Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:31 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Gee whiz... the thread just get's started and it already feels like home.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL Prisoner #347921
Two Questions

One, is there a SkyMiles bonus associated with joining the Delta Lounge? And two, do you come here often?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 9:42 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by const88
do you come here often?
You know, this is the one place on Earth where that line has a snowball's chance of working.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:19 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lehava
*putting down promised welcome mat* Canarsie, those showers scare me. Who is going to be responsible for keeping Dov from peeking on the girls???
You.
Originally Posted by Modapa
But I sure hope they have Jack Daniels in that bar!
I did not know you know Jack Daniels personally...
Originally Posted by chrissxb
does this Delta Lounge need a Crown Room Club membership?
No, but I accept bribes...
Canarsie knows better than to let the Jack or chocolates run low!
I knew that Jack could run, but I had no idea that chocolates can run!

I hope there are no ants or roaches underneath those chocolates...
Originally Posted by vinnmann
Canarsie, I enjoyed having you show me around the lounge. However, I have a few comments: First, you failed to point out was the "Smoker's Aquarium". It would be a shame if Dovster failed to visit because there was no glass box where he could stop for a smoke. Although, I will admit that I don't recall going through security before entering the lounge, so is it possible that the lounge is landside do he can just step out to the curb?
The area for smokers is down those 17 flights of stairs, walk 2.6 miles down a long hallway, descend another 34 flights of stairs, walk another 1.3 miles down another long hallway, take the shuttle train 78 stops, go down another flight of stairs and down the corridor.

It is the 37th door on your left.
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
The construction site of which I posted photos has been dormant since June. Neighbors aren't sure why- one told me that the work rules required work only during hours which were inconvenient for the workers. Another thought there might be another lawsuit. Meantime, the scaffold sits there, blocking half the street. I'll be back there in November, I'll see how it's going. ...and I'm booked on DL this time, first DL coach across the pond in longer than I can remember, we'll see how it compares to AZ, AF and Mickey'sAir (aka NWA)

I know of another impressive Italian concrete job, I have photos , a large curving swimming pool. A neighbor sued because it was too big and too near the street. After 3 months the suit ended, the neighbor lost, work continued. Under Italian law, the neighbor then had to pay damages. (If you file a civil suit and lose, you pay the other person, unlike in the U.S.).

See, Canarsie, isn't this interesting?
<Ya-a-a-w-w-w-w-n-n-n-nnn>

Huh?
Originally Posted by DLfan
you really should reconsider your stance on this point indufan and Canarsie).
You will never succeed.

The closest I have ever come to drinking is virgin pina coladas at poolside and a miniscule sip of wine on a Jewish holiday.
being back here (happy but weird)???? Still waiting for someone to come along and point out how off topic we are and to reprimand us *looking around waiting for someone to jump out and yell...april fool's on the new thread*
Well, you will just have to keep waiting, because this thread really is for real!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula
And screw the ducks and geese.
Well, okay, but I can tell you this -- even though you are running for TalkBoard, I don't think you are going to find many others on the Board who will be willing to establish a new forum for people who share your predeliction.

Of course, had you written "screw the sheep" you would be in much better shape as we could easily foresee a number of people joining that forum, especially from rural parts of New Zealand and certain states in the southern USA.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:05 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
I would just like to say hello, currently from Atlanta, tho originally from new york... I am looking to make another Virgin UC award ticket next year for free with barely any travel like last year

I am learning German so I will state my name in such...

Ich Bin Allen or the more friendly Mein Name es Allen
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by allen074
I would just like to say hello, currently from Atlanta, tho originally from new york... I am looking to make another Virgin UC award ticket next year for free with barely any travel like last year

Hi Allen,

I didn't realize that a New Yorker moving to Atlanta had to learn German, but it certainly goes a long way towards explaining why I can never understand what people in Georgia are saying.

Welcome to the Delta Lounge!
Old Oct 11, 2005, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Dovster

Of course, had you written "screw the sheep" you would be in much better shape as we could easily foresee a number of people joining that forum, especially from rural parts of New Zealand and certain states in the southern USA.
Rural parts of New Zealand?

Those boys in the big cities like them too.

This could of course be just an ozzie rumour about our favourite little cousins floating off in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:15 am

Programs: POS, Delta Skymiles, IC Plat Amb., Hilton Gold, SPG gold
I didn't realize that a New Yorker moving to Atlanta had to learn German, but it certainly goes a long way towards explaining why I can never understand what people in Georgia are saying.
yea, mostly its spanish here in atlanta... im learning german to communicate better with my german friends as well as go back to germany next year (i hope on delta's dime).
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:22 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Well, okay, but I can tell you this -- even though you are running for TalkBoard, I don't think you are going to find many others on the Board who will be willing to establish a new forum for people who share your predeliction.

Great! Campaign manager for a day and I already have a scandal on my hands *smile*. Mr. Cholula deny's any innappropriate conduct with ducks, geese, and any other water fowl. He also has had a glowing endorsement from the Brotherhood Inclusive of the Roaming Ducks (BIRD!). We deny all of the above allegations!

Last edited by Lehava; Oct 11, 2005 at 6:25 am
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:54 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 10, 2007 at 8:51 am
Old Oct 11, 2005, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I would just like to say hello, currently from Atlanta, tho originally from new york... I am learning German
Be glad you're not originally from Atlanta and currently from New York, then you'd really need to learn a bunch of new languages (or at least some new words!).

Welcome to the lounge, Canarsie is mixing the drinks as we speak. But there won't be any food tomorrow.
Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:29 am

He also has had a glowing endorsement from the Brotherhood Inclusive of the Roaming Ducks (BIRD!). We deny all of the above allegations!
Yeah? In that case, why are the ducks glowing so?
Old Oct 11, 2005, 7:34 am

Location: (not Montana. Nor is my name really Helena, nor am I female)
Programs: Delta, USAirways, Starwood, Priority Club, Marriott, Amex
(don't mind me. i'm just here to stuff my bag with Biscoff cookies. and could i grab a handful of those truffles, too? thanks)
Old Oct 11, 2005, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)

Hey Allen...you are doing better learning German than I am.

I've been going to Germany every year for the last seven, and I've memorized exactly one word.

Wasserkastanie. Which is water chestnut and not exactly the most useful word I could have learned.

The reason I can remember that word involves a long story about having dinner one night in a Chinese restaurant (yes, Chinese restaurant while in Germany...not my choice ), a group of 30 vendors from all over Europe and a long heated argument between the Chinese waiter and the only other American woman at the table who just refused to give up on her quest for a meal that included water chestnuts, even though the restaurant didn't have any.

Grab a drink and come sit over here and I'll tell you the whole long story...I'm just sure you want to hear it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.