Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shocked by "New" Sky Club at MSP

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2009, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by Evan!
Sliced bagels showed up at FLL about 2 months ago along with butter (maybe margarine, I did not partake),
SLC also serves real butter, not the partially hydrogenated soybean oil garbage aka margarine.
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by secretsea18
PS I saw fake "buttery spread" in JFK on Saturday morning. Ick.
Hey. hey. hey.

That stuff is not of Southern origin.

It is produced by the MSP hometown types at Land-O-Lakes.

LAX SC now has bagels and toasters.

SLC and LAX both have the D-E coffee machines. Although the last two times through SLC they did not refill the milk section and the best you could do was "whipped coffee"

Now let's see if SLC rolls out the wassail at Thanksgiving.

MO
Old Oct 7, 2009, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The best offerings of any club I have seen was at the Alaska Airlines club in SEA. Wonderful!
Soup at both lunch and dinner is quite nice - esp the tomato bisque or "real" chili (the veg chili's not so nice, IMHO). I've never had the chowder, but hear it's really good; then again, they say that about the broccoli-cheese soup, which scares me even thinkin' about the idea!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by secretsea18

PS I saw fake "buttery spread" in JFK on Saturday morning. Ick.
you mean "fake" butter to complement the fake cheese? @:-)

Dulta really likes it's fake dairy products (and seems to dislike healthy things like carrots & fresh fruit)
Old Oct 8, 2009, 4:58 am

The best offerings of any club I have seen was at the Alaska Airlines club in SEA. Wonderful!
I've been in that lounge, what food did they have? I remember cookies and some snacks, but not real food.

I have a softspot for the CI lounge in TPE, with freshly cooked noodles. KE in ICN also has some great food (easily meal quality)
Old Oct 8, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by SirJman
I've been in that lounge, what food did they have? I remember cookies and some snacks, but not real food.

I have a softspot for the CI lounge in TPE, with freshly cooked noodles. KE in ICN also has some great food (easily meal quality)
They serve soup in the evening. IIRC it was turkey chili when I was there.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 6:39 am

Programs: FlyingBlue (Platinum); AA (Executive Plat); BAEC (Silver), SPG (Platinum); Hilton (Diamond)
Writing this from the WONDERFUL new Skyteam lounge at LHR. Lots of hot food options, full cheese tray with 6-8 options, wraps, drinks, soup...how on EARTH does Delta get away with the crap condition of the lounges in the US.

MSP is absolutely atrocious lately. Nothing other than bar mix...AND nutella, which I have no idea what the hell I am supposed to spread it on. I can understand in small markets, but in markets that serve critical international routes, why would anyone put up with it.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:26 pm

President Club Vip card

Not sure if I posted in the right thread, if not Moderator pls move it.

My qtn is I hv a President Club Vip card ( 1 time visit ) compliments of Continental MC, can I still use this at the MSP skyclub ( I am flying NW ) ? Continental's website still shows MSP Worldclub as part of their President's club. Thanks! Hv a 4 hours layover at MSP next Tuesday in the morning.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 11:30 pm

Programs: DL DM/ 2MM, BA Silver, Amtrak Select Executive, SPG Life Plat/Amb, Fairmont Preferred
I don't mind the DE machine...in the past I have been 'surprised' by coffee in the traditional dispensers that was absolutely terrible...
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:32 am

Programs: DAL Plat, HH LT Diamond

i was at the MSP C SC today for about 4 hours.

WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT SNACK MIX THEY ARE SERVING?

I think those green cat food like pea looking things are wasabi????

I SPIT THAT CRAP OUT IN THE TRASH CAN -- IT'S JUST *GROSS*

I concur with the general consensus - not renewing next year unless I see SIGNIFICANT changes in the offerings at my core lounges (SLC/MSP and DCA)

I HOPE DELTA READS THIS... man, that snack mix was just NASTY!
Old Oct 20, 2009, 3:15 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by batdude
WHAT IN THE HELL IS THAT SNACK MIX THEY ARE SERVING?

I think those green cat food like pea looking things are wasabi????
Uh, I rather enjoy that snack mix. That said, I still want my cheese, crackers, and carrot sticks back, but by all means keep that snack mix floating around too.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:19 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond (x2), IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by muhakas
and about that Nutella . . . what exactly are you supposed to put it on? The Biscoff cookies? B'c it's often out with no option of carb-laden item to spread it on.
I just snag the Nutella packets abd bring home to wifey who enjoys them on toast
Old Oct 20, 2009, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
They serve soup in the evening. IIRC it was turkey chili when I was there.
Absolutely. They serve soup in the LAX club as well....very good too.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:26 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Keflyer
Not sure if I posted in the right thread, if not Moderator pls move it.

My qtn is I hv a President Club Vip card ( 1 time visit ) compliments of Continental MC, can I still use this at the MSP skyclub ( I am flying NW ) ? Continental's website still shows MSP Worldclub as part of their President's club. Thanks! Hv a 4 hours layover at MSP next Tuesday in the morning.
You will have to look at the conditions on the card you have, but the MSP lounge is a Delta Skyclub and I don't think you will be allowed entry with a complimentary Presidents Club pass. But it can't hurt to try.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 8:52 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
The only way to let them know is via the Delta "Feedback" rotating [ + ] that you see on the bottom of their web pages....

Here's the link to the Perks and Amenities SkyClub page so you can click the feedback icon and add your comments...

Originally Posted by batdude
I HOPE DELTA READS THIS... man, that snack mix was just NASTY!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.