Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems and Issues with SkyMiles Award Availability Calendar: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: WN CP; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by indufan
And pay the stupid fee, no thanks. Delta ought to make their .... work.
My feelings exactly! I've run into this exact issue (showing Skysaver avail. only to require SkyChoice mileage when you select the flight). We shouldn't have to incur the fee (let alone the hassle and inconvience of actually reaching the Delta agent) because of a system glitch.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:20 pm

My experience has been that the calendar almost never shows the same thing twice in a row. In my latest example, trying to got from Atl to St Martin, I kept getting different results, but finally got what I wanted- skysaver, even after a rep said that wasn't an option.

The thing is so screwy I highly recommend to keep trying until you get what you want.
Old May 1, 2008, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Award calendar/search still broken.

So I went to look for a simple domestic award from TUL-SEA round trip in early June, and of course even this PM can't find any saver availability on my travel dates (must be specific dates). Whatever happened to increased availability for PMs?

Anyway, no coach seats but of course First shows available on the calendar at the saver rate. After continuing to see flights, there are no saver itineraries available even though the calendar says available.

I've searched both by price and schedule.

I'm so sick of this.

(For reference I will probably just purchase a ticket since it is apparent DL would rather have me spend my miles flying international premium class on partner airlines than give me a saver seat on a $300 domestic coach ticket).
Old May 2, 2008, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
I experience the same thing time and again. Even when the calendar indicates SkySaver availability, when you look at the flights, it's all SkyChoice or a combination of SkySaver & SkyChoice or Y & F.

It's been a long long time since I've had a search return an itinerary that is pure SkySaver @ 25K in Y or 45K in F.
Old May 2, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: DL GM
Newsflash???

CALL CALL CALL SMS
Old May 2, 2008, 11:20 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Well, gee, maybe DL ought to FIX IT.
Old May 2, 2008, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by lls138
Newsflash???

CALL CALL CALL SMS
And pay $50 for the honor of having them get you a free ticket? No thanks!
Old May 2, 2008, 2:59 pm

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
This is the disclaimer that comes up on the calendar page....

"We always try to find you the lowest price—while the calendar shows SkySaver availability, your request may require combining multiple SkySaver flights, creating a multi-stop itinerary. When this occurs, your lowest price may be a SkyChoice alternative with more direct routing. All options will be displayed on the flight selection pages once you've selected your preferred dates of travel. "
Old May 2, 2008, 4:15 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Originally Posted by lls138
Newsflash???

CALL CALL CALL SMS
Uh, No! Why should I have to pay Delta an additional fee because of its neglect and utter incompetence in deploying a website that must be the most pronounced example of IT inferiority in existence by a major corporation. No, basically, I just suck it up and call India and while their skill level is slightly above that of a dung beetle in understanding my needs (was once in an intractable argument about the fact that the Malaga airport code was indeed AGP), it is still above the programming and IT management team DL hired form The Nouakchott College of Cosmetology.

However, I am in burn mode and while the ongoing problems are an annoyance, now that I cut the AMEX card, my currency will dwindle significantly. I am sometimes actually embarrassed for Delta, until I realize that they must really not care about our troubles.
Old May 2, 2008, 4:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by Air Brian
Uh, No! Why should I have to pay Delta an additional fee because of its neglect and utter incompetence in deploying a website that must be the most pronounced example of IT inferiority in existence by a major corporation. No, basically, I just suck it up and call India and while their skill level is slightly above that of a dung beetle in understanding my needs (was once in an intractable argument about the fact that the Malaga airport code was indeed AGP), it is still above the programming and IT management team DL hired form The Nouakchott College of Cosmetology.

However, I am in burn mode and while the ongoing problems are an annoyance, now that I cut the AMEX card, my currency will dwindle significantly. I am sometimes actually embarrassed for Delta, until I realize that they must really not care about our troubles.
Dude, this post is awesome. I had the AGP argument one time as well. Maybe it's a difference in sounds between American and Indian English?
Old May 2, 2008, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Air Brian
Uh, No! Why should I have to pay Delta an additional fee because of its neglect and utter incompetence in deploying a website that must be the most pronounced example of IT inferiority in existence by a major corporation.
I agree with this sentiment regarding expectations for web service, but if you think DL is the worst web cluster**** in the travel industry (let alone all major corps.), check the launch of the Starwood site from July 2007.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...highlight=bugs
Old May 2, 2008, 11:46 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Back On Topic, DLs award calendar is worthless and stupid.

Yes, I can call SMS and have them figure something out, but what's the website for????????

The calendar search is worthless and stupid.

Old May 3, 2008, 12:13 am

Originally Posted by spgaston
Back On Topic, DLs award calendar is worthless and stupid.

Yes, I can call SMS and have them figure something out, but what's the website for????????

Continental's calendar on their website used to be quite good but now it is just like DL's sucker calender.
Old May 3, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: DL Gold, WN A-List, HH Diamond, MR Plat, Avis 1st
Last Sunday I spent an hour of "quality" time with the boys in web support.

I needed a skysaver award. The award tool says it was available but it wouldn't allow me to book it. SMS confirmed availabilty and would have booked it for a $50.00 fee (phone fee and the new partner booking fee). I wouldn't pay the fee so they directed my call to our friends in India.

In my hour working to achieve a ticket and a fee waiver I got a free lesson in Indian cultureSo I guess I won the Skysaver lottery.

I'm so blessed to have unlimited free time to waist on this poor service
Old May 3, 2008, 10:25 am

And just now I couldn't even get the web site to check flight possibilities for a simple USA domestic return. The result was "Whoops! Something's not working now but we've put our crack technology team at work to solve it" or something like that. Just amazing. There are bright elementary school kids out there who could program better than these folks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.