FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/931135-delta-flight-meal-food-service-definitive-thread-archive.html)

tjisnumbaone Mar 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive

This is the thread that contains information about Delta's in-flight food and beverage service.

Breakfast: 5:00AM-9:45AM
Lunch: 9:46AM-3:59PM
Dinner: 4:00PM-8:00PM

Note: Redeye flights that leave after 8 PM will NOT have a meal service, they will have the snack box though.

Last edited November 2009

BusinessElite - INTERNATIONAL TATL, TPAC (transatlantic/transpacific), AND SOUTH AMERICA

Lunch selection from most US cities

January, April, July, and October:

-Crab cakes and chili aioli accompanied by baked spaghetti squash and a snow pea and fennel medley

-Sun-dried tomato and mascarpone ravioli tossed in a pomodori sauce, garnished with sautéed leeks and toasted walnuts

-Cold plate of roast beef and grilled shrimp with a deviled egg, grilled peppers and asparagus

Celebrity Chef Selection: Grilled filet of beef with shrimp scampi, served with lemon risotto and squash medley.

February, May, August, and November:

-Sautéed shrimp with creamy tarragon sauce, lemon couscous and pea and bean medley

-Butternut squash ravioli in a brown butter sage sauce, garnished with roasted squash and toasted pecans

-Cold plate of roast beef, smoked salmon with a deviled egg, grilled peppers and artichoke

Celebrity Chef Selection: Grilled filet of beef with béarnaise sauce, accompanied by potato gratin and broccolini with hazelnuts.

March, June, September, and December:

-Grilled filet of beef with grain mustard sauce, served with redskin mashed potatoes, baby carrots and sautéed Belgian endives

-Fettuccini Alfredo with Broccolini garnished with roasted tomatoes and hazelnuts

-Cold plate of roast beef and gravlax with a deviled egg and heart of palm

Celebrity Chef Selection: Grilled chicken Ras el Hanout with yogurt sauce, accompanied by sautéed zucchini and leek medley and olive couscous.

Lunch/Dinner selection to most US cities

January, April, July, and October:

-Roasted chicken breast with goat cheese and red pepper pesto crust, served with polenta and ratatouille

-Penne pasta in vegetable bolognese sauce tossed with arugula, fresh mozzarella and mushrooms

-Cold plate of roast beef and smoked salmon with deviled egg and grilled zucchini

Celebrity Chef Selection: Grilled filet of beef served with horseradish sauce, cheddar mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans.

February, May, August, and November

-Grilled chicken breast with marsala mushroom sauce, accompanied by gnocchi, green beans and carrots

-Linguine tossed with spinach in a light gorgonzola cheese sauce, topped with sun-dried tomatoes and walnuts

-Cold plate of roast beef and smoked salmon with deviled egg and grilled zucchini

Celebrity Chef Selection: Tender filet of beef and peppercorn sauce, served with sautéed spinach, macaroni and cheese.

March, June, September, and December

-Grilled chicken breast with pistachio cilantro pesto, served with an eggplant and tomato ragout and saffron rice

-Rigatoni in a pesto cheese sauce with radicchio, garnished with tomatoes and pine nuts

-Cold Plate of roast beef and grilled shrimp with a deviled eggs, grilled zucchini and peppers

Celebrity Chef Selection: NY strip steak crusted with blue cheese crust and port wine sauce served with roasted potatoes and asparagus.

First Class - INCLUDES FLIGHTS TO THE CARRIBEAN, MEXICO, ETC.

Flight Distance: 0-899 Miles (up to 2 hours)
See snack box

Flight Distance: 900-1,500 Miles (about 2-3.5 hours)
See snack box, also a complimentary meal (generally a cold meal)

Flight Distance: More than 1,500 Miles (3.5 hours +)
In addition to the snack box selection you will also receive a complimentary meal with a choice of two entrées from Delta Chef Michelle Bernstein (at dinner only).

Flights between New York (JFK) and Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Seattle
In addition to the snack box selection you will also receive a complimentary meal with a choice of two entrées from Delta Chef Michelle Bernstein (at dinner only), a bag of premium gourmet nuts, and ice cream truffle.

Snack Box:

Peanuts
Twix
Biscoff
Pretzel Crisps
Fruit

All alcoholic beverages are free.

Coach

General snack info
Flight Distance: 250 Miles or more (about .5+ hours):
See snack box

Flight Distance: 600 Miles or more (about 1.5+ hours)
See snack box
EATS menu is offered

Flight Distance: 1,025 Miles or more (about 2.5+ hours)
See snack box
EATS menu is offered

Snack box:

Biscoff cookies
Peanuts

EATS menu:

Note: This varies by month (this is from November 2009

Pringles original $3

Planters® Fruit & Nut Trail Mix $3

Peanut M&Ms $2

Fruit & Cheese Plate $6
An assortment of Smoked Gouda, Havarti, and Sage-infused Derby (a green marbled cheese with subtle herb flavor). Paired with luscious Red Grapes, Pecan halves, dried Apricots, and served with Crackers.

Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwich $4
A slight twist on a classic sandwich. Grape Jelly smothered between two layers of Justin’s Natural Classic Almond Butter served on Wheat Bread.

Vanilla Yogurt with Fresh Berries $3 (Domestic only)
Start your day on the right note with fresh Sliced Strawberries, Blueberries, and refreshing Vanilla Yogurt.

Fruit & Cheese Plate $6
An assortment of Smoked Gouda, Havarti, and Sage infused Derby (a green marbled cheese with subtle herb flavor). Paired with luscious Red Grapes, Pecan halves, dried Apricots, and served with Crackers.

Grilled Chicken Gyro in Pita $8
Flavorful Oregano Grilled Chicken Strips mixed with Roma Tomatoes, Red Onions, diced Cucumbers, and chopped Romaine leaves served in a Pita Bread. A side of freshly prepared Tsatsiki Sauce tops off this Greek classic.

Turkey Cobb Salad $8 (domestic only)
A quintessential American salad. Mild Cheddar Cheese, Roma Tomatoes, diced Avocado, and cut Hard-Boiled eggs on a bed of chopped Romaine. Finished off with deliciously diced Boar’s Head® Mesquite Smoked Turkey, a sprinkle of fresh finely chopped Chives, and slices of crispy Bacon. Served with a side of Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch Dressing and Breadsticks.

Almond Butter and Jelly Sandwich $4
A slight twist on a classic sandwich. Grape Jelly smothered between two layers of Justin’s Natural Classic Almond Butter served on Wheat Bread.

TRAVEL TREATS™ $5
This tasty selection of snack items contains an assortment of crackers, cheese, salami, dried fruit, chips, and cookies. $5

FLIGHT DELIGHTS™ $5
A deliciously healthy and high-energy collection of hummus, pita chips, roasted almonds, dried apricots, an energy bar, milk chocolate, and a deck of miniature playing cards.

Complimentary Meal Service

Complimentary meal service is offered on select Hawaii and Alaska flights in Coach.

*SLC-HNL did not have it (my own experience)

Special Meals

The following special meals are available in First Class and Economy Class on flights where complimentary meal service is offered.

12 hour advance notice required

Asian
Baby
Child
Bland
Diabetic
Gluten-free
Hindu
Kosher (24 hour advanced notice required)
Low-calorie
Low-cholesterol
Low-fat
Low-sodium
Muslim
Passover
Vegetarian (lacto-ovo)
Vegetarian (pure)

Beverage Service

Nonalcoholic Beverages
The following complimentary nonalcoholic beverages are offered in all classes of service on all flights:

Coca-Cola® Classic
Diet Coke
Coca-Cola Zero
Sprite
Fresca
Bottled water
Canada Dry Club® Soda
Canada Dry Tonic Water
Milk
Tea
Java City® hand-roasted regular/decaffeinated coffees
Minute Maid® Orange Juice
Minute Maid Cranberry Apple Cocktail
Mr. & Mrs. "T" Bloody Mary mix
Canada Dry Ginger Ale (available on select flights)
Minute Maid Apple Juice (available on select flights)
Tomato juice (available on select flights)

Alcoholic Beverages
A selection of complimentary beers, wines, spirits, and cocktails are offered in premium cabins. Complimentary beer and wine is offered on all Delta Shuttle flights. There is a $7 charge, per beverage, in Economy Class on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights.

Make the most of your time in the air by kicking back and unwinding with one of our signature cocktails. After all, you’re worth it.

Margarita $7
Tequila
Midnight Bar Collection Mix
Served over ice

Mile High Mojito $7
Barcardi Rum
Stirrings Simple Mojito Mixer
Splash of club soda
Served over ice

For flights within the next 24 hours select Flight Information or log in and view Itineraries to see your flight offering.

All of this food and drink information is available online:

Economy Dining
First Class Dining
BusinessElite Dining

gsupstate Mar 11, 2009 4:44 pm

Great to see proof that DL has adopted NW's meal/flight duration guidelines in FC (meals on flights 2 hrs and above)! And, will be such an improvement in Y to have EATS on all longer flights, as opposed to NW's overpriced, horrible snack boxes.

scotty00 Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm

This list isn't completely accurate because it doesn't include meals served in F on routes like LGA-ATL.

mersk862 Mar 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Note that come April, DL's meal standards will change - meals will be served on flights of 900 miles in length, so routes such as MSP-ATL (907 miles) and MSP-SLC (991 miles) will now be served meals.

