break the fare" (which would probably increase the price of the ticket while giving less flexibility for SDC etc.).
Old Jun 19, 2017, 7:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think the term should be "split the segments" not "break the fare" (which would probably increase the price of the ticket while giving less flexibility for SDC etc.).
Thanks for the correction! Fixed in my original post for posterity. And yes, you'll have to get a good agent willing to do you a favor otherwise it will reprice as a new ticket (YMMV). Havings status would certainly help.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Thanks, all. Yes, I did ask if they could split the segments (very nicely, I might add) but that seemed to be a deadend. Meanwhile, waiting for the call back, I reached out via twitter and DL hooked me up. I have to say that the 3 times I've used twitter to get help, they have really gone above and beyond. We're in 5 seats together and DL didn't even split the segments.

When I booked these flights back in September via KE Skypass, our seats were all "preferred" (not sure why but they were...I have no status with DL). When the flight schedule changed and I called DL to rebook we were downgraded to regular economy seats and scattered. So with the twitter update we are back in preferred. All our other segments for the trip are also in preferred.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 9:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Thanks, all. Yes, I did ask if they could split the segments (very nicely, I might add) but that seemed to be a deadend. Meanwhile, waiting for the call back, I reached out via twitter and DL hooked me up. I have to say that the 3 times I've used twitter to get help, they have really gone above and beyond. We're in 5 seats together and DL didn't even split the segments.

When I booked these flights back in September via KE Skypass, our seats were all "preferred" (not sure why but they were...I have no status with DL). When the flight schedule changed and I called DL to rebook we were downgraded to regular economy seats and scattered. So with the twitter update we are back in preferred. All our other segments for the trip are also in preferred.
It sounds like one of the DL twitter folks did you a big favor. Without status, you shouldn't get preferred seats for free, especially on a partner (and therefore low) coach award ticket with no SkyTeam status either, even if DL and KE are playing together slightly more nicely these days.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It sounds like one of the DL twitter folks did you a big favor. Without status, you shouldn't get preferred seats for free, especially on a partner (and therefore low) coach award ticket with no SkyTeam status either, even if DL and KE are playing together slightly more nicely these days.
I agree. But I will reiterate that when I booked these originally all seats were in preferred for all segments. And now still are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.