Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I now own a mobile telephone.
You really just got a cell phone? No way. Most people do now a days, its a little hard to believe you JUST got one.

Ironically, that would be coincidence, not irony.
You are right Canarsie.

Originally Posted by Cholula
You can change it at any time but your post count reverts to zero and your join date would show as the day you changed it.

We had somebody do this the other day. She had been posting under her actual name and decided that wasn't such a good idea nowadays.

The House of Miles needs to handle this as they'll deactivate your old handle and set-up the new one. Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll act as an intermediary.
Hmm...thank you for sharing that with me Cholula.

Would the posts that I have under my current handle show up under the new handle name?

I'll have to think about that.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL AA UA

Hello? Is everyone all right? Anybody?!?...Ironically, that would be coincidence, not irony.
Like rain on your wedding day?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am considering making the next 147 posts in order to get milepost # 60,000.

On second thought, I prefer to go to bed.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:42 pm

Programs: NW Plat (formerly), UA 1K, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Plat
You can change it at any time but your post count reverts to zero and your join date would show as the day you changed it.
Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone

Would the posts that I have under my current handle show up under the new handle name?
Didn't you READ what Cholula posted?

Ahhh....... Grasshopper returns.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by WBurcham
Err. Was this last night? Can you score 2 extra tickets?
Nah...last night's phone conversation with you had to do with IDBs. And a few other things that I forget due to my lack of sleep.

Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don
A
Sign me up. Every now and then, I need a grits fix, and here in SEA, they only want to serve it with salmon....
I will have to coordinate with our event leaders to figure out what day will work best. Depending on what time the events on Thursday or Friday begin, I would think one of those days would be best. Last year, I remember the OCC tour starting mid-morning, so if that is the case again this year, that might be a good day to consider it.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by secretsea18

Cholula only mentioned the post count. The posts themselves will not disappear. I believe, however, that they will show the new user name.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

Hello? Is everyone all right? Anybody?!?...Ironically, that would be coincidence, not irony.
Oh yes, everything is alright and no major problems for me at all. So lets try to chat with you on FB.com or try to call me back.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am considering making the next 147 posts in order to get milepost # 60,000.

On second thought, I prefer to go to bed.
Yeah, you would waste so much time continuously posting 147 times in a row, and someone would likely get in the way.

Originally Posted by secretsea18

Cholula only mentioned the post count. The posts themselves will not disappear. I believe, however, that they will show the new user name.
I was asking Cholula exactly what Dovster is talking about. I know that the post count would be reset, I was wondering if the physical 1,300+ posts I have will be listed under the new handle.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:35 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Yes and no.

The tjisnumbaone posts will be forever locked in stone if and when he decides to change his handle.

But they'll still show under his old handle even after the handle is disabled. Nothing transfers to the new handle.

Originally Posted by tjisnumbaone
I was wondering if the physical 1,300+ posts I have will be listed under the new handle.
No, those would go bye-bye.

Well not actually bye-bye. They'll still show under the disabled tjisnumbaone handle and be searchable by your old handle.

But your new handle, tjisnolongernumbaone, will show zero posts, a new start date and will be as fresh as a baby's butt.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don
Sign me up. Every now and then, I need a grits fix, and here in SEA, they only want to serve it with salmon....
As my only trip to Waffle House was during Greasy Spoon Do, I would be game as well. The Waffle House down the hill from me re-opened quickly after the May flood but I simply drive right by everyday.

Originally Posted by mersk862
I will have to coordinate with our event leaders to figure out what day will work best. Depending on what time the events on Thursday or Friday begin, I would think one of those days would be best. Last year, I remember the OCC tour starting mid-morning, so if that is the case again this year, that might be a good day to consider it.
Even if OCC starts early morning, isn't the preferred Waffle House time between 0200 and 0530?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by icurhere2
Even if OCC starts early morning, isn't the preferred Waffle House time between 0200 and 0530?
Not sure. Our rule in college was that we could not leave the dorm before 1234a to go to Waffle House.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I now own a mobile telephone....
Do you know how to turn it on?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
Not sure. Our rule in college was that we could not leave the dorm before 1234a to go to Waffle House.
Was there a BAC requirement as well?
Old Jul 12, 2010, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Let's see. Two WHs on the road from CVG to SDF, one near the bridge in Southern Indiana, another on Fern Valley Road in Louisville. Hmmmm. Now you guys know why I don't mind doing that trip every month.
Old Jul 12, 2010, 4:01 pm

Yes and no.

The tjisnumbaone posts will be forever locked in stone if and when he decides to change his handle.

But they'll still show under his old handle even after the handle is disabled. Nothing transfers to the new handle.

No, those would go bye-bye.

Well not actually bye-bye. They'll still show under the disabled tjisnumbaone handle and be searchable by your old handle.

But your new handle, tjisnolongernumbaone, will show zero posts, a new start date and will be as fresh as a baby's butt.
I just looked at the Tel Aviv Meet thread from 2004. One of the posters there changed her user name a few months after the meet. Her posts on that thread, however, show her new user name and if you trying searching under the old one nothing appears.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.