Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
QUOTE [MSPeconomist Aren't you risking your UK residency privileges by consuming Bourbon rather than Scotch or Irish whiskey in London?]QUOTE

No problem for me - I drink Bourbon in the USA and the UK. I can thus not loose citizenship of the UK
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
I honestly think the only thing the UK really cares about is us paying our UK Taxes.
My wife used to work for the UK HealthCare Endoscopy Center. More than most people at the University of Kentucky they seemed to care a lot about the comings and goings in people's lives. It seems like they were the butt of a lot of jokes though.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Howste
My wife used to work for the UK HealthCare Endoscopy Center. More than most people at the University of Kentucky they seemed to care a lot about the comings and goings in people's lives. It seems like they were the butt of a lot of jokes though.
LOL
Old Mar 1, 2018, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA
Delta Upgrade Question

I previously have exclusively flown with United but this year have switched and will be trying Delta. I only have Silver Medallion Status but I am interested in learned from more experienced Delta flyers how the "upgrade" process works. My first flight is next week. One leg of my RT is booked in C+ and one in regular Y. Upon booking there was the part that I had the choice to Opt-In for an upgrade to C+ and to First..... How does this process actually work? can you choose to only upgrade to First from Y if you have an exit row etc?....

Thanks in advance.

-F4G
Old Mar 1, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
So the DC area is getting 60-70mph winds tomorrow.

Might as well close the airports. DCA definitely isn't happening.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by WWads
So the DC area is getting 60-70mph winds tomorrow.

Might as well close the airports. DCA definitely isn't happening.
The winds near MDT are horrible. It is also snowing.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's pretty warm this week near MSP, but not sunny today.

I just walked past a small job fair event and I'm laughing at the scene: They had banners hanging down from a high ceiling for each participating company (with logos and lettering for Target, Amazon, etc.) and those banners were all in the shape of ARROWS POINTING DOWN. (It wouldn't give a potential recruit an optimistic preview of things to come.) Funny.

If DL had been represented, I would have taken a picture to post here. I wonder whether the widget would have been pointing up on the down arrow.

Last edited by Canarsie; Mar 2, 2018 at 2:16 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Mar 3, 2018, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It's pretty warm this week near MSP, but not sunny today.

I just walked past a small job fair event and I'm laughing at the scene: They had banners hanging down from a high ceiling for each participating company (with logos and lettering for Target, Amazon, etc.) and those banners were all in the shape of ARROWS POINTING DOWN. (It wouldn't give a potential recruit an optimistic preview of things to come.) Funny.

If DL had been represented, I would have taken a picture to post here. I wonder whether the widget would have been pointing up on the down arrow.
LOL
Old Mar 3, 2018, 10:45 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Unhappy

*walks into lounge with head down and walks straight to the bar* I am not sure if I am here because I feel I need to confess a sin or I need moral support. Either way I am feeling traumatized. Long story short I am moving to Texas (that part is good) and that means no more MSP and accepting DFW as home. I had hoped and still hope that I can stick with DL (at least short term since I have an amex and a sky club membership) but my first trip is to Houston and DL doesn't go there from DFW (wouldnt even ticket with connections). So I *gulp* signed up for a FF number on that other airline and booked my ticket. NOOOOOO! That is Dougie Parker's airline. I fought the Keep Delta My Delta battle. I can't go over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 3, 2018, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Lehava
*walks into lounge with head down and walks straight to the bar* I am not sure if I am here because I feel I need to confess a sin or I need moral support. Either way I am feeling traumatized. Long story short I am moving to Texas (that part is good) and that means no more MSP and accepting DFW as home. I had hoped and still hope that I can stick with DL (at least short term since I have an amex and a sky club membership) but my first trip is to Houston and DL doesn't go there from DFW (wouldnt even ticket with connections). So I *gulp* signed up for a FF number on that other airline and booked my ticket. NOOOOOO! That is Dougie Parker's airline. I fought the Keep Delta My Delta battle. I can't go over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on moving to Texas?
Old Mar 3, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Glad I did not go home to the UK this weekend - terrible weather they are having.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Glad I did not go home to the UK this weekend - terrible weather they are having.
A lot of places are experiencing terrible weather this weekend.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: Delta GM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
And I'm in the JFK T4 club on my way to Dublin.

On the plus side, the chicken tastes good. Really, really tough, however.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 4:49 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Will be passing through SEA tomorrow morning/NRT the afternoon of the 6th (connecting to CI though, so need to hop over to NRT T2)
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Fly4Golf
I previously have exclusively flown with United but this year have switched and will be trying Delta. I only have Silver Medallion Status but I am interested in learned from more experienced Delta flyers how the "upgrade" process works. My first flight is next week. One leg of my RT is booked in C+ and one in regular Y. Upon booking there was the part that I had the choice to Opt-In for an upgrade to C+ and to First..... How does this process actually work? can you choose to only upgrade to First from Y if you have an exit row etc?....

Thanks in advance.

-F4G
You don't have to check the box for a C+ upgrade if you already have a good exit row seat. You can just check the box for an upgrade to F. A lot of people don't check the box for C+ because you might end up in a middle seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.