Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SkyBonus Incentive Program for Small Businesses

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Are there fare class restrictions for earning skybonus points? My business is fairly new to the program and I just checked the statement. About half of the flights taken since joining show up on the list but with zero points earned.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
You earn on any fare that would normally earn skymiles... so award tickets and pay with miles wouldn't earn.

If there was a change made to the ticket, you have to manually enter the new ticket number or else it won't get tracked.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:17 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by rylan
You earn on any fare that would normally earn skymiles... so award tickets and pay with miles wouldn't earn.

If there was a change made to the ticket, you have to manually enter the new ticket number or else it won't get tracked.
There was a change on the ticket, so that was the problem. Thanks!
Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I know that I should keep better track of the account but that would suck up so much time that I don't bother.

It still came thru for me with flying colors.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GatorBlues
There was a change on the ticket, so that was the problem. Thanks!
Yeah, its a big pain to track ticket changes especially when you're talking about multiple other people. You'd think the system would carry over the skybonus number to the new ticket... but no, this is Delta IT we're talking about here.

Note that for *any* reissue where you get a new 006, you have to go and re-enter the new ticket number into the skybonus website.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:21 pm

Do you earn skybonus if you buy your ticket using an evoucher earned from VDBs? I haven't earned credit for a flight and that's the only thing I can think of.
edit: I resubmitted. Wondering if they reissued my ticket with a different number due to a weather cancellation.

Last edited by stils; Mar 6, 2013 at 12:35 pm
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, vouchers from VDB or from leftover ecredit from another flight earn credit.

Yes if you had a cxl due to weather then your ticket was reissued and you'll need that new 006 number from the boarding pass.
Old Mar 6, 2013, 1:25 pm

Yes, vouchers from VDB or from leftover ecredit from another flight earn credit.

Yes if you had a cxl due to weather then your ticket was reissued and you'll need that new 006 number from the boarding pass.
Thank you!
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I'm just now getting a new small biz off the ground, and have no idea why I didn't register for SkyBonus before now. Are there any signup bonuses out there currently? I'd like to get an account going as my travel picks up for spring/summer, but with the 25k-30k (and even just 10k) bonuses floating around last year, seems dumb to just start at zero.

On the flip side, seems like a waste for these next few flights to not earn points...
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Executive
When you sign up they have a SkyBonus course you take that gives you 10K points (or maybe 25K points) - can't remember, but it's worth it.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DelanoJoe
When you sign up they have a SkyBonus course you take that gives you 10K points (or maybe 25K points) - can't remember, but it's worth it.
Interesting. This is even if you sign up with no promo code at all?

I was on DL.com and saw the SB promo scroll through, which is what reminded me of the whole thing. When I clicked through that, it populated in a promo code DLDCTR12, but I assume that was just to track the clickthrough.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 4:45 am

Programs: AA Gold MM, DL Gold, US MM, HH Gold, Starwood

I had a one day delay from a wx cnx and it posted to my account automatically.

Cheers
Old Apr 6, 2013, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by DelanoJoe
The four courses (SkyBonus University) give 500 points each.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by gooselee
I'm just now getting a new small biz off the ground, and have no idea why I didn't register for SkyBonus before now. Are there any signup bonuses out there currently? I'd like to get an account going as my travel picks up for spring/summer, but with the 25k-30k (and even just 10k) bonuses floating around last year, seems dumb to just start at zero.

On the flip side, seems like a waste for these next few flights to not earn points...
In early 2011, I found and posted this thread. Then updated in early 2012 because the exact same promo renewed with the year change reflected in the promo code. Haven't heard/checked if it has done so again for 2013. If you can't find anything else to try, give it a shot and report back, please!
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Skymiles, Marriott, Priority Club, SPG, Amtrak, Hertz
Quick question about accruals: do I earn points just on my base fare, or on the price of the entire ticket (base fare+taxes)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.