Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Master A330-300 (A333) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
We currently have 3A and 4A ATL-AMS as my fiancee and I both prefer window seats. This will be our first trip in D1 and the cabin is pretty much wide open at the present time (our flight is about two months away). Any thoughts concerning these seats?
Old Sep 21, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: Free agent
Currently in 25AB and 25HJ going JFK > FCO. I have no status so I can't move us up into the preferred seats until DoD, are these prone to being loud due to nearby lavs? I won't sleep but my SO will be trying to.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jlemon
We currently have 3A and 4A ATL-AMS as my fiancee and I both prefer window seats. This will be our first trip in D1 and the cabin is pretty much wide open at the present time (our flight is about two months away). Any thoughts concerning these seats?
No concerns from me! Those are solid seats... you'll be good.

Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Currently in 25AB and 25HJ going JFK > FCO. I have no status so I can't move us up into the preferred seats until DoD, are these prone to being loud due to nearby lavs? I won't sleep but my SO will be trying to.
I wouldn't want to sit in row 25. Like you said, it's very close to the lavs so you'll definitely get noise, and even worse, odors from the lavs. Potentially most bothersome to me is that you'll also have a ton of people walking by you and standing around you. It gets weird. Definitely switch to another row if you can. I'd rather be in an AB or HJ towards the back of the plane than here.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by dmac7273
Thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by dmac7273

I wouldn't want to sit in row 25. Like you said, it's very close to the lavs so you'll definitely get noise, and even worse, odors from the lavs. Potentially most bothersome to me is that you'll also have a ton of people walking by you and standing around you. It gets weird. Definitely switch to another row if you can. I'd rather be in an AB or HJ towards the back of the plane than here.
Thanks, I may shift us back for the outbound. The return is much much more full (Nearly sold out) so that may be an issue.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 3:38 pm

Programs: Delta Sky Miles Silver, United Mileage Plus Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Row 15 A330-300, good or bad choice/

My family is traveling in Row 15 A &B and 16B from LAX to AMS on Christmas Eve. Does anyone know if row 15 is bad? I have seen conflicting info regarding it being a bad seat as the space has to accommodate the extra recline of row 14 (EC), however seat guru doesn't mention this as a problem.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 1:21 pm

Pros and Cons of 27A? A must-avoid due to the lavs and temp? Or a must have due to the legroom?

Thx.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:39 pm

Flying D1 to Europe late at night and hoping to sleep as much as possible. Flying alone. Forward cabin/window seats are all taken. A few seats in the forward cabin in the middle are available. Back cabin has a couple window seats available. All middle seats in the back cabin are free. What would you pick? I sleep well on flights and don't care about the food etc.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by 9kflyer
Pros and Cons of 27A? A must-avoid due to the lavs and temp? Or a must have due to the legroom?

Thx.
I will be in 27 H & J on an upcoming flight. Any thoughts or suggestions on seats based on the lavs and temps fromm your flight?
Thanks
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:52 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
Thoughts on row one middle section in D1 for a couple? We have row 6 now but 1 is available.

I am familiar with the lav layout, etc, I was just on the a/c the other day, but did not think to look at row 1.

Any difference for room, footrest, etc?

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:04 pm

It's really hard to search for reviews of row 27 on here because "27" is an invalid search term, so forgive me if this has been answered a thousand times.

I have the chance to book one of the window seats in row 27 on an A333 for a ~10 hour international flight. I can't find any good info though - it seems like maybe there's a door there that isn't flush with the wall. Does it stick way out and make it really uncomfortable? Does it reduce legroom even though there's no seat in front of you? Does it make trying to get any sleep really difficult? (For reference, the highly acclaimed row 10 is already sold out)

Thank you all so much for any feedback you can offer about those seats.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 9:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Originally Posted by pitweasel1
It's really hard to search for reviews of row 27 on here because "27" is an invalid search term, so forgive me if this has been answered a thousand times.

I have the chance to book one of the window seats in row 27 on an A333 for a ~10 hour international flight. I can't find any good info though - it seems like maybe there's a door there that isn't flush with the wall. Does it stick way out and make it really uncomfortable? Does it reduce legroom even though there's no seat in front of you? Does it make trying to get any sleep really difficult? (For reference, the highly acclaimed row 10 is already sold out)

Thank you all so much for any feedback you can offer about those seats.
I always pick 27 A/B or H/J when booking Y. Door is not an issue for A/J, unlike on 777, doesn't limit leg room at all. Temp is normal. There is traffic with the restrooms close by, but since the 330 has continued bins over the exit door you don't have a lot of issues with people standing right in front of you, and I find that the huge leg room more than makes up for the rest room traffic.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 8:51 am

Had a flight on A330-300 to and from Israel recently.

On the 1st leg sat in what I thought would be close to the worst seat - row 38, one of the middle seats.

​​​​​​On the 2nd leg sat in row 31, the isle seat on the right (my kid was in the window seat next to me).

Surprisingly, I felt more comfortable sleeping and seating in the middle seat. The main reason is in the isle seat you have to constantly watch your legs so they the FAs don't bump into you with their carts. So effectively, I felt I had less space for my feet, because I couldn't move them to the left of me. And the food service and people walking back and forth is both a noise and a disturbance when one wants to sleep.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by Dutch101
I always pick 27 A/B or H/J when booking Y. Door is not an issue for A/J, unlike on 777, doesn't limit leg room at all. Temp is normal. There is traffic with the restrooms close by, but since the 330 has continued bins over the exit door you don't have a lot of issues with people standing right in front of you, and I find that the huge leg room more than makes up for the rest room traffic.
Thanks for the feedback. Restroom traffic doesn't bother me nearly as much as seat comfort, so I'd rather have legroom, a wall, and the ability to get up without making anyone else move vs being someplace away from the lav.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: DL-Diamond, Marriott Titanium
How bad is 13As missing window, is it totally blocked, or do you just have to lean forward to see out?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.