Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium

If you own a business, even a small one, you can sign up for Delta's SkyBonus program (business reward points on top of your personal ones) using promo code [EDIT: I made this post in Jan 2011 originally - the code for 2012 is SB2012NEW ] SB2011NEW to receive 25,000 SkyBonus points as a sign-up bonus. I saw this code being promoted via the IFE intro screen pre-flight. I'm not sure of the offer expiration date nor the exact terms - perhaps someone could read them while waiting for their next deparure and add them to this thread? This is enough for 2 x 10 (20) free beverage/headset coupons, with 5,000 points to spare. There's also a SkyBonus University promo that takes a few minutes to complete and is good for another 2,000 points. If you enter your SkyBonus account into your personal Delta profile, it's easy to earn roughly 1,000 points per discount-fare domestic flight, much more for more expensive fares. Work up to 28,000 points and you can get a free full-fare one-way domestic upgrade, and 30,000 points will get you four SkyClub one-day passes.

Of course, none of these redemptions are breaking the bank, but as the rewards are in addition to your regular SkyMiles earnings and may be applied to all of your friends/family/employees automatically each time they fly, it's worth the effort, especially using this promotion code to get you the drink chits right off the bat. You need not have a big company - even a mom and pop operation will suffice. Be creative!

More appealing redemptions are offered at higher point levels, including Silver Medallion status for 100,000 SkyBonus points. Note that a SkyBonus point is generally worth much less (roughly one-third) than a SkyMile. (Please refrain from the "SkyPesos" comments... we know, we know.)

Enjoy your freebie!

Last edited by mooper; Jan 6, 2012 at 12:51 am Reason: Updated promo code to reflect 2012 version.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 7:11 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Thanks Mooper. Mine is still building slowly but getting there as well. I wonder if I can do 2 companies.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Nice find, mooper!

From the FAQ:
What information do I need to enroll my company in SkyBonus?
  • Your company's legal name and address
  • Your company’s Federal Tax ID or VAT number
  • Name, phone number and email address for a primary administrator who will be responsible for maintaining the program on behalf of your company
  • The ARC/IATA number, email address and contact information of your preferred travel agency

Is that last one (your preferred travel agency) really a necessity?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffI
Thanks Mooper. Mine is still building slowly but getting there as well. I wonder if I can do 2 companies.
I don't see why not, though the only benefit I can think of would be the signup bonus points (or other promos). Would probably have a better shot with a different address, etc., but wouldn't rule out different company names with the same contact info working as long as the companies are legit.

Originally Posted by Middle_Seat
Nice find, mooper!

From the FAQ:
What information do I need to enroll my company in SkyBonus?
  • Your company's legal name and address
  • Your company’s Federal Tax ID or VAT number
  • Name, phone number and email address for a primary administrator who will be responsible for maintaining the program on behalf of your company
  • The ARC/IATA number, email address and contact information of your preferred travel agency

Is that last one (your preferred travel agency) really a necessity?
No, it is not. Also, I think (I'm not sure) you can use your social as your Federal Tax ID if your company is a small proprietorship or similar.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 9:40 pm

For those of you in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area with a flight before the end of February, this seems like a better deal:
http://variousthingslive.com/delta/

Small to medium-size companies based in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Pennsylvania are eligible to earn up to 1 Million bonus points when they enroll in the SkyBonus program and fly on Delta between now and Feb. 28, 2011.

Here are the details of this exciting bonus offer:

LEVEL REQUIREMENT REWARD
1 Enroll with promotional code SBCBNEW
and fly one round trip flight Earn 85,000 bonus points = 1 domestic award ticket
2 Spend $10,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 170,000 bonus points = 2 domestic award tickets
3 Spend $15,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 200,000 bonus points = 2 domestic award tickets
& 4 Delta Sky Club™ One-Day passes
4 Spend $20,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 255,000 bonus points = 3 domestic award tickets
5 Spend $30,000 or more on Delta flights Earn 290,000 bonus points = 3 domestic award tickets, 4 Delta Sky Club One-Day passes and more
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Thanks! Have never flown Delta, but this seems like a good offer.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Lifetime PL, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Great Info

I am new to FT and was pleased to find this offer on my first day.

I enrolled for my company without a hitch. FT is great. Only wish I had discovered it years ago!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oshelef
For those of you in the NY, NJ, CT, PA area with a flight before the end of February, this seems like a better deal:
http://variousthingslive.com/delta/
That's definitely the superior deal for anyone in those states. I might need to go incorporate there just to get the 1MIL bonus The one downside is that it requires ticket purchases (albeit only one for the first 85K bonus), while the SB2011NEW promo gives you the points just for signing up - making it a quick and free offer.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta, American, United, Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt
Delta's not the only one with small business programs

Mooper you are right on with the small business program. There are a couple of other airlines that offer them as well (American, Continental, United)... Here is a summary:

American Airlines Business ExtrAA
The Business ExtrAA program is a travel award and incentive program that allows you to lower your business travel costs by earning points for your company’s travel on American Airlines, American Eagle, and American Connection, which can then be redeemed for flights and other exciting awards. The program also allows you to manage all of your American Airlines business travel details online.
Whatever your business travel needs, this program offers more for your company, at no cost to you! Once you enroll in the program, your company will receive credit towards Business ExtrAA points every time one of your employees use your Business ExtrAA account number when they purchase qualifying tickets. Your employees will still earn their individual AAdvantage miles in addition to the Business ExtrAA Points your company can accrue!
Your company may redeem these Points for many uses. These awards may be given to clients, employees or friends. The Points may also be used to bring in a special speaker or consultant.
Need last-minute travel? The flexible AAnytime award is your best friend!
Choose from more than 50 award options, including international travel, First and Business Class travel, upgrades, Admirals Club memberships, Conference Room rentals and One-Day Passes; even AAdvantage Gold Status!
Register for Business ExtrAA Here….

