Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread [See Wikipost for Listings]

Old Jun 9, 2014, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
[left]*Note: For everyone else's convenience, please remove your request from the Wiki once you have finished your trip. If you do not have the required permission to modify the wiki, please ask another member with ability to do so to remove it for you.

Keep in mind however only those with 90 posts and days tenure may post in this wiki, for more information regarding this thread click here.

Also, to keep the thread cleaner, if you see a compatible offer or request, please PM the individual in addition to posting 'PM sent to <ft handle(s)>', so those in this thread who are subscribed to the thread only can check the message. Not only will it make the thread cleaner, but the person offering access will likely get to the request quicker as the notification will be immediate. and may make special accommodations if necessary.

Some other suggestions to make your experience smoother can be found below:

-Hold a paper sign with the person offering or requesting access's handle
-Having a FT brag tag which can be found here (and may even inspire a mini-DO)
-Having prior conversations regarding your plans so neither of you are confused, this should also minimize the amount of time the person offering access will have to be outside of the club.

SEEKING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & PREFERRED NUMBER of GUESTS
e.g., 27th 2017, Thursday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ just myself

---------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFERING SKY CLUB ACCESS:
e.g., DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE \ FT HANDLE \ NOTES & MAX AMOUNT of GUESTS
e.g., 14th 2017, Monday \ 1400-1600 \ HNL \ Slippahs \ 2 Guests (May be reduced entry)

November 2019
Nov 23 / 1400-17:30 / ATL / Zorak +1

---------------------------------------------------------------------

MEETUP / Not Offering Access
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC

Welcome to the Delta Sky Club™ Meeting WIKIPOST Thread, a place where those with Sky Club membership can offer to meet those without membership in the Sky Club. Those without membership may also request sponsorship.

To ensure that our Wikipost is clean and tidy, old posts will be removed to an archived thread. The Wikipost may be edited by any member with 90 posts and 90 days tenure on Flyertalk. If you quite haven't reached the 90/90 mark, please post below and we will add your entry to the Wikipost.

Please follow the sample format. Your listing should follow the following: DATE \ TIME PERIOD \ AIRPORT CODE (3 letters) \ FT HANDLE \ ANY NOTES (e.g., a specific club in a terminal, number of people you can guest, etc.). Please also keep the list ordered chronologically, from earliest to latest.

Mahalo!

--slippahs, DL forum co-moderator

Last edited by slippahs; Jun 9, 2014 at 1:10 am
Old Jul 28, 2011, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Space reserved for future use.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 6:12 am

+1

This looks like a great system. Thanks for putting it together!
Old Jul 28, 2011, 11:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Well done slippahs! I like it and am excited to use it. It also explains why my post count dropped so much
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by slippahs
Okay, sort feature is figured out. Please PM me with any issues.
Looks great, much better than the billion post other thread. ^
Old Jul 29, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: riding the lifetime status. DL MM / AA MM
this is nice..... i do have a request: i'd like to see generic entries for ATL/DTW/MSP/JFK.

as a sponsor, i don't know which lounge i'm going to until i see where my flight is. as a guest, i'm generally willing to go to whatever lounge the sponsor is using. either way, i'm unlikely to want to publish a specific lounge in advance of travel...
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Seat1A
this is nice..... i do have a request: i'd like to see generic entries for ATL/DTW/MSP/JFK..
+1
Old Jul 29, 2011, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
+1
Done.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by slippahs
Done.
Thanks, slippahs.

The request form really makes it easier to enter the necessary info. Under the old system I always worried that I was going to mess up the format!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:18 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hertz #1 Gold
still not foolproof

This google form is awesome. But, I already made one mistake and there's no way for me to edit it

I entered the entry time to SC as 20:00 pm, the departure time from SC at 10:00am. That should be 22:00

Maybe some validation between entry/departure can be done with relative ease before adding to the excel sheet.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 1:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by klashn
This google form is awesome. But, I already made one mistake and there's no way for me to edit it

I entered the entry time to SC as 20:00 pm, the departure time from SC at 10:00am. That should be 22:00

Maybe some validation between entry/departure can be done with relative ease before adding to the excel sheet.
I doubt we'll see any kind of foolproof system with Google Forms, especially given the form limitations themselves. But I welcome all suggestions as to coding!
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:34 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Gold, HH Diamond
Is there to make a correction to a post that I made? I entered time in standard time rather than military time.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: - DL DM, HH Gold
Great idea on the new form - much better ^

Do we have any feedback on how often it is used? I usually pass through ATL on a Sat afternoon so I guess not a huge demand, but I am yet to have anyone take me up on my offers to sponsor!
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I need to edit my entry as well -- wrong date
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Awesome work, slippahs!

Any way to either split sponsoring and requesting into separate forms, or even just make a conditional format to color the two separately? It'd be much easier to read.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.