Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2023, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You said it's 1:20 to 1:10

Saturday afternoon should be fine for passport control, and as you are in J, you have access to the fast track (SkyP) lane. You can definitely take a chance with the short option.
Thanks! (your post said 1:15 :>)
Old Aug 28, 2023, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
If I misconnect in CDG, and the flight is late, say by 10 minutes, does EU261 come into play? What if it's a half hour? All on one AF ticket, assume I'll arrive 3+ hours late.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Delta Platinum, ST Elite+
Originally Posted by beachfan
I was going to take a chance (4 hours is a long layover), now having second thoughts.
I have to connect in this god forsaken airport several times a year and I welcome a 4 hour layover! It means I don't have to feel crazy, act crazy, or deal with everyone else who feels crazy. I can move at a normal speed, chill in a lounge, and decompress before venturing back into the madness at the gate. I just had a flight change that reduced my upcoming connection from 3 hours to 2 hours, 15 minutes and I nearly hyperventilated.

You CAN do these quick commutes and I have before, but it sucks. Much suckage.
GWFan, hhdl and Snowcat like this.
Old Aug 29, 2023, 10:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cemlaw
I have to connect in this god forsaken airport several times a year and I welcome a 4 hour layover! It means I don't have to feel crazy, act crazy, or deal with everyone else who feels crazy. I can move at a normal speed, chill in a lounge, and decompress before venturing back into the madness at the gate. I just had a flight change that reduced my upcoming connection from 3 hours to 2 hours, 15 minutes and I nearly hyperventilated.

You CAN do these quick commutes and I have before, but it sucks. Much suckage.
With that said what are our chances of making our DTW-CDG-ATH connection with 60 minutes at CDG? A 0-1% chance!!!
Old Aug 29, 2023, 11:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by zdcatc12
With that said what are our chances of making our DTW-CDG-ATH connection with 60 minutes at CDG? A 0-1% chance!!!
Hundreds of pax are making such connections every day in CDG, without issues.
zdcatc12, FabCW and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 1:05 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by hhdl
The gates on the west side of Hall L have access to a second arrival corridor: instead of going to the main L arrival corridor, you go up steps in the tower into a corridor. This corridor empties into the L end of the 2F <-> L connector, north of the roads. Go towards 2F and you enter Schengen at the end of the corridor and then you're on the departure level of 2F. I believe there are steps the other way to Hall L's departure level.
Has this perhaps been made available to the gates on the east side as well? I believe we arrived L42 or L44 (AF55 IAD-CDG departing 29 Aug), went up an escalator, then it felt like we walked down to the end of L, doubled back along L again, then the F connector. No security screening, but eGate with a US passport.

Or am I confusing different things...
hhdl likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 10:23 am

including their checked luggage?
zmb and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
including their checked luggage?
Do you really believe airlines are selling legal connections over years and years if majority of people miss their flights and/or luggages do not make it, knowing the cost of this ?
obscure2k and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton and Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Delta Plat, United Silver, Hertz PC
Ok, thanks!!! The post that I responded to made it seem like that would be nearly impossible. I changed there once with 75 minutes, but that was NCE-CDG-ATL and I didn't know if going the other way, i.e. into the EU instead of leaving, was going to be more difficult.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 4:18 pm

Ok, thanks!!! The post that I responded to made it seem like that would be nearly impossible. I changed there once with 75 minutes, but that was NCE-CDG-ATL and I didn't know if going the other way, i.e. into the EU instead of leaving, was going to be more difficult.
I do this exact transfer multiple times per year and often in 20-30 minutes. The only spot that can create delays is passport control between 2F and 2E. But overall, it’s a fairly easy transfer. Just follow the signs. Despite its bad reputation, CDG is not that difficult to navigate.
zdcatc12 and hhdl like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
There are 9 flights a day from CDG-NCE, so lots of opportunities for recovery if you misconnect. From this standpoint, ATL>CDG>NCE is less risky than NCE>CDG>ATL Imore generally US>CDG>EU is easier than EU>CDG>US). But either way you should be fine with that connection time.

A 75 minute transfer at AMS though, now that's a recipe for disaster.
zdcatc12 and GWFan like this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by FabCW
I do this exact transfer multiple times per year and often in 20-30 minutes. The only spot that can create delays is passport control between 2F and 2E. But overall, it’s a fairly easy transfer. Just follow the signs. Despite its bad reputation, CDG is not that difficult to navigate.
Originally Posted by 18sas
There are 9 flights a day from CDG-NCE, so lots of opportunities for recovery if you misconnect. From this standpoint, ATL>CDG>NCE is less risky than NCE>CDG>ATL Imore generally US>CDG>EU is easier than EU>CDG>US). But either way you should be fine with that connection time.

A 75 minute transfer at AMS though, now that's a recipe for disaster.
Thanks for the info. No more worries.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 1:13 pm

Do you really believe airlines are selling legal connections over years and years if majority of people miss their flights and/or luggages do not make it, knowing the cost of this ?
no, not majority, but maybe 10-20% on short connections. For my personal experience, bags made it with me 3 of 4 CDG transfers.

thanks for the advice, I’m not usually a nervous Nellie.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 4:22 am

2E to 2F is a very easy connection. Just follow the signs to 2F. 1h15 is enough. If you misconnect, you'll be rebooked on the next available flights and there are several per day to FCO.
my original tatl was do late (3 hours) that I had 1:15 on the rebooked flight (via app). And it was easy.

arrived 2 hours 50 minutes late, just missed the compensation cutoff.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 3:39 am

Jfk-cdg-nice 1 hour stopover?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.