Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Canarsie
This discussion is unique on FlyerTalk in that it allows members who visit the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum to publicly comment on the decisions and actions of its moderators even though Rule 18 on FlyerTalk specifically prohibits doing this:

Discussion Of Moderator Actions

Moderators value your private views and feedback related to their actions and duties. You may submit appropriate feedback to moderators by private message or e-mail. Do not post comments about moderator decisions or actions, or about the work of moderators, unless a moderator has invited members to post feedback in a particular thread.

Any concerns about the actions of a moderator should be directed exclusively and privately to the [email protected].
The moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles have learned a lot from your input through this discussion; and it has also served to resolve issues over the years often in a humorous manner.

Despite the existence of this discussion, the moderators of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles still request that you first address any questions or concerns pertaining to the decisions and actions of the moderators via private communications before posting them publicly, as most issues can usually be resolved this way. Please use this discussion sparingly and only when necessary.

Thank you.

Regards,

Canarsie, obscure2k and ryandc99
Co-moderators, Delta Air Lines SkyMiles forum
Print Wikipost

Moderators Guilty of Premature Evacuation

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2003, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Talking about smoked fish, Panera Bread Company ( I think it is national) has a very nice "reduced fat" smoked salmon (can you say LOX?) spread.

I just wish their bagels were better!
Old Aug 24, 2003, 10:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
You knew SOMEBODY would eventually bump this recently unlocked thread !
I did it primarily to celebrate my smoked fish sampler plate at the world class SEA Waterfront Marriott last night. I had a combination of smoked Copper River salmon, smoked Idaho trout and smoked Alaskan halibut. Exquisite! Washed it all down with a spectacular Pinot Gris from Mendicino County.
Trying to think of a way to tie this into DL.....although that has rarely been a requirement in this thread. Although I flew ONT/SEA/ONT on WN, I do seem to remember seeing a DL jet at an adjacent gate.
Old May 11, 2004, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Moderators of the Delta Forum, Relax...

...by request, I thought I would share this song parody with the rest of the FlyerTalk members of the Delta forum.

Enjoy!
Old Jun 24, 2004, 5:02 pm

I thought for a moment about how quiet the Delta forum has been for quite some time now.

The moderators certainly are criticized when threads go awry, but they virtually never hear from us when the Delta forum operates smoothly.

I simply want to take this opportunity to thank the moderators for doing an outstanding job.

I believe that the Delta forum may very well be the best forum on all of FlyerTalk.

Thank you (in alphabetical order), bdschobel, gleff, obscure2k and Rssrsvp.

-------------------

I should have picked up some smoked fish while I was in New York yesterday, but I did not think about it until just now...
Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I thought for a moment about how quiet the Delta forum has been for quite some time now.

The moderators certainly are criticized when threads go awry, but they virtually never hear from us when the Delta forum operates smoothly.

I simply want to take this opportunity to thank the moderators for doing an outstanding job.

I believe that the Delta forum may very well be the best forum on all of FlyerTalk.

Thank you (in alphabetical order), bdschobel, gleff, obscure2k and Rssrsvp.

Canarsie, I've been following this forum religiously as per usual. And I had to wonder who bumped this infamous thread when I could think of little to b!tch about lately. And when I saw it was YOU who bumped it, I felt compelled to read your comments about gross moderator abuse.
I'm glad to say I agree 100% with your sentiments in the above quote. We have a great group of people in this forum...moderators, regular posters, occasional posters, new posters and Traveller and Dovster who can't really be categorized....
We have our fun in this forum....some would perhaps claim we occasionally have waaaay too much fun....but I think we cover what's important to FT'ers....maximizing miles and points....and mix it up with a few 's along the way.
I can think of a few moderators in other forums who would choose to quell our nonsense but I believe the whole mix works and I too thank the mod's for their patience, sense of humor and camaraderie.
Old Jun 24, 2004, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)

Last edited by Traveller; Sep 10, 2005 at 6:28 pm Reason: off topic
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:13 pm

The funny thing is that I thought that, of the Delta forum moderators, I would have met obscure2k first.

Instead, I have met bdschobel first, then I met Rssrsvp.

I still have not personally met obscure2k or gleff yet...
Old Jun 24, 2004, 10:38 pm

The funny thing is that I thought that, of the Delta forum moderators, I would have met obscure2k first.

Instead, I have met bdschobel first, then I met Rssrsvp.

I still have not personally met obscure2k or gleff yet...
I've met the delightful obscure2K on several occasions and can promise you will be impressed with her and Dr. O2K if you make the Great VCE Meet. And, of course, we both met bdschobel and were mucho impressed with him at the Great PBI/FLL Meet. ( How come every DL Meet is the Great something... )
You're one up on me with Rssrsvp who I've yet to meet. That leaves gleff. Can anybody vouch that he lives and breathes....
Old Jun 25, 2004, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cholula
( How come every DL Meet is the Great something... )
The answer is quite simple, it is an "enhancement" brought to you by SSM.

You're one up on me with Rssrsvp who I've yet to meet. That leaves gleff. Can anybody vouch that he lives and breathes....
Cholula, who says that I would want to meet you when I already have your sauce?

I can vouch for gleff, as I have had the pleasure of meeting him at this year's Freddies. IMHO, he should receive a Freddie award as the most diplomatic moderator on FT. ^
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:52 pm

I could always go for a hot, fresh bialy from Brooklyn, Bruce, but I digress...

I almost hate to open this whole can of worms again......but I didn't know any other way to announce that I had my first bialy today!! Plus some of the newbies on this board may get a kick out of this old thread.
I had never heard of bialys until this thread and have traveled through all 50 states and many foreign countries w/o encountering one. And I've visited my share of NY deli's over the years.
I stopped in a deli for breakfast this morning in PHX and with my Kosher corned beef hash and eggs, the waitress asked if I'd like a bagel or bialy.
I, of course, ordered the bialy and I have to admit it was excellent. It seemed to be a combination of a bagel and an English Muffin and incorporating the best flavors and textures of both.
Very impressed! Now I'm on a quest for the best bialy....
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)

Last edited by Traveller; Sep 10, 2005 at 6:28 pm Reason: off topic
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I stopped in a deli for breakfast this morning in PHX and with my Kosher corned beef hash and eggs, the waitress asked if I'd like a bagel or bialy.
I, of course, ordered the bialy and I have to admit it was excellent. It seemed to be a combination of a bagel and an English Muffin and incorporating the best flavors and textures of both.
Very impressed! Now I'm on a quest for the best bialy....
Of course, a bialy in PHX couldn't possibly be anywhere near the best bialy ...
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by vasantn
Of course, a bialy in PHX couldn't possibly be anywhere near the best bialy ...
Well it was my one and only bialy so I have yet to find one to top it.....
Old Jun 13, 2005, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Traveller
You are right, I love this thread.
I also love this thread. Hope it has been unlocked. If so, thanks for listening, Randy.
Old Jun 14, 2005, 3:30 am

Programs: DL GM, US PP
New to "FT"

Just a "Thank You" to all Moderators & Posters on FT...I am newly retired and starting totravel as an avocation....reading FT forums is a daily joy and educational process...this thread is a "hoot"....I will not be posting so much as my "Clever Quotient" doesn't come up to the level of the great discourse on these pages...but...I will "lurk" off scene enjoying and learning from each of your experiences. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.