Wiki Posts
Search

The Great Delta Board PBI-FLL Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2005, 1:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
For those who were there, thank you all again for the memories...

I definitely agree!!
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
carnisie Aren't you going to join us in San Antonio on March 4th? Please don't make us miss you! (I tried to think of a clever pun but couldn't)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...0&page=1&pp=15
Old Jan 22, 2005, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by paradocs
carnisie Aren't you going to join us in San Antonio on March 4th? Please don't make us miss you!
Paradocs, are you going to join us in Tel Aviv in November? We missed you in Venice and don't want to miss you there, too.
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I was just at this Carvel two nights ago enjoying a soft chocolate ice cream sundae, and it inspired those wonderful memories of my first real FlyerTalk meet.

For those who were there, thank you all again for the memories...

Let's do it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 22, 2005, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikey1003

Mikey, we did do it again and will do it a third time.

Unfortunately, we tend to wear out our welcome quite quickly. When I went back to FLL in November, I was met by the local gendarmerie and advised not to not even consider having the same group come back.

Hence, like Nathan Detroit's floating crap game we sought a new location. And what more suitable spot for a floating Delta Meet than Venice?

Not surprisingly, when we left the city, the carabinieri gave me the same advice as the FLL cops. Hence the next Delta Meet will be in Tel Aviv in November.

Of course, there will be other Meets before then -- San Antonio certainly looks like it will be a winner. But the others are not officially sanctioned Delta Forum Meets. To be granted such certification a Meet must have the Cholula/Canarsie/Dovster combination present -- with C&C, as usual, harassing D.

This, in fact, explains why Tel Aviv was chosen for the next Delta Forum Meet: It was the only city for which Cholula was willing to fork out the SkyMiles necessary for my transportation.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:25 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by Dovster
Paradocs, are you going to join us in Tel Aviv in November? We missed you in Venice and don't want to miss you there, too.

Thanks, Dovster! I sure would love to join you all, but I don't know yet if it is even remotely possible.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks, Dovster! I sure would love to join you all, but I don't know yet if it is even remotely possible.
Paradocs, did you know that dentistry is the highest paid profession in Israel (far outstripping MDs)?

NOW will you come?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Paradocs, did you know that dentistry is the highest paid profession in Israel (far outstripping MDs)?

Dovster.....you’re the only Israeli I know. I realize that’s a sad thing to have to admit but it is what it is.
But I digress.
If your diet is in any way typical of other Israeli’s, then I have no doubt why dentists there are held in such high esteem.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cholula
Dovster.....you’re the only Israeli I know. I realize that’s a sad thing to have to admit but it is what it is.
Cholula, that's not true. You kno my UIG and she is actually my UIIG (Used Italian Israeli Girlfriend) as she, like me, holds dual citizenship.

Actually, most Israelis love green and red garbage. It is all over the place. See? I am not only weird by American standards but by Israeli as well!
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mikey1003
When? Spring is already looking quite busy for me
Old Jan 23, 2005, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I am not only weird by American standards but by Israeli as well!
I have many replies to this statement, but I'll just keep my mouth shut.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 11:27 pm
Original Member

NOW will you come?
Dovster: how does that help me? Are you inviting me to get a license to practice in Israel? And BTW: this time are you serious?
Old Jan 24, 2005, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Dovster: how does that help me? Are you inviting me to get a license to practice in Israel? And BTW: this time are you serious?
Hopefully, you have enough experience in dentistry that you no longer need to practice but can get right to work. I am not even certain if you would need a license. I know that some visiting American dentists help poor people here and don't believe they have to be re-licensed (although perhaps that is only because they don't charge).

Yes, I think it would be a wonderful idea for you to come here for a few months, make a small fortune (even by American dental standards) and have an illicit affair with an American-Israeli. I am certain that I will have no problem in finding one for you.

BTW: I am always serious!
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
BTW: I am always serious!
How about when you tell us you're serious about not being serious?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.