Note that I've been told the F Snack Basket is also changing in April. The good news is that a healthy option is coming - the fruits from the NW Snack Basket will be part of the DL Snack basket. The bad news is no more Sun Chips...

gsupstate Mar 11, 2009 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 11399672)
Note that come April, DL's meal standards will change - meals will be served on flights of 900 miles in length, so routes such as MSP-ATL (907 miles) and MSP-SLC (991 miles) will now be served meals.

Note that I've been told the F Snack Basket is also changing in April. The good news is that a healthy option is coming - the fruits from the NW Snack Basket will be part of the DL Snack basket. The bad news is no more Sun Chips...

God help me, but as long as Biscoff are still offered, nothing else matters! ;)

mersk862 Mar 11, 2009 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by gsupstate (Post 11399702)
God help me, but as long as Biscoff are still offered, nothing else matter! ;)

Oh I think the Biscoffs are safe...

Still, it'll be different not having the Sun Chips on board - seemed like the snack of choice in F cabins.

tjisnumbaone Mar 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 11399672)

no! sun chips must stay!!! but thanks for the heads up - i'll update this when the new meal info comes out

tomnativenewyorker Mar 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone (Post 11399052)

Alcoholic Beverages are sold in Coach for $7. If you are on a Transatlantic or Transpacific flight, the beverage with your meal is free, but any others must be purchased.

Not quite true, they announce that only one beer or wine is complimentary with you meal and hard liquor is not free with your meal.

On my ATL-UIO-ATL runs, they are usually flexible and will comp me a my whiskey instead of the beer/wine option; but on my ATL-AMS-ATL runs, they seem to be strictly by the book. YMMV

Nice list, thanks for the effort in putting it togetheer.

ILuvDisney Mar 11, 2009 7:14 pm

Flights 1,551 miles or more (3.5 hours or more) In First Class, 2 complimentary meals with glassware and silverware will be served in addition to snack basket, and in Coach the snack basket and EATS items are available.

I was upgraded this Sunday from DEN to JFK for a 10:25am flight. I have been accustomed to getting 1 meal service when I have taken this flight before. It's interesting that it is now 2 based on the 1,600 miles or so. Wow! Is it just one small snack and then one meal??

mersk862 Mar 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by wbelovitz (Post 11400459)
Flights 1,551 miles or more (3.5 hours or more) In First Class, 2 complimentary meals with glassware and silverware will be served in addition to snack basket, and in Coach the snack basket and EATS items are available.

I was upgraded this Sunday from DEN to JFK for a 10:25am flight. I have been accustomed to getting 1 meal service when I have taken this flight before. It's interesting that it is now 2 based on the 1,600 miles or so. Wow! Is it just one small snack and then one meal??

What it means is that you'll have a choice from two complimentary meals - a meat-based dish, and a pasta-based dish. The website doesn't do that good of a job of making it clear. Service would be the choice of lunch (from two items), and then the snack basket before/after that.

sspontak Mar 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Are the trans con FC breakfast meals upgraded from the standard non transcon FC breakfast?

ILuvDisney Mar 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by mersk862 (Post 11400627)
What it means is that you'll have a choice from two complimentary meals - a meat-based dish, and a pasta-based dish. The website doesn't do that good of a job of making it clear. Service would be the choice of lunch (from two items), and then the snack basket before/after that.

Thanks for clarifying, Mersk862!

motytrah Mar 11, 2009 10:04 pm

What's the hard alcohol selection like on DL these days?

mersk862 Mar 11, 2009 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by motytrah (Post 11401275)
What's the hard alcohol selection like on DL these days?

-Bacardi Rum
-Canadian Club Reserve Whiskey
-Dewar's Scotch
-Finlandia Vodka
-Jack Daniels
-Seagram's Extra Dry Gin
-Tequila
-Woodford Reserve Bourbon
-Starbuck's Creme Liqueur
-Courvoisier V.S.O.P. Cognac (on int'l flights only)

Beers are Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat, Amstel Light, Miller Lite and Heineken. Red and white whine domestically (and a better selection in BE).

Winkdaddy Mar 12, 2009 5:19 am

Originally Posted by scotty00 (Post 11399669)
This list isn't completely accurate because it doesn't include meals served in F on routes like LGA-ATL.

Does anyone have the fine details on the LGA-ATL special circumstance? I fly this route frequently and its not always consistent...I have received lunch on a 3:40pm flight but not a 12:00 flight...and that was a cold chicken sandwich. Breakfast seems to always be the same...cereal, fruit, yogurt, and a roll....no warm meals.

So anyone know the parameters for the LGA-ATL leg and if there are other special routes under 1000 miles that have meal service in FC?