FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/931135-delta-flight-meal-food-service-definitive-thread-archive.html)

niele Feb 7, 2010 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 13274066)
The very first post of the thread lists meal times. Outside of those windows it's a snack basket in F. Regrets.

Breakfast: 5:00AM-9:45AM
Lunch: 9:46AM-3:59PM
Dinner: 4:00PM-8:00PM

I've read these times for meals before but how come the night flight hnl-lax @ 8:40pm has dinner but the hnl-slc @ 9:15pm only has a snack? It's only 35 minutes later ... darn, I'll have to eat a decent meal at the airport because I surely don't want to gorge myself on reese's and twix! ;)

By the way, has anyone ever tried to order one of the "special meals" when it's after the 8pm dinner cut-off, therefore receiving a "meal" versus a snack?

SkyTeam777 Feb 8, 2010 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 13274066)
The very first post of the thread lists meal times. Outside of those windows it's a snack basket in F. Regrets.

Breakfast: 5:00AM-9:45AM
Lunch: 9:46AM-3:59PM
Dinner: 4:00PM-8:00PM

Is lunch always the choice between hot sandwich vs cold salad with protein? It used to be longer routes like ATL-LAS/ATL-LAX, etc would get a choice between two hot meals like chicken/short ribs or pasta even at lunch. Now it seems like only the dinner menu has a choice of two hot meals while 5am-3.59pm would be one hot vs one cold choice.

Burj Feb 8, 2010 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 13350395)
Is lunch always the choice between hot sandwich vs cold salad with protein? It used to be longer routes like ATL-LAS/ATL-LAX, etc would get a choice between two hot meals like chicken/short ribs or pasta even at lunch. Now it seems like only the dinner menu has a choice of two hot meals while 5am-3.59pm would be one hot vs one cold choice.

I was on a CRJ-900 from DFW-DTW and for lunch the choice was a cold chicken wrap sandwich or a cold chicken pasta...

And when I say cold I mean COLD, not just room temperature!

nogophers Feb 8, 2010 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 13350647)
I was on a CRJ-900 from DFW-DTW and for lunch the choice was a cold chicken wrap sandwich or a cold chicken pasta...

Sounds awesome! Now stop your whining. Last week flew R-T between MSP and MCO and only received the passing of the snack basket (both directions!). Would have killed for a frozen wrap!

Taz Feb 8, 2010 2:12 pm

Flying DTW-LHR in BE next week. I know dinner is served, but is there also breakfast service?

SkyTeam777 Feb 8, 2010 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by Burj (Post 13350647)

They dont have ovens so they're always cold. Now, frozen is another issue though;)

Ironically, Ive not had a choice on my CR9 flights ATL-ELP; ELP-ATL; PVD-ATL; PHX-MEM....always the same pasta salad meal for everyone. I wonder if catering from NW hubs offers two choices over DL's one. (PHX-MEM was awhile ago and the more I think about it, there may have been a choice on it but I was in row 4 and didnt get to choose as they may have run out).

chrisny2 Feb 9, 2010 3:06 am

What does Delta serve for breakfast on eastbound Transatlantic flights in BusinessElite? Anything hot?

dh01 Feb 9, 2010 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 13350963)
Flying DTW-LHR in BE next week. I know dinner is served, but is there also breakfast service?

Yes there is breakfast about an hour and a half before arriving in London

msp727 Feb 14, 2010 1:52 pm

Hot meals not always offered on dinner flights

If you are traveling in first class on a route with mileage between 1500-1550 you MIGHT get a hot meal, some routes continue to get catered with cold meal service although they are marketed as hot meal routes. My recent experience with flights that should've had hot meals:

DL 2107 MSP-LAX (1536 MILES) DINNER - COLD MEAL

DL 2250 MSP-MIA (1501 MILES) DINNER - COLD MEAL

msp727 Feb 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by msp727 (Post 13389170)
If you are traveling in first class on a route with mileage between 1500-1550 you MIGHT get a hot meal, some routes continue to get catered with cold meal service although they are marketed as hot meal routes. My recent experience with flights that should've had hot meals:

DL 2107 MSP-LAX (1536 MILES) DINNER - COLD MEAL

DL 2250 MSP-MIA (1501 MILES) DINNER - COLD MEAL

DL 2575 MIA-MSP (1501 MILES) 5:35 pm departure - pretzels only

Boo.

msntriathlete Feb 16, 2010 8:32 pm

snacks on regional flights?

I was just on DL Connection (Chautauqua) LGA-MSN, about a 2-hour flight on an ERJ-145. There was a single round of drinks early in the flight, but no snacks (peanuts/biscoffs) at all. Do those flights adhere to the DL standards for in-flight service, or do the regionals get to do whatever they want? Should I expect to see anything on this flight in the future, or always bring my own?

msp727 Feb 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by msntriathlete (Post 13404197)
I was just on DL Connection (Chautauqua) LGA-MSN, about a 2-hour flight on an ERJ-145. There was a single round of drinks early in the flight, but no snacks (peanuts/biscoffs) at all. Do those flights adhere to the DL standards for in-flight service, or do the regionals get to do whatever they want? Should I expect to see anything on this flight in the future, or always bring my own?

You should've recieved a snack of peanuts/pretzels/or biscoff, however the worlds largest airline cannot coordinate this on mainline flights, let alone Connection carrier flights. BYOS

msntriathlete Feb 16, 2010 8:48 pm

one of those things I guess

Originally Posted by msp727 (Post 13404258)
You should've recieved a snack of peanuts/pretzels/or biscoff, however the worlds largest airline cannot coordinate this on mainline flights, let alone Connection carrier flights. BYOS

We had a real lousy FA on that flight, so it could have been laziness on his part (after a quick round of drinks he hid behind the galley curtain the entire flight until 10min before landing), or failure of LGA to cater, who knows. I did write DL a TTU, esp since he was super-rude to an elderly woman on our flight who politely asked him a couple questions, indicating she obviously didn't fly much. DL did provide apology-miles, but I was just wondering if the same catering standards applied. Thanks.

fly4work Feb 17, 2010 1:40 pm

LAX-MCO 10AM Flight

During the recent schedule change this past weekend, the 10:20AM non-stop from LAX to MCO was changed from a B737-800 (with AVOD) to an A320 with no IFE and no power outlets :td: Also, now the inflight service in First Class went from Lunch to Refreshments! :confused: Can this be correct??

orlandodlplat Feb 17, 2010 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by chrisny2 (Post 13354593)
What does Delta serve for breakfast on eastbound Transatlantic flights in BusinessElite? Anything hot?

Yep, there's usually an egg dish as one of the options. Sometimes something carby like pancakes or french toast.

And of course then there's the fruit/cereal option.