Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:25 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Lehava
Great! Campaign manager for a day and I already have a scandal on my hands *smile*. Mr. Cholula deny's any innappropriate conduct with ducks, geese, and any other water fowl. He also has had a glowing endorsement from the Brotherhood Inclusive of the Roaming Ducks (BIRD!). We deny all of the above allegations!

You go girl!! I’m definitely going to need your help in avoiding scandals in this campaign.
Regardless of the outcome in this election, I was toying with the idea of running for POTUS in 2008. But I’m going to have to carefully select my words in the future.
I now see how “Screw The Ducks And Geese” takes on a whole ‘nother meaning when it’s taken out of context.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:39 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:52 am
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:21 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just wanted to drop in a say hello, despite having no current satus with DL. You folks are living right over here for sure. And Canarsie is so organized and detailed. Wow! Best wishes for great success with this very fine innovation.

-Mark
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Mikey, is Leo the primary reason you switched from DL to NW, or are there other larger factors?

I've done a few trips on NW lately, I found it clean, competent, but impersonal.
No, Leo was just a ******* who pillaged
DL. There were other reasons as well.

I stuck with my principles and told Robbie Boy Borden that I would leave and I did.

But this isn't lounge talk. We can do better than that here.

My high school German (only reason I passed was Herr Sanger didn't want me coming back to his class the next year) can't help with water chestnuts. Can't figure why that is only word you know... Kinky!

Last edited by mikey1003; Oct 11, 2005 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:51 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Doc, you will always be welcome here -- DL status or not.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Cholula
You go girl!! I’m definitely going to need your help in avoiding scandals in this campaign.
Regardless of the outcome in this election, I was toying with the idea of running for POTUS in 2008. But I’m going to have to carefully select my words in the future.
I now see how “Screw The Ducks And Geese” takes on a whole ‘nother meaning when it’s taken out of context.
And this is why candidates are not allowed to speak or think for themselves!!! Say only scripted well crafted things for the next week please *smile*
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom
Wasserkastanie. Which is water chestnut and not exactly the most useful word I could have learned.
Flyin'Mom,

May I borrow your word for the food association thread in OMNI? I may have it for a while but I'll bring it right back as soon as I'm done using it.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:43 am

Mr. Cholula deny's any innappropriate conduct with ducks, geese, and any other water fowl.
As any good journalist would point out, the follow-up question is, " Does this constitute an admission of inappropriate conduct with non-water fowl?" You need some work on your campaign manager skills.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Cornroaster
As any good journalist would point out, the follow-up question is, " Does this constitute an admission of inappropriate conduct with non-water fowl?" You need some work on your campaign manager skills.
Busted! Lehava will have her hands full trying to spin the Wild Turkey affair.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 10:54 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
More than that, journalists will want to know "who knew what and when did they know it?"

Specifically, I would like to find out just who it was that gave Cholula the bird.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Originally Posted by BamaVol
Flyin'Mom,

May I borrow your word for the food association thread in OMNI? I may have it for a while but I'll bring it right back as soon as I'm done using it.
All finished. Wasn't gone long at all. Played it off of Sweet and Sour Chicken.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Talking

Originally Posted by Dovster
More than that, journalists will want to know "who knew what and when did they know it?"

Specifically, I would like to find out just who it was that gave Cholula the bird.
I am sure that every one of us gave Cholula(the man --not the sauce) the bird at one time or another.

But, I will still cast one of my votes for the Great Retired ....... from California
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
I guess first I should ask the definition of "constitute" *smile*. However yes my candidate will conceed he did put some cholula hot sauce on his chicken last night and some may consider that inappropriate conduct *giggle* although we believe the majority will find this not only appropriate but enviable behavior!!!!!!

He also would like to remind you all that his and his co-candidates concerns related to new Forums, their desire to help new members feel more welcome on FT and their long standing policy of sky milage protection are NOT chicken feed and it is time to get back on the important topics and not his dietary preferences!!!!!!!

It is important that the correct candidates are selected, while there are some obvious bird brains you could choose from the Chol-Rates platform offers much more than feathers and squawking!!!!!!!!!!! Remember when voting to put them at the top of the Pecking Order! Don't be a Turkey and have to eat Crow. Vote for the top of the Roost!!!!!!!

(and if you like my signature PM me and it could be yours also)

Last edited by Lehava; Oct 11, 2005 at 12:22 pm
Old Oct 11, 2005, 12:54 pm

... yes my candidate will conceed he did put some cholula hot sauce on his chicken last night and some may consider that inappropriate conduct ...
If the poor chicken was alive it was certainly inappropriate - If not, what did he do to the poor chicken?
Old Oct 11, 2005, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BBQ Chicken Roll-ups
Serves 6 to 8
BBQ Chicken Roll-Ups

1 pkg. Missionฎ Fajita Size Flour Tortillas warmed
3 lbs. cut-up Chicken pieces
1 cup Ketchup
2/3 cup Vinegar
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp. Butter or Margarine
4 tsp. Dry Mustard
4 tsp. Chile Powder
2 tsp. Lemon Juice
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Cholula Hot Sauce

1. Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine all ingredients except tortillas and
chicken. Cook over low heat until blended.

2. Barbecue: Place chicken over medium-low heat, skin side up. Brush with
sauce and grill for 10 minutes. Turn and brush other side. Continue turning
and basting every ten minutes until cooked. Slice chicken into strips and
place strips down center for warm tortillas. Roll up to seal. Serve with
extra Cholula , if desired.

Courtesy of Mission Foods

Last edited by mikey1003; Oct 11, 2005 at 1:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.