Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2009, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe
For the record...

AA announced the Spring promo on March 17.
CO matched it on March 20.
DL and NW matched it on March 23.

By that calendar CO should have matched today and NW and DL will match on Tuesday. I doubt you'll see any announcements over the holiday weekend.
Thanks for looking this up. I recalled that took longer than others to get in the game, but did not remember exactly how long.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
C'mon big money (fingers still crossed).
Old Sep 6, 2009, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Denolloyd
C'mon big money (fingers still crossed).
Is the corollary to that phrase, "No whammy, no whammy, no whammy"? Jeff Robertson's big money idea of rollover MQMs seems to have been an invitation to a big whammy of sorts if actually matching or even if sort of matching like DL did last time (on a delayed basis).
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Is the corollary to that phrase, "No whammy, no whammy, no whammy"? Jeff Robertson's big money idea of rollover MQMs seems to have been an invitation to a big whammy of sorts if actually matching or even if sort of matching like DL did last time (on a delayed basis).
I think this affects DM more then the rollover. I am sure they based DM on a certain percent, if they have to offer double MQM that will throw off the percents a lot.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
If DL were to join the Double MQM promo, how likely is it to apply to existing itineraries? I need to book three transcon roundtrips, and I wouldn't want to miss out by a few days.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
Since AA and UA are offering it on existing itineraries this time around, one would have to assume DL will offer it on existing itineraries as well if they match the offer. The spring offer started off as new tickets only so that's what other airlines matched.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by timf
Since AA and UA are offering it on existing itineraries this time around, one would have to assume DL will offer it on existing itineraries as well if they match the offer. The spring offer started off as new tickets only so that's what other airlines matched.
I don't know - my personal opinion is if they match it will probably be on some sort of combination of new iten and/or fare class. Remember they restricted the MQM bonus to mid+ fare classes last time. Fare class seems to be central to how Mr. Robertson thinks.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
I find it odd this thread went quiet... figured I would bring it back to life.

Any ideas on status of this promotion? If we get far enough out from AA's announcement, it kind of fizzles away like a bad fart. And nobody wants that!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
Originally Posted by GoCanes
I find it odd this thread went quiet... figured I would bring it back to life.

Any ideas on status of this promotion? If we get far enough out from AA's announcement, it kind of fizzles away like a bad fart. And nobody wants that!
I have no new information. But if no DL match I am considering using my existing AA credit to reach ExPlat. If DL matches I have existing DL credit that would enable me to reach DM. So it matters to me, and possibly to DL management.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:08 pm

Programs: AF, UA, BA/IB, VS, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
yoo hoo... Delta... where are you???

I have a bunch of tickets i need to pull the trigger on and want them to be on you.....
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; US Silver;Mariott+SPG+Hyatt Gold; Hertz 5*; National Car Emerald; Avis Preferred
I truly hope they don't match... i'm trying to stay under the DM limit (to retain those extra MQM to rollover to next year)... and (especially) if they make it retroactive, I will definitely be over by the end of the year.

As it stands I still have 6-8 flights to book and will probably shift it over to US Air for the rest of the year to try to avoid DM if they match....
Old Sep 8, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by troyintn
I think this affects DM more then the rollover. I am sure they based DM on a certain percent, if they have to offer double MQM that will throw off the percents a lot.
But surely they must have done some modeling of differerent scenarios of competitive reaction to the announcement of DM. If the rollout of DEQM programs at other airlines this Fall caught Jeff, et al by surprise, that doesn't say much about their internal strategic planning processes. AA was ready to rumble as soon as UA made their announcement (or was that vice versa)?
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by pbjag
But surely they must have done some modeling of differerent scenarios of competitive reaction to the announcement of DM. If the rollout of DEQM programs at other airlines this Fall caught Jeff, et al by surprise, that doesn't say much about their internal strategic planning processes. AA was ready to rumble as soon as UA made their announcement (or was that vice versa)?
Vice versa... AA rolled out first.

Since CO, US, and others have not matched, I am guessing DL will not.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by apados
I truly hope they don't match... i'm trying to stay under the DM limit (to retain those extra MQM to rollover to next year)... and (especially) if they make it retroactive, I will definitely be over by the end of the year.

As it stands I still have 6-8 flights to book and will probably shift it over to US Air for the rest of the year to try to avoid DM if they match....
Just don't sign up for the promo!!!

C'mon DL, MATCH!
Old Sep 8, 2009, 7:49 pm

If DL goes for it (on LUT fares) I'll be going from FO to GM. If not, lowly silver for all of next year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.