Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air France, KLM, and Other Partners | Flying Blue > Air France Frequence Plus
Reload this Page >

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Paris (CDG): The Definitive Thread

Old Oct 27, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: UA, DL
I see a lot of US->CDG transfer posts, but how about the reverse, EU->US via CDG? I am flying BCN-CDG-LAX, 1hr connection time in CDG. BCN-CDG is AF, CDG-LAX is DL. Single PNR, sold by DL. I'm told the customs exit was be the big hold-up. Should I try and myself moved to the earlier BCN-CDG flight, that allows 3 hrs. I'm unsure of Delta/Air France same-day change fees.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Hoser1138
I see a lot of US->CDG transfer posts, but how about the reverse, EU->US via CDG? I am flying BCN-CDG-LAX, 1hr connection time in CDG. BCN-CDG is AF, CDG-LAX is DL. Single PNR, sold by DL. I'm told the customs exit was be the big hold-up. Should I try and myself moved to the earlier BCN-CDG flight, that allows 3 hrs. I'm unsure of Delta/Air France same-day change fees.
This is perfectly doable in 1hr.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Goldorak
This is perfectly doable in 1hr.
I agree it's doable in an hour, but I personally would go for the 3 hour connection, especially if you've never connected in CDG before. If the CDG-LAX flight goes out of the L or M concourse of terminal 2E, you'll have to take a bus and it could get quite tight.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
1 hr 20 min connection ?

I feel slightly concerned (and stupid, cause I should have booked the earlier flight from AGP !) about the following itin:

AGP-CDG on UX arrive12:00 pm
CDG-JFK on AF depart 1:20 pm
connection time 1:20 min on paper
single PNR sold by DL, but no changes allowed without fees I'm told.

I happen to connect several times a year at CDG and find Immigration can be hit & miss, even with an EU APC-kiosk - which makes it unnecessarily stressful when "miss".
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Travelomania
I feel slightly concerned (and stupid, cause I should have booked the earlier flight from AGP !) about the following itin:

I happen to connect several times a year at CDG and find Immigration can be hit & miss, even with an EU APC-kiosk - which makes it unnecessarily stressful when "miss".
Very straight forward connection. No security check, only passport control at the 2F-2E Corridor. If flight departs from Concourse M, a quick bus transfer will be required.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Travelomania

Originally Posted by SDQBound
Very straight forward connection. No security check, only passport control at the 2F-2E Corridor. If flight departs from Concourse M, a quick bus transfer will be required.
Indeed, should be no problem. And worst case scenario if you miss the connection: there are several other AF flights to JFK after yours so they will rebook you on one of those.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
CDG international connection times

Doing a CVG-CDG-MUC trip next week on DL-AF. Is 2.5 hours enough time to get through customs and back through security on at Saturday morning? The last time I went through a few days after the Charlie Hebdo attack it was an 'effin nightmare trying to get through quickly so my benchmark isn't calibrated right.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Yes that should be plenty of time. I've gone through with less coming off RDU - CDG and don't recall any issues (and you can access to SkyPriority lanes throughout process as DL GM) -- in fact I think I've always had plenty of time to make it to the lounges.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Awesome, thank you. I used to know this like the back of my hand.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by photojojo
Doing a CVG-CDG-MUC trip next week on DL-AF. Is 2.5 hours enough time to get through customs and back through security on at Saturday morning? The last time I went through a few days after the Charlie Hebdo attack it was an 'effin nightmare trying to get through quickly so my benchmark isn't calibrated right.
Yes, thats enough time. You wont go through customs, just immigration/passport control and security.
Old Jan 2, 2020, 5:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME CDG's exit passport control (as SkyPriority on a USA passport, so that I cannot use the automated gates) is much faster when I have a connection EU-CDG-USA compared to when I originate at CDG. Be sure to follow the transit signs and not the arrival signs.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
My wife and I have an SLC > CDG > BCN trip scheduled for May. We are scheduled to arrive at CDG at 11:15 and depart on the second flight at 12:40. Today I went into My Trips to look at the itinerary for this trip, and it is now showing the warning "Your itinerary has been updated, but it may cause you to miss at least one connecting flight during your trip". The only change from the original itinerary is that we now leave SLC 4 minutes earlier. I'm confused about why they're showing me this warning when the connection time hasn't changed from what it was originally. Have they recently changed the expected connection time at CDG? Delta's site still lists this pair of flights as a valid itinerary. My main question is whether we should be concerned about having 1 hour and 25 minutes to make this connection. We will be in Delta One for the first flight, so we're seated near the front, and we can walk briskly through an airport.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bradvoy
My wife and I have an SLC > CDG > BCN trip scheduled for May. We are scheduled to arrive at CDG at 11:15 and depart on the second flight at 12:40. Today I went into My Trips to look at the itinerary for this trip, and it is now showing the warning "Your itinerary has been updated, but it may cause you to miss at least one connecting flight during your trip". The only change from the original itinerary is that we now leave SLC 4 minutes earlier. I'm confused about why they're showing me this warning when the connection time hasn't changed from what it was originally. Have they recently changed the expected connection time at CDG? Delta's site still lists this pair of flights as a valid itinerary. My main question is whether we should be concerned about having 1 hour and 25 minutes to make this connection. We will be in Delta One for the first flight, so we're seated near the front, and we can walk briskly through an airport.
No worries. It's just a standard message. But agreed that it is weird. 1hr25 is more than enough time for this connection.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 8:08 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Originally Posted by Goldorak
... 1hr25 is more than enough time for this connection.
I thought that was the case, but it's been a couple of years since I last had a connection at CDG and I wondered if things might have changed. Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:25 am

I had a 1h, 20m connection at CDG about 10 days ago. SEA-CDG-PRG. I had more than enough time to exit the plane, go through security (had to go through mini-security to get to passport control), go through passport control and go through security again to get to my gate. Unlike in the past CDG is super efficient (and I guess also the load was lite due to people not traveling much now). It used to be that if your connection was less than 2 hours you needed to hire a concierge service to whisk you through, but they've improved so much.

(I should add that it was snowing when we landed, and we had to be bussed to the terminal, which added a bit of time)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.