Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ss278
First, never connect through CDG. It is a nightmare. If you absolutely have to, give yourself two hours. 1-½ is doable if you don’t mind a racing heart.
Secondly, never connect through CDG. The airport (not airline) staff is rude and not at all helpful. I have too many rotten stories about CDG.
Since your trip is a ways out see if there are options through AMS. A great airport IMHO.
This was 10 years ago, probably 7 years ago, but in the last 4 years or so, connections have been easy/streamlined as long as you are connecting in a single itinerary. I was based in CDG until 2017 but also connected through it frequently, 1 hour was enough to connect from Schengen to US and vv. Trips originated in CDG were the ones that suddenly became a nightmare.
gooselee likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 12:56 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by SDQBound
This was 10 years ago, probably 7 years ago, but in the last 4 years or so, connections have been easy/streamlined as long as you are connecting in a single itinerary. I was based in CDG until 2017 but also connected through it frequently, 1 hour was enough to connect from Schengen to US and vv. Trips originated in CDG were the ones that suddenly became a nightmare.
i agree, especially with Acess No1. I prefer CDG over AMS for connections. In the few years pre-covid, I had far more immigration backups at AMS than CDG
Old Feb 23, 2021, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ldonnelly
Hi, I'm also piggybacking off this. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to revive two year old threads, but here goes:

I'm booked on BUD-CDG-ATL-STL in January 2022. Yeah, I know, this itinerary will probably change 657 times (if I fly it at all), but I still have questions.

First leg is on Air France, second two are on Delta. I have 1h10m in CDG to transfer. Is this doable? What piers will I be arriving from/departing out of? Will there be any screenings or checkpoints going from Schengen Area Europe to international?

I'm in Eurobiz on AF and Delta One on DL, if it helps.
Yes, 1h10 is totally doable. You will arrive in 2F and will have to go to 2E, either concourse K, L or M. You will have to gonthrough passport control, as CDG will be the point of exit of Schengen area. But you won't have to go through security.

Originally Posted by ss278
First, never connect through CDG. It is a nightmare. If you absolutely have to, give yourself two hours. 1-½ is doable if you don’t mind a racing heart.
Secondly, never connect through CDG. The airport (not airline) staff is rude and not at all helpful. I have too many rotten stories about CDG.
Since your trip is a ways out see if there are options through AMS. A great airport IMHO.
It should be time to stop to tell that kind of horror stories that were may be true 15 years ago but that are totally wrong now. Connecting in CDG intra-Skyteam is very easy for many years now.
gooselee, Zorak and ldonnelly like this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Goldorak
It should be time to stop to tell that kind of horror stories that were may be true 15 years ago but that are totally wrong now. Connecting in CDG intra-Skyteam is very easy for many years now.
+100.

Everyone has their preferences, but I far prefer connections in CDG over AMS and have for the past several years. OP is on a single SkyTeam itinerary, will have Acess No. 1, and CDG is not really that hard to navigate with good signage and relatively efficient checkpoints. I've made Schengen>US transfer there in less than an hour with no issues. While 70 mins doesn't allow time for a leisurely lounge stop, I'm personally quite comfortable with 75-90 min connections there.

OTOH, the last time I had a 2.5 hr DL>KL connection in AMS, I nearly missed my onward flight because of how backed up and disorganized immigration was, plus the obscenely long walks from gate>immigration>gate.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Southwest A-List
Yes, 1h10 is totally doable. You will arrive in 2F and will have to go to 2E, either concourse K, L or M. You will have to gonthrough passport control, as CDG will be the point of exit of Schengen area. But you won't have to go through security.
Thanks. So there is an airside connection between 2F and 2E?
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by ldonnelly
Thanks. So there is an airside connection between 2F and 2E?
Yes, there is.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
While I generally agree, there were a couple of times as recently as 2019 where I had to run for my flight connecting Schengen (2F) to US (2E-M) (~2 hours scheduled connection) because there were maybe 2 officers checking passports at the border, resulting in almost an hour wait. I distinctly remember running through 2E-M at one point while the terminal lights were being turned off. (Made the flight with only a couple of minutes to spare.)
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:29 pm

Arriving at Paris CDG from US?

Dear All,

I will be traveling on Delta from JFK-CDG, does anyone know if US arrivals in CDG disembark on a airside / aka clean level, or do you have to clear security somewhere in 2E?

For example, if Delta flight arrives in terminal 2E - Hall M and I have a connecting flight from Hall M or L, do you need to go through security somewhere in 2E main building and then walk back to L or M?

I usually fly on LH/OS/LX via MUC/ZRH/VIE and in those airports US arrivals are treated as pre-screened and disembark straight into departures / clean levels. Although it is kind of airport specific, a sit is not always the case in FRA.

Thanks!
Lukas
Old Mar 30, 2022, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
You have to clear Passport Control and security if I recall correctly from my last RDU - CDG - Europe (Schengen) trip.

Non-Schengen connection I believe you do security only but I haven't done a non-Schengen connection at CDG since 2018

CDG connection thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/58605-minimum-connection-transfer-time-paris-cdg-definitive-thread-47.html
Old Mar 30, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by LukasNied
Dear All,

I will be traveling on Delta from JFK-CDG, does anyone know if US arrivals in CDG disembark on a airside / aka clean level, or do you have to clear security somewhere in 2E?

For example, if Delta flight arrives in terminal 2E - Hall M and I have a connecting flight from Hall M or L, do you need to go through security somewhere in 2E main building and then walk back to L or M?

I usually fly on LH/OS/LX via MUC/ZRH/VIE and in those airports US arrivals are treated as pre-screened and disembark straight into departures / clean levels. Although it is kind of airport specific, a sit is not always the case in FRA.

Thanks!
Lukas
I just wrapped up two trips through CDG from the US. One to CAI and one to RAK. Basically, when you arrive you are funneled through a non-secure channel and have to re-clear security. So, I arrived from IAD at CDG 2E-M, then had to take the train to 2E-K where my next flight departure was. To get into 2E-K, I had to go through the K hall security. I did not have to go through passport control because I was non-Schengen transit.

I hope that helps!
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:04 pm

When flight arrive in CDG from the US are the passengers treated as clean for security, or US arrivals/transfers have to clear security? In some airport like VIE, ZRH all US are treated as cleared and disembark on departures level. Is that maybe the case at CDG?

Does any one know if there are security checks at Hall M - if my US (Delta) flight arrives at M and I have a connecting flight in M can I clear security there?
Old Mar 30, 2022, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
The answer is the same as your post here.

Arriving at Paris CDG from US?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 12:48 am

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Agree with the last two. All connections FROM the US have to recreate security. If you are connecting back TO the US from most European countries then there is no security.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
CDG is only setup to allow "clean" transfers from Schengen countries. Any other will require reclearing security.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:35 am

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
CDG is only setup to allow "clean" transfers from Schengen countries. Any other will require reclearing security.
I believe this only works from F to K. If you have to hop on the tram over to Hall L or M, you always have to reclear security.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.