Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BUMP [Bring Us More Passengers] Program (Allowing Pax to Endorse Tix to NW)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BUMP [Bring Us More Passengers] Program (Allowing Pax to Endorse Tix to NW)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 9:17 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
This is not a published policy - you are reading the rules here.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 8:53 pm

Programs: NW Platinum, NW Gold for '09
Originally Posted by NWA012
Now there are certainly situations when an airline prints coupons, books the passenger and then sends them to NW and I have no idea how this gets settled.
Printed tickets are sent through a clearinghouse (at least they were back in the day). The airline submitting the paper ticket would receive the face value credit for it.

How is NW handling DL 006 ticket stock? Are they accepting the etkts moreso under BUMP than previously?
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:09 am

Programs: DL AA UA
Originally Posted by luvsbucks

How is NW handling DL 006 ticket stock? Are they accepting the etkts moreso under BUMP than previously?
It has been reported (see post #299 above) that not only DL but AS tix can now be BUMPed easier as well.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 12:13 am

Programs: NW Platinum, NW Gold for '09
Originally Posted by ADLFO
It has been reported (see post #299 above) that not only DL but AS tix can now be BUMPed easier as well.
I guess it would have helped had I read huh? Thanks for the info.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:05 pm

G ATO Bump at BOS

Has anyone had experience with bumping a Continental revenue ticket to nwa using the GATO bump in Boston (Logan Airport)?

I have an upcoming flight on Continental (booked by someone else), and I would much rather fly NWA.

If you dont think GATOBump would work --- is there any chance Continental would just endorse the ticket to NWA?

thanks
Old Jan 10, 2009, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
unless it's a paperticket, or some irrops on Continental, there is no reason they would release the ETKT ... you can try, but under normal operations it is not very likely.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 7:33 pm

For now CO e-tickets do not need to be released. NW has access to all CO e-tickets and vise versa. Endorsing is not necessary with CO...but slim chance they would just put you on NW.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 7:49 pm

hi nwa012

Thanks for responding.

NW has access to all CO e-tickets and vise versa.
Are you saying that NW agents are able to take the ticket outside the bump program and that I can just ask them to take over it? or do I need to tell the NW agent about G ATO Bump?
Old Jan 10, 2009, 7:57 pm

Well it's basically the BUMP program but CO and NW have an agreement to take eack others tickets outside of the BUMP program.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Easier B U M P ing

Have used the B U M P with mixed success and failures over the last 5 years since starting to read about it here in FT. Was lucky enough about 4 years ago to get a printout (about 6 pages as I recall). I have read many of the posts here just to see if there is new information about how to hand NW money and have them take it. My experiences largely reflect those on this board. There are stations where they are great about it and some that wouldn't take the time no matter what.

Here is my question# 1: Since I read from NW012 that DL tickets are now easily available, I want to be able to interpret easily......

My experience has been that CO tkts can be requested thru the computer immediately and are then open for use. DL has never been like this. I always have to go to DL and beg for a paper ticket (have been fairly lucky) and then NW does the reroute. So is DL now going to be as easy as CO?

An experience with US last year, was that the NW agent was able to essentially "swipe" my US ticket by just displaying the etkt number (ETR) and printing it to paper. Yes, that is correct, from a NW terminal, the US ticket was printed to paper and used for the reroute. Question #2 here: Can this be done with anyone else of the interline carriers? I think there was a problem trying it with AA and UA. All this is of course to eliminate the nasty business of obtaining your own ticket that you yourself have paid for from another carrier, in order to give the revenue to NW.

NW012 your feedback is great. Please keep it up, and I will be willing to keep flogging myself with these agents until someone rebooks me!!!
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:57 pm

Yes, DL is as easy as CO now along with AS.

I have heard of success with getting other carriers tickets. Personally I have never had any success with an AA ticket or a DL ticket before the merger. From what I have known in the past with carriers such as AA US etc. NW had to be involved in some way for NW to have access to a ticket without the other carrier giving access. I guess it's hit or miss. If I can ever help send me a private message.

Keep trying to BUMP, the program is alive and well!
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:14 am
formerly jasperjugan

Programs: DL SkyMiles Gold Medallion, Marriott Rewards Gold Elite, A|Club Gold, PR Mabuhay Miles Base Member
is this only for those travelling on full fares? i would assume discounted tickets with charges on changes and all wouldn't be good B U M P candidates?
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:21 am

It's on any ticket that has revenue...generally not BULK tickets unless from CO/KL/DL. Most of the tickets we BUMP are discounted tickets.
Old Jan 11, 2009, 12:34 am

Programs: DL AA UA
NW BUMP is indeed Alive and Well!!

Obviously I've been asking a lot of questions about this program in this thread, so I finally tried to put what I have learned into action. With the help of a very knowlegeable and helpful NW agent, I was able to successfully BUMP a CO ticket this weekend. This was my first customer service dealing with NW as a DL PM, and I am sooo impressed. Great job NW and special thanks to all the NW angels here on FT who have not only made us aware of this program, but spelled out how it works as well. ^^
Old Jan 11, 2009, 4:49 am

Programs: Marriott PP, UA 1K, DL Plat, AA Life Gold, WN A-List
Originally Posted by ADLFO
Obviously I've been asking a lot of questions about this program in this thread, so I finally tried to put what I have learned into action. With the help of a very knowlegeable and helpful NW agent, I was able to successfully BUMP a CO ticket this weekend. This was my first customer service dealing with NW as a DL PM, and I am sooo impressed. Great job NW and special thanks to all the NW angels here on FT who have not only made us aware of this program, but spelled out how it works as well. ^^
ADLFO, great to hear you had success and are pleased with the service from NW. We old-timers on NW are not surprised...but nevertheless, nice to hear NW treated you well. I have DL segments coming up this week (STL-ATL-EYW and back) so we will see what transpires.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.