Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Bison is one of my current favorites -- low in salt & available at local Target Superstores.
Is it? The Target nearest to me in St. Louis Park becomes a Superstore officially next week, so I might have to dump Byerly's and go there.

Of course, I could go up the street to Costco and grab some steaks for dinner (if only I wasn't going home for the next week on vacation and didn't want a ton of meat to be sitting in my freezer).
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Cholula
Well, see, the problem was they tried to make ground beef from live cows once but the hollering, screaming and exceptionally loud mooing was quite alarming.

Dead cows don't make nearly as much noise.

I worked in the meat business for 12 years early in my career and saw any number of cows, bulls and steers, dead and alive.
Wow! I didn't realize know that. You working at the barn, huh? How is possible where you work for meat business? You are so experienced work at the barns for a long time. Are you not work at the farmer, huh?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
Finally back at home in Rhode Island, now to figure out what I should eat for dinner... I'm thinking either quahogs or swordfish.

First, upon returning home, I was greeted with a crate of mail (the USPS dropped it off on the deck, wrapped in 3 bags), to which 95% was meaningless (can't I just pay the USPS to remove the junk mail before it gets to me?). On another note, The Boat™ is completely repaired and should be back in its slip by tomorrow afternoon, which would allow me to have an afternoon Woodford while commenting on a few IMF proposals. переводе дипломатических и экономических протоколов с русского на английский всегда весело...

But, apparently the Monday Meeting from Hades was cancelled today, and therefore re-scheduled for Wednesday. However, this time, I'm going to be traveling on the PHX-based hooker airline (slowly re-qualifying for GP again).
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Canarsie
All right, N639DL — it is time to get serious.

...why do you post in this thread, anyway?
To get your goat? Seriously, what a gulli-bull. What a nin-cow-poop.

Some young bucks just don't get it that it's all just kid-ding around.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:37 pm

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Wow! The AAPlatinum line 'remember me' feature is awesome. Does/did Delta ever have something like that (for SMS) -- we are only FO now.

Now, when I (we) call the AA Platinum toll free # from any of three (stored on the aa.com Platinum profile) numbers -- we are immediately greeted with :

"Thanks for calling the American Airlines Advantage Platinum Desk"
"Welcome back, Ms. baccarat_king (actually, first name),"
"I see that you are scheduled to travel on July XX, can I help you with this reservation?"

This is so handy, love it! ^^^
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Wow! The AAPlatinum line 'remember me' feature is awesome. Does/did Delta ever have something like that (for SMS) -- we are only FO now.

Now, when I (we) call the AA Platinum toll free # from any of three (stored on the aa.com Platinum profile) numbers -- we are immediately greeted with :

"Thanks for calling the American Airlines Advantage Platinum Desk"
"Welcome back, Ms. baccarat_king (actually, first name),"
"I see that you are scheduled to travel on July XX, can I help you with this reservation?"

This is so handy, love it! ^^^
They call you Ms. Baccarat? How rude!

Watch out for stray tornadoes! Passing right through your neck of the woods.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Canarsie
La milza a quadri che soffoca il cammello verde è una transizione malinconico di un treno con i piedi ammuffiti che carenano a un pallone di fegato.
What is the rationale for permitting pidgin Italian like this at FT while forcing another FTer to remove some Italian opera lyrics from his signature?

Last edited by monitor; Jul 19, 2010 at 6:04 pm
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by fgirard
Finally back at home in Rhode Island, now to figure out what I should eat for dinner... I'm thinking either quahogs or swordfish.

First, upon returning home, I was greeted with a crate of mail (the USPS dropped it off on the deck, wrapped in 3 bags), to which 95% was meaningless (can't I just pay the USPS to remove the junk mail before it gets to me?). On another note, The Boat™ is completely repaired and should be back in its slip by tomorrow afternoon, which would allow me to have an afternoon Woodford while commenting on a few IMF proposals. переводе дипломатических и экономических протоколов с русского на английский всегда весело...

