Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Military Personnel: Upgrades and Other Benefits on Delta Air Lines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:17 am

First of I will mention my background: Gold DM, active duty military with 3 deployment to medical facilities in AFG in the last 6 years (and not a member of the Army). I also have not been upgraded to FC while in uniform, but have had several FC members offer their seat.

I don't think DL should have a policy to upgrade military prior to medallions- medallions fly much more frequently but they should be allowed to board early. I think an occasional upgrade is fine- e.g. going from AFG on leave to see family born or sick etc. I think any flier that wants to donate their seat to those in the military deserves thanks and appreciation.

As a military member I know it means alot. And I know Delta does an excellent job- every time I visit family when I return from deployment they take excellent care of me whether sitting econ, EC, or first.

The argument of well then we need to add police, fire, EMS, deep sea fisherman.....is a weak argument at best. There is a big difference between a dangerous job here in the U.S. and being mortared, attacked and threatened with IEDs on a regular basis. A better argument would be medallions are the most loyal customers to DL and they should therefore get the upgrade.

Last edited by met19; Dec 22, 2013 at 11:20 am Reason: typo
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:27 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by met19
There is a big difference between a dangerous job here in the U.S. and being mortared, attacked and threatened with IEDs on a regular basis.
I readily admit that I know absolutely nothing about the military . . . . That said, isn't it possible to be a uniformed military person and have a safe desk job (or similar) in the USA or non-violent post in another country?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
is this a joke?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 11:35 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

This has been discussed many times. No need to go down this road again.
Merry Xmas everyone.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.