Continental RewardOne
RewardOne is a FREE business program designed to reward companies for business travel on Continental Airlines. When your company’s registered employees choose Continental for business travel, your company will earn points in the RewardOne program. With everything from airline tickets to Presidents Club passes, RewardOne lets you choose the awards you’d like to earn and use any way you’d like – incentives, gifts, or company travel.
For every $1,000 spent for business travel*, your company will earn:
One point for travel to/from Cleveland, OH, Houston, TX, or Newark, NJ
Two points for travel to/from all other cities served by Continental
To qualify for enrollment into the RewardOne program, your company cannot:
be subject to a Corporate Travel Agreement with Continental
be a travel agency, wholesaler, consolidator or other reseller of travel
have less than five employees

Delta SkyBonus
SkyBonus is complimentary business travel rewards program designed specifically for small to midsized companies that fly Delta. SkyBonus turns your business travel budget into rewards by converting the dollars your company spends for travel on Delta Air Lines or one of our partners into
SkyBonus points.
Your company earns points for eligible travel purchased and flown after your enrollment date that can be redeemed for a wide variety of valuable travel awards: including tickets, First Class/Business Elite upgrades, Delta Sky Club memberships, Sky Club passes and more.
Companies that have negotiated discount fare agreements and travel agencies, wholesalers, consolidators and other sellers of travel are not eligible to participate in this program.

United PerksPlus
PerksPlus is a corporate program designed to reward small- and medium-sized companies that spend a minimum of $20,000 USD during a 12 month period on United, Lufthansa, and United Express.
As a participant, your company earns points that can be redeemed for valuable rewards for your employees’ business travels. It works in addition to United’s Mileage Plus program and Miles & More, the frequent flyer program of Lufthansa, allowing both individual travelers and companies to earn benefits.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:38 pm

thanks

My wife and I enrolled our companies and will probably get drink chits with one and save for lounge passes on other...two $300 RT tickets if classified business instead of leisure will be enough points to get them.

I did read in the last T&C :
"Participating companies that do not have Delta flown revenue greater than $5,000 USD or the equivalent in other currencies per calendar year may be de-enrolled from the Program. Any Program points accrued will be forfeited should minimum activity level not be reached."
, so if your saving for a bigger award better make sure you can do it in a year.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wise2u
My wife and I enrolled our companies and will probably get drink chits with one and save for lounge passes on other...two $300 RT tickets if classified business instead of leisure will be enough points to get them.
Don't forget to snag the 2K points for the SkyBonus University, and register for any current promos, too.

I did read in the last T&C :
"Participating companies that do not have Delta flown revenue greater than $5,000 USD or the equivalent in other currencies per calendar year may be de-enrolled from the Program. Any Program points accrued will be forfeited should minimum activity level not be reached."
, so if your saving for a bigger award better make sure you can do it in a year.
I fell under $5K for a couple of the years and was not removed, though this is no guarantee it won't happen later. Of course, if you're really just joining for the bonus points and what they can get you, then it wouldn't matter either way, as you'd have a year to bolster to whatever degree you can and redeem. Delta shouldn't care about people signing up for the bonus, as that's precisely why it's there... gives people the incentive to learn about the program and at least consider it for their employees, etc.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL PM
Two $300 RT tickets would probably not be YBM fares, which is what SkyBonus means by business. Those tickets would would earn you something in the area of 750 points each (assuming that about $50 of the fare is taxes).
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:35 am

I just enrolled, and used the promo, but my balance shows 0 points. Does it usually take a while for them to appear?

I am in the first 10 businesses in Korea to register! Thats alot of 0000's in my ID.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SirJman
I just enrolled, and used the promo, but my balance shows 0 points. Does it usually take a while for them to appear?

I am in the first 10 businesses in Korea to register! Thats alot of 0000's in my ID.
Which promo? If the million point one, then it will take at least one flight to earn any bonus points. The other promo I originally detailed probably won't post instantly, but I'm really not sure of the fine print (hence my earlier request for someone sitting on a flight to pay attention to the IFE screen when it lists the details, then transcribing them here).
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
My brother owns a small business. I assume he or I sign me up as one of his employees, so that he gets points for my trips - correct?

Would doing so affect my (the passenger's) ability to earn miles in my SM account?

Lastly, have others had luck opening a SkyBonus account for a personal business, which may exist in reality or only imagination (no Fed Tax ID #)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.