But, apparently the Monday Meeting from Hades was cancelled today, and therefore re-scheduled for Wednesday. However, this time, I'm going to be traveling on the PHX-based hooker airline (slowly re-qualifying for GP again).
I must say, your mini-trip (flight) reports (per last night), are amazing!

Originally Posted by tkey75
They call you Ms. Baccarat? How rude!

Watch out for stray tornadoes! Passing right through your neck of the woods.
Watching out! Generator all ready!

and, I get to use the miles (and upgrades); so no worries.

for my next Vegas trippie (August 1st to 5th), I'm flying out to Vegas on UA BOS-ORD-LAS (first class, 737s; though the first flight only has 8 first class seats). I don't recall I've ever done a domestic breakfast flight on UA in recent memory. Both flights (BOS-ORD AND ORD-LAS) are listed as breakfast service. Very excited, that UA has cognac (albeit VS) in domestic first class -- -and a cognac breakfast is my very FAVORITE breakfast.

now... the big question (and I know, the suspense is killing everyone in The Lounge!!!!!)

Will they warm the glass for my cognac on UA like they do on CO domestic? (and a hot water bath for the bottle)

FWIW, the return is on Delta (first class), redeye, LAS-CVG-BOS (final leg is first class on a CRJ-9, IIRC --- and will be my first time on that plane)
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
for my next Vegas trippie (August 1st to 5th), I'm flying out to Vegas on UA BOS-ORD-LAS (first class, 737s; though the first flight only has 8 first class seats). I don't recall I've ever done a domestic breakfast flight on UA in recent memory. Both flights (BOS-ORD AND ORD-LAS) are listed as breakfast service. Very excited, that UA has cognac (albeit VS) in domestic first class -- -and a cognac breakfast is my very FAVORITE breakfast.

now... the big question (and I know, the suspense is killing everyone in The Lounge!!!!!)

Will they warm the glass for my cognac on UA like they do on CO domestic? (and a hot water bath for the bottle)

FWIW, the return is on Delta (first class), redeye, LAS-CVG-BOS (final leg is first class on a CRJ-9, IIRC --- and will be my first time on that plane)
Doesn't hurt to ask - could at least ask for extra hot towels on the glass when they do that.

UA breakfasts are a choice of omelet or cereal, served with fruit and a croissant. Nothing that special - better than Delta though (since I see Delta has gone to a pre-packaged "bagel" now...).

Though I will get used to the Delta breakfast cereal over the next few months...
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:23 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by fgirard

I had a love/hate relationship translating documents for a winery in the Soave area and their prospective US importer.

Originally Posted by monitor
What is the rationale for permitting pidgin Italian like this at FT while forcing another FTer to remove some Italian opera lyrics from his signature?
Any time fegato is mentioned it is alright with me as long as it it fegato con cipolla alla veneziana.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
...(final leg is first class on a CRJ-9, IIRC --- and will be my first time on that plane)
If you can't get an A seat on that one, 1C is pretty good because the bulkhead is quite far away and your left leg would have no bulkhead at all.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by monitor
If you can't get an A seat on that one, 1C is pretty good because the bulkhead is quite far away and your left leg would have no bulkhead at all.
Just looked to verify,
it is a : Canadair Regional Jet 900
I have seat 3A, but 1A and 4A are also available.

Any reason to change?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Just looked to verify,
it is : Canadair Regional Jet 900
I have seat 3A, but 1A and 4A are also available.

Any reason to change?
I tend to stick to an A that's not 1 in order to stow my laptop under my seat (entirely personal preference). Then again, I have fairly short legs for someone 6'2".
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2A and 3A are my preferred seats on the CRJ-900.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I dislike bulkheads so much I took 3A on an MD-90 tomorrow instead of either seat available in the bulkhead - in other words, bulkhead loses out to aisle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.