Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
Think about what I posted and you will realize why it was impossible (or at least a fake).
Nobody realized it was BC before jfe's namesake was finally born.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Cholula
Ah, you blew it. I was to keep MikeMpls awake for the next two weeks trying to figure out why it was impossible or at least a fake.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Think about what I posted and you will realize why it was impossible (or at least a fake).
I'm still at a loss. How on earth could a coin be marked "257 Before Cholula" when there was nothing before Cholula?

(I'm assuming that Cholula is at least 4.54 billion years old [the estimated age of the Earth], given that it's already been proven on FlyerTalk that he's older than dirt.)
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
That's how we knew it was planted. Ancient coins had no dates. A closer examination no doubt would show Cholula on the obverse and a fire hydrant (slightly ahead of its time) on the reverse.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:51 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
That's how we knew it was planted. Ancient coins had no dates. A closer examination no doubt would show Cholula on the obverse and a fire hydrant (slightly ahead of its time) on the reverse.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by jackal
I'm still at a loss. How on earth could a coin be marked "257 Before Cholula" when there was nothing before Cholula?

(I'm assuming that Cholula is at least 4.54 billion years old [the estimated age of the Earth], given that it's already been proven on FlyerTalk that he's older than dirt.)
It's a bigger fraud than SkyMiles, but don't tell that to anyone here.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:00 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
Originally Posted by jackal

What makes you think that Cholula is from this planet?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:00 pm
jfe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Kicked out of all of them
How the hell did I get dragged into this?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:18 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jfe
How the hell did I get dragged into this?
Some noticed that you hadn't been here in a few days.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by kipper
Know anything else about them?
Not really. B1900Ds are some of the ugliest planes you'll ever see, though

In other news, while I was going for a walk downtown I got a phone call from Delta -- no, my flight's not delayed, and no, they're not revoking all of my SkyMiles The chief pilot's office out here in SLC wants me back for another semester, though! An hour later I was at the airport getting all of the forms signed. This is really exciting

I will admit, however, I'm not looking forward to going through security every day until my background check clears But I start next Wednesday!

-J.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
My boss just bought me dinner ^
Old Aug 28, 2013, 6:55 pm

Programs: Delta Charter KM, DM180, RW, DM, SC, SkyBonus; HH Diamond, IHG Plt Amb, Global Ent, TWIC
Originally Posted by jzweighaft
Not really. B1900Ds are some of the ugliest planes you'll ever see, though

In other news, while I was going for a walk downtown I got a phone call from Delta -- no, my flight's not delayed, and no, they're not revoking all of my SkyMiles The chief pilot's office out here in SLC wants me back for another semester, though! An hour later I was at the airport getting all of the forms signed. This is really exciting

I will admit, however, I'm not looking forward to going through security every day until my background check clears But I start next Wednesday!

-J.
Congrats for another semester with DL!!!!!
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by N830MH
Well, actually, I'll be on next flight on Monday Sept 23-24 PHX-DTW-BOS-ATL-PHX for redeye flight.

And 1 more trip to CLT on Monday October 7-8 PHX-DTW-CLT-ATL-PHX for next mileage runs trip. I will take redeye flight as well. I can become Silver Medallions again. This means I won't have pay $100 for second bag to EU. I can have 2 free checked bags.
Ah, you blew it. I was to keep MikeMpls awake for the next two weeks trying to figure out why it was impossible or at least a fake.
Hey Dovster, you did not read my previously post? I am going have another trip to CLT in October. I will becomes Silver Medallions again. You didn't read it? How come?
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
My boss just bought me dinner ^
Hopefully not McDs. Because that's what I buy my employees for good behavior.
Sometimes I print out 5 $1.00 off combo coupons to at Wendy's to save food budget.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
Hey Dovster, you did not read my previously post? I am going have another trip to CLT in October. I will becomes Silver Medallions again. You didn't read it? How come?
I didn't read it because I am too old to read and you are too old to fly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.