Search

The Great Delta Board PBI-FLL Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2004, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula
Somehow, Ms. Everywhere sounds much more exotic than Hilda Higginbotham.
If Ms. Everywhere really is Hilda Higginbotham, I am in a lot of trouble. I dumped Hilda in 1979!
Old May 3, 2004, 10:17 am

Programs: AA PLT & 2MM- Thank You, FT !!
DOVSTER -- best wishes on your upcoming travels; looking forward to seeing you soon....
Old May 3, 2004, 10:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Delacpa, thank you for your kind words and I, too, look forward to meeting you.

I am not saying I am anxious for this particular trip to begin or anything, but I leave my house in 46 hours and 26 minutes!
Old May 7, 2004, 3:34 pm

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Has Grinstein accepted yet? Or does he quiver with fear at the thought of facing a large gathering of growling DL FFs?

Perhaps he should be invited to the Carvel gathering on Saturday to tweak his memory about the good old days of ice cream in F....but of course he was still running a railroad then.....

Hope to sneak in at the last moment......
Old May 7, 2004, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Cholula
I only know a few FT'ers by their real name. Somehow, Ms. Everywhere sounds much more exotic than Hilda Higginbotham.
Got me thinking, Ms. Everywhere is one of the best FT names ever.
Old May 7, 2004, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Originally Posted by dedehans
Has Grinstein accepted yet? Or does he quiver with fear at the thought of facing a large gathering of growling DL FFs?

Perhaps he should be invited to the Carvel gathering on Saturday to tweak his memory about the good old days of ice cream in F....but of course he was still running a railroad then.....

Hope to sneak in at the last moment......
Dedehans, I hope to see you at the meet seeing that you are a fellow MLB traveller. Maybe we can convince DL to get a few more flights into MLB?
Old May 8, 2004, 4:47 am

Programs: Prefer to stay where the herded cats are staying, IHG , Hyatt gold, bottom fish in other chains
Traveller, I will try to get there but if not, will happily keep in touch with you and continue to pound away at DL about increasing service into MLB....and perhaps replacing those moldy old MD88s with 757s..... @:-)

Have you ever been on the 4:15 ATL/MLB at any time of year when they aren't oversold and asking for volunteers to get off for DL dollars credits?

I am always in too much of a rush to get home to take advantage of this but by now could have flown our entire family here from different parts of the northeast with the credits I have passed up...
Old May 8, 2004, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Dedehans, I could have so many DL Dollars right now if I would want to get bumped, the problem is that I'd have to wait hours for the next flight and I just don't want to do that. I am never on the 4:30 pm flight, I usually can't get home until the 11pm or the horrid 1:00am RJ flight.
Old May 8, 2004, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dedehans
and perhaps replacing those moldy old MD88s with 757s..... @:-)
MD-88s, as a whole, are better than 757s sans IFE on long routes.
Old May 8, 2004, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by indufan
I'll take anything based upon a DC9 any day over an RJ but I prefer 757's over the DC9's (and 737's/A319/320's)....but then I'm flying NWA mostly these days and there it's BYO IFE
Old May 8, 2004, 2:53 pm

Why?
Old May 8, 2004, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by dspringer28
Why?
Asking "why" can only mean one thing...this thread is in danger of becoming serious. Nah, on second thought, I'm pretty sure you won't get a serious answer. Carry on!

(who wants to deal with checked baggage anyway?)
Old May 8, 2004, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dspringer28
Why?
I guess difference of opinion is what makes the world go around. I simply find the MD88 in F (specifically 4A) very comfortable. Most 757s are fine too but a few of the newer ones with the "better" seats end up giving you less room overall.
Old May 8, 2004, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller
Dedehans, I could have so many DL Dollars right now if I would want to get bumped, the problem is that I'd have to wait hours for the next flight and I just don't want to do that. I am never on the 4:30 pm flight, I usually can't get home until the 11pm or the horrid 1:00am RJ flight.

Aah, traveller, you have my sympathy........on those late pm flights the worst thing that can happen is DL puts you up in one of those Draconian hotels at ATL. There are not enough DL dollars out there to tempt me to do this. I will buckle up in the sausage (RJ) at whatever time they can get me home that night.

I can call myself lucky in that I am usually coming off of international and the 4:15 or 4:30 usually is the final leg....
Old May 8, 2004, 5:35 pm

MD88s have 38 fewer seats than the 757....we in MLB need more seats! We have 3 MD 88s per day in here and if we had 3 757's we would have 114 more seats each way.....

Of course Traveller would agree with me that all the CRJs should be replaced with bigger planes. This fast growing part of Florida fills every last seat on every plane in and out of MLB and there is no end to the offers of Delta dollars for bump volunteers ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.