Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Delta Skymiles Card offer

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Originally Posted by GaryDD
Really? I know who AMEX is, never heard of SunTrust and would never get a card from them.
I know both very well. I would go with and trust Sun Trust over AMEX any day.

I have been dealing with both since 1968.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 4:17 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by flyzabit
It's above in an earlier post in this thread, and in the Promos stickie as well, under the Amex offers.
[url]https://www201.americanexpress.com/cards/Applyfservlet?csi=36/35932/b/317 (I think you'll just have to enter a space or remove the brackets and url in front of the link, and can see it.)

Yes, I did the /317 offer and am having to request for the rest of my bonus and MQM miles also... I'm escalating the issues found in this thread and at least two others due to the discrepancies noted.
Attention Xeno and NWAOldTimer --
I called AmEx today, and finally got a straight answer -- and no I don't like it. AmEx found that the /317 Platinum Amex offer with 40K (15K MQM included) plus SkyClub passes was NOT in my account promo profile. Instead, though I was issued a Platinum Amex, it was populated with a "code number" that when the agent put it into another screen to get the card terms, came back with a Gold Amex promo of 20K miles after the first purchase (no MQM) and no SkyClub passes. It did also waive the $95 Gold Amex fee for one year, which is why I haven't been charged $150 for the Plat Amex (not usually waived).

I, too, had received only 20K (but including 5K MQM, though the terms didn't say that) with no SkyClub passes, instead of the 40K with 15K MQM and 2 SkyClub passes. My card came with different terms on the generic letter.

Amex is researching mine at least (7-10 days), and I must strongly urge anyone who has used the /317 page link or any other direct link with Skymiles and MQM (and SkyClub passes) discrepancies to take this to Amex as well as to Kevin. Kevin does have a DL liaison to Amex, and I just got a response from her, now that I have escalated this on the Amex side. Based on the concrete info on what Amex loaded into my account, she is taking action with them to correct my account and the Skymiles / MQM and passes. I'll keep you posted.

Now with this information, I do hope that stronger powers to bear are placed on Amex to
1.a. Properly associate any offer with the application page that will yield those terms and benefits.
1.b. Properly redirect an invalid / expired offer to an error page, preferably with that explanation, and a link to / info for a clearly-marked new offer, with a separate "click" to apply so it does not appear to be a switch on their part.
2. Update their "Congrats! You're approved!" page to also list the terms and benefits, so that discrepancies and errors can be nipped in the bud, with a live, empowered phone contact to fix it on the spot otherwise.
3. Verify before they auto-mail out yet a 3rd set of promo terms that vary.
4. Empower a specific Amex liaison to Delta (stated to exist) to work with Delta's liaison to Amex and get these resolved in a timely manner.
5. Figure out how they are going to charge a Plat $150 Amex fee when they posted Gold terms on the account.

Frankly, I would not have signed up for this card except for the new Rollover provision, topped by double bonus miles. I was going to hold at Gold Medallion + 23K for rollover. The 15K MQM and double miles did finally grugingly push me to get one - though my last international trip didn't make it on there.

My bet is that several of the links do not have either a proper error link or redirect if "invalid", but rather have a full, working application page that will erroneously and misleadingly (Ok - new word) lead an applicant to believe that they are receiving promo terms which they will not. Since the website pages are on Amex, they bear the responsibility for keeping them up to date, and ensuring old promos are marked expired, or redirected to other promos with CLEAR info on new terms. Otherwise, they will be liable for remedy under one's state-level "Deceptive Trade Practices Act" and banking / credit remedies for the cardholder. Amex also put Delta on the hook for the future liability of miles for redemption on their financial books, and a material misstatement of such by Amex to Delta is not wise for a publicly-traded company. If Delta then has to correct their books, I hope it is done for all in this fiscal year. Someone with the legal and accounting credentials should be the one with expertise to comment on that.

Last edited by flyzabit; Sep 28, 2009 at 5:05 pm
Old Oct 4, 2009, 10:37 am

More on the Plat Amex offer

As a data point, I also did the /317 offer a couple of weeks ago.

Tried to call Amex last week to verify terms, but the particular system they needed to check was down.

Made first spend on Sept 29 - by Oct 2, 3 had 5,000 new miles in my Delta account - which were *not* MQMs (as opposed to 30,000, of which 5,000 should be MQMs). Have called Amex and they are doing the 7-10 day research, too (gave them the link I used). Will see how that goes.

Putting the card away for now - will be cancelling it if terms I planned on don't match (it was the 15 K MQMs that put it over for me).

Hopefully should be ok though.

Alec
Old Oct 4, 2009, 1:29 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
Thanks for the updates. I too am on the edge of applying for the Platinum card with the 15k MQM. I'm 10k away from Platinum and am not sure if I will be traveling on Delta for another 10k this year.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
https://www201.americanexpress.com/c...si=36/20/b/317 This is the link I used to order a DL Pl AEX and like the previous poster the packet that arrived today said nothing about my specific promo.

