Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
I've tried and it says the lounge is closed. Just simply screwed it up.

Now for the next question. I have 9 right so far at 10 points per. I can't figure out why I only have 70 points and not 90.

Oh well
Well, they have three million entries to process. It actually goes through them VERY quickly but there is a little lag time. For a few minutes, DLFan and I were tied for first with SlowTrekker but we really weren't since ours had been processed and the other one hadn't been.

So, we will still yield to the high and mighty SlowTrekker.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Now for the next question. I have 9 right so far at 10 points per. I can't figure out why I only have 70 points and not 90.
Delta math. They enhanced your score.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:27 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
I explained it carefully on the site's Bulletin Board:

A quick explanation is in order. I know (and care) absolutely nothing about basketball. I get no thrill out of watching 10 tall guys in their shorts and undershirts running back and forth across a floor while dribbling.

(Of course, if they were women, they might be dribbling but I would be drooling.)

Still, I signed up because Indufan said that if one of my picks beats Cholula's the very fact that I know nothing about the game would give us increased ammo with which to attack him.

I made five entries, based on the following scientific methods:

1. BenGalil 1: I chose the schools with the best record. This, of course, means little as I have no idea who they played against.

2. BenGalil 2: I chose the schools I prefer. This often had no meaning other than I might once have lived near it, slept with a girl who attended it, or simply heard of it (as there were some I never knew even existed).

Note: You will see that I chose "Pennsylvania" as my favorite to win the whole thing. The problem is that I have no idea if this means U of P or Penn State. I certainly hope it is the former as I never slept with an English prof from State. Come to think of it, I don't remember getting very much sleep with the lady from U of P either.

3. BenGalil 3: I chose the schools which were listed first.

4. BenGalil 4: I chose the schools which were listed last.

5. BenGalil 5: I chose the schools in alphabetical order.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Not a bad method IMO.
I actually thought about the teams a bit when I selected them and called upon my encyclopaedic memory of their last 30 years of tournament performance.
I'm kind of in the middle of the pack at the start but watch for a breakout over the weekend.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 8:31 pm

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
If you aren't in another group with that entry, I think you can still join the group.
you can change the id number in the address and get my entry. I have no idea how to get into the group at this point....

ID# 938527
Old Mar 16, 2006, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Cholula
Not a bad method IMO.
I actually thought about the teams a bit when I selected them and called upon my encyclopaedic memory of their last 30 years of tournament performance.
I'm kind of in the middle of the pack at the start but watch for a breakout over the weekend.
Actually, I think that probably goes back more like almost 40 years to when Purdue made it to the final game with Rick Mount. By the way, Larry Weatherford who also played for Purdue in those days, was in my old sandlot basketball game in Evansville, IN.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:12 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Exclamation Announcement...

We interrupt March Madness and American Idle updates to bring you the following announcement:

There will be two FlyerTalk gatherings in Atlanta this year:

ATL HOT-LANTA DO I - July 21 -23, 2006

ATL - "HOT"LANTA DO II - Sept 22-24

I intend to be at both of them.

These gatherings will be hosted by flygirl555, with whom I have had the privilege of meeting last year.

If anyone else is interested, please have your FlyerTalk name added to the “Maybe” or “Confirmed” lists.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled program already in progress...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cornroaster
Actually, I think that probably goes back more like almost 40 years to when Purdue made it to the final game with Rick Mount.
We may have discussed this before but Mrs. Cholula and I watched this game at the Holiday Inn in Crawfordsville, IN, home of Wabash College.
Rick Mount never amounted to a hill of beans in the NBA but Billy Keller, from the same team, made it a few years for the Pacers.
I remember Larry Weatherford but I believe he played after we graduated.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
We may have discussed this before but Mrs. Cholula and I watched this game at the Holiday Inn in Crawfordsville, IN, home of Wabash College.
Rick Mount never amounted to a hill of beans in the NBA but Billy Keller, from the same team, made it a few years for the Pacers.
I remember Larry Weatherford but I believe he played after we graduated.
He was before my time but I understand Rick Mount was quite the bomb in college. Billy Keller played for the Pacers in the ABA against the Kentucky Colonels and the Virginia Squires.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by indufan
He was before my time but I understand Rick Mount was quite the bomb in college. Billy Keller played for the Pacers in the ABA against the Kentucky Colonels and the Virginia Squires.

Best BB player I ever saw.
He scored something like 67 points against Iowa in the late 60's which was, and may still be, a Big Ten record.
He was a pure shooter and couldn't play defense so he bombed out in the NBA.
Ended up running a sporting goods store in his hometown of Lebanon, IN.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
We interrupt March Madness and American Idle updates to bring you the following announcement:

There will be two FlyerTalk gatherings in Atlanta this year:

ATL HOT-LANTA DO I - July 21 -23, 2006
We've been planning to cocoon this summer and let the amateur travelers have at it on the roads and in the airports.
But this DO sounds like fun and I'll discuss with the boss.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Did I pick any winners? How to I get back there to see my picks/wins?
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by Traveller
Did I pick any winners? How to I get back there to see my picks/wins?

You really don't want to see your results thus far.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 12:44 am

Programs: Skyteam
Talking

I just had the best steak this year. USDA Angus beef, cooked it just like how the Food network showed it. I just had to share this momment.
But I do regret eating so late in the night. Now I have to stay awake for another 30 minutes to digest.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 1:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I would like to point out that BenGalil 3 (in which I picked the teams whose names were listed first) is currently at 82.3% -- far ahead of Cholula and Mrs. Cholula's choices.

I would not like to point out BenGalil 4 (in which I picked the teams whose names were listed last) is at a paltry 0.3%.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
You really don't want to see your results thus far.
why not? She's in 2nd place in the female category....does anyone remember what the prize was for this if she can hold on to this ranking?
Old Mar 17, 2006, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by socrates
She's in 2nd place in the female category....does anyone remember what the prize was for this if she can hold on to this ranking?
Dov makes her an offer she can refuse.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.