Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award Ticket Success - Post It Here

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by stdatwmu
Are you searching TPA-MXP or JFK-MXP + TPA-JFK? Sometimes you have to search in segments like that.

Also, if you can find the TPA-JFK segment only in coach, call DL ... they can book multi-cabin itineraries.
I have tried it every way to sunday. At thew 3o day mark I get one 100K ticket with a 5 hour layover in DTW and a 6 hour in CDG. This is just crazy. I will call tomorrow and hope I get through.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by jordantii
Thanks. There is BE availability just at very high miles. I am going to do another check on some other dates to see if it is specific to JFK or ATL out bounds.
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I had a hectic weekend and just arrived in Paris (in J for 100k of course ). It seems some of the other folks have been able to assist you with your search. Let me know if you still need anything.

Cheers^
Old Dec 21, 2009, 9:02 am

2 tix CLT-HNL and back, 40K each. Only one stop each way, MSP on the way there, DTW on the way back. Late September 2010. Thought that was a pretty good deal!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 11:27 am

Programs: GM, GHilton
Aloha!

2 FC tickets from MCO-HNL and 2 FC tickets from DAY-HNL - 75K each for Oct 2010 - 2 stops each - was hoping for NS from ATL or MSP. DL telling me I can't same day confirm to one of those 'cause 1 leg is on Alaska?
Old Dec 22, 2009, 1:24 pm

Programs: Delta - GM
Two Business Class MSP-VCE

Just scored two business class tickets MSP-VCE for low amount of 100,000 each. Now hopefully, I can get DTW-VCE to open up and then swap them out. (I actually had DTW-VCE but like an idiot didn't grab them and they went away -- along with apparently most AF flight TATL.)
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:27 pm

So I called SMS and I was able to get the flights I wanted, TPA-MXP for 100K. Then I decided to just purchase a coach ticket and get the miles. Thanks for all the help.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
i've had two pretty good domestic F successes.

1) Booked myself JFK-SEA-BOS for late dec (current Itin) for 45K.The JFK-SEA and back are the 'premium transcons' whichhappen to be my favorite flights. Oddly enough, adding BOS ti the equation dropped the price in miles. a simple JFK-SEA rt was running at 80k. I booked about 15 days in advance

2) JFK-SFO for a Silver companion, a nice $280 MR for me The award was booked on the JFK-SFO non-stop Friday night, return Sunday morning SFO-MSP-JFK, at 45k as well. The final piece, JFK was intentional as an SDC to the afternoon flight was in the plan. The SDC did no work online but the ticket agent at SFO made magic happen. Next thing you know, we are both in 4c and d on the desired flight (I was booked on it all along). This whole thing was booked on Thursday, for a Friday departure. Nonstop roundtrip was also running at 80k

in other news, i shall try denolloyd's segment by segment approach for TATL J. I cannot seem to find any sofia inventory!
Old Dec 22, 2009, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Cannot remember if I reported this, but last month booked this for next summer:

JAX-ATL-JNB-ATL-JAX 120K in J. Yea, twas a good one!

Last edited by DLATL777; Dec 22, 2009 at 7:38 pm
Old Dec 22, 2009, 9:41 pm

I'm findng low milage first/business award seats on nwa.com and then use the multi-city choice on delta.com to select all the various flights with first/business checked but when I select the itinerary, suddenly all the seats change to coach! and delta.com offers the helpful note: "For the same or less mileage, some flights on your itinerary were rebooked in first/business".
What's up?
Old Dec 25, 2009, 7:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold, VS Gold
Three tix: BOS - ATL - MGA - Late December - early January return in BIZ - 60,000 / $66 tax each.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 8:06 pm

J

JFK-DEL/BOM-JFK via CDG on AF metal in Biz for 120K plus 200USD in taxes for mid-Feb. I really miss the DL's 777 flatbeds to BOM
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:49 pm

MCI-MSP-LHR
AMS-CDG-DUB
DUB-ATL-MCI

First and Business the whole way for 100k + $125 in tax
Went to look to see the cost of a second ticket hours later and they want over 250k.

I'm curious though, I had them hold my itinerary before I redeemed the miles, had an e-mail saying it would be 95k miles. When I went to pay with miles they dropped the DUB-ATL-MCI to coach, I had to spend about 2 hours on the phone for them to fix it, they wanted 250k for first/biz the whole way, but finally gave it to me for 100k. Should I try to get credit for the 5k in miles? I do have an e-mail confirming that they were holding it for 95k.

Regardless I'm completely shocked I got a stopover and open jaw business class to europe for 100k!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by stewart24
I'm findng low milage first/business award seats on nwa.com and then use the multi-city choice on delta.com to select all the various flights with first/business checked but when I select the itinerary, suddenly all the seats change to coach! and delta.com offers the helpful note: "For the same or less mileage, some flights on your itinerary were rebooked in first/business".
What's up?

This happened to me using the multi-city on delta.com. It's is a huge pain, there was a thing where you could select a leg of your journey to change instead of having to backtrack.

Be very careful when you book, even when you get to the screen that tells you what to total cost in miles will be, put a hold on the itinerary so they send you an e-mail that shows proof. I went to book it after finding a good price in miles and right before I hit accept it changed the last leg to coach. When I went to rebook they wanted twice as many miles. I had to call to have it fixed, major pain!
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:02 pm

As a gold with a wife without status I did not want to risk sitting in coach ATL-LAX so I used miles to upgrade about 30 days out without an issue. A friend without status was unable to upgrade CVG-LAX on that same date. Guess I got lucky.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 10:19 pm

LAX/IST RT via CDG - AF in C - 2 tix 100K ea

Took some doing, and watching award availability like a hawk for several weeks, but suddenly AF opened up many award seats in May/June 2010. Staying a couple of days in Paris on the way out (by choice), and have a good 2 hr connection in Paris on the way back.

100K miles + $201 for each tix.

This would be impossible if flying DL metal. I started watching their award availability calendar from the day they were showing dates for May 2010, and never found awards for 100K to IST.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.