Called AEX and they could not find this specific promo in my record. I ended up giving them the URL and they are going to "investigate" this for 7-10 days. I was told not to worry that the new promo will apply.

I sure hope so as I went ahead and canceled my other DL AEX that was upgraded from basic to Pl.

Any concern about going ahead and making purchases? I have two DL/NW tickets I would like to purchase this weekend.
Well, this is not working out it seems. A letter came today from AEX saying they could not find record that I was "solicited". I never claimed that they contacted me but rather than I found the promotion online and give them the link which they verified over the phone.

I have already met the requirements for the 40K and am frustrated so would appreciate some advice on how to get this to work.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Applied for the 40k+15k+2SC promo (via legit banner ad, not the links posted here). But after well over $1000 spend, did not get the bonus. Called, first person I spoke to basically said he can't see anything about the terms I signed up for and to call back after 12 weeks. Called back a week+ later, that person said she sees there is something wrong with my account, but also can't fix it until 12 weeks are up. Other than waiting, do I have any other options?

I am worried that 12 weeks + the time it takes Amex to fix the issue, might push it to 2010, and the MQM won't count towards 2010 status.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:56 pm

My final bonus miles took 12 weeks to post.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA, US, SW, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors
Originally Posted by bmchris
My final bonus miles took 12 weeks to post.
What were the terms of the offer for which you applied?
Old Oct 13, 2009, 2:49 pm

What is the best fee waived application out right now for the Plat?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 12:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat+, FoundersCard, Amex Plat, TR Diamond, Marriott Gold, Wyndham Dia, HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Mrs Huge is right now applying for her first ever Delta SkyMiles account, so has never had a Delta Amex before. We are planning on requesting a status match (she's CO silver) to get her Delta silver status for next year. I'm trying to figure out the best strategy for applying for Delta Amex cards for her. She doesn't fly as much as I do, so something that will help her to keep her elite status by earning MQMs will be helpful.

With any of these cards that earn MQMs as a bonus, is there a time limit on doing the first charge on the card ... ie can we wait to use the card until 2010 so that she doesn't get her MQMs until next calendar year?

I already have a gold DL personal amex, and I've already earned 30k in bonus miles but no MQMs (plus I've had DL cards in the past and earned bonus miles, but never MQMs). If I apply for the plat business amex, will I get the full bonus miles (plus MQMs), or will I only get the MQMs?
Old Oct 19, 2009, 5:16 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by huge
With any of these cards that earn MQMs as a bonus, is there a time limit on doing the first charge on the card ... ie can we wait to use the card until 2010 so that she doesn't get her MQMs until next calendar year?
Qualification for MQM bonus is based on calendar year (just like SkyMiles) not based on when the card was opened. So you will need to earn the qualifying amount Jan1-Dec31, and the MQM will post to the that year's balance (even if the tipping transaction was on Dec31).

Originally Posted by huge
I already have a gold DL personal amex, and I've already earned 30k in bonus miles but no MQMs (plus I've had DL cards in the past and earned bonus miles, but never MQMs). If I apply for the plat business amex, will I get the full bonus miles (plus MQMs), or will I only get the MQMs?
If you never had any Delta business AMEX, you will get full bonus.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 4:45 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott: Titanium
I ended up applying for this card (40k miles, 15k MQM). After a few weeks, I received 5,000 MQM and 10,000 miles. No sky club passes though. When I called Amex, they told me it would take 8-10 weeks to receive the skyclub passes. I will probably buy the sky club membership with these miles so I don't think these will come in handy.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta Silver
So just to follow up with ya'll, nobody has actually succeeded with the /317?
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:17 pm

Programs: DL GM
I recently applied for the DL Reserve AmEx about two months ago through a URL that was linked to a special promotion. Unfortunately, only the standard amount of miles posted to my account (as opposed to the full amount included in the special offer). I called AmEx and confirmed with two representatives that, according to their records on the computer system, the special offer for the miles/MQMs was not associated with the application I completed. The representative gave me two fax numbers to send a letter explaining the situation along with a copy of the actual promotion. AmEx posted to my DL SM account the miles I was owed three business days after faxing. The two fax numbers are: 623-444-3000 and 623-444-3001.

Be sure to include a cover letter explaining the issue and a copy of the application showing the special offer. AmEx should post the miles to your account within three business days.

It seems like AmEx is having a pervasive problem handling credit card applications associated with promotions.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond (MM), Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I've been tinkering with the links, seems some are a little old.

Does someone have a valid link for the 25k MQM promo? I've never had am AmEx and won't have a problem spending the money to qualify, but I'm only interested in maximizing my MQMs, don't care about RDMs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.