Using SkyMiles with Alaska Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 6:10 am

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 2007 at 7:22 am
Old Jan 19, 2005, 11:45 pm
kjl

Programs: DL Gold AS MVP BA Blue
I have booked a reward flight over the phone because I can't do that online. The agent is able to get an Alaska Airlines flight. There is a $5 charge when booked over the phone.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Skymiles Award bucket(s) on Alaska

Does anyone know what fare bucket Skymiles award seats come out of when redeeming on Alaska/Horizon.

Also, does Delta a full access to Alaska's award seats?

MO

Last edited by MachOne; Dec 5, 2005 at 1:38 pm
Old Dec 5, 2005, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by MachOne
Does anyone know what fare bucket Skymiles award seats come out of when redeeming on Alaska/Horizon.

Also, does Delta a full access to Alaska's award seats?

MO
Pretty sure you would have to call DL as they do not have the same access that AS FFs do.
Old Dec 5, 2005, 3:55 pm

Coach is "w" and first is "a".
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Coach is "w" and first is "a".
thanks!

MO
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL, UA, Avianca, Mariott Gold
Using Skymiles on Alaska Airlines

I don't have many miles on alaska airlines and was wondering if I could use my delta skymiles to book a reward ticket on alaska airlines i looked on both airlines website but didn't find anything and I knew that they were partners just needx some help
Old Aug 1, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by delta spartan
I don't have many miles on alaska airlines and was wondering if I could use my delta skymiles to book a reward ticket on alaska airlines i looked on both airlines website but didn't find anything and I knew that they were partners just needx some help
Yes you can. AS needs to have saver inventory available, as well as a Saturday night stay being required.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Alaska Airlines reward tickets with DL miles are not bookable on delta.com

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/award...x.jsp#partners
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Alaska Airlines reward tickets with DL miles are not bookable on delta.com

http://www.delta.com/help/faqs/award...x.jsp#partners
I just booked one on delta.com last month...

Can I use my miles on partner airlines?

Yes. Award Travel on delta.com is limited to travel on Delta, Delta Connection® Continental, Northwest, Hawaiian, Alaska and Air France Airlines.
Old Dec 15, 2009, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
SkyMiles on NW Coded Alaska Air Flights?

Does anyone know if Delta awards SkyMiles and MQMs for Alaska Air flights booked with a NW flight number? I have a trip scheduled early in the new year and one of the flights is a NW coded Alaska Air flight from SEA to HNL. The rules on the web site state, in part:

"Mileage may be earned on Alaska Airlines-coded flights operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, Peninsula Airways or Delta, and on Alaska Airlines-operated flights coded Alaska Airlines or Delta."

It specifically states AS flights coded as AS or as DL, but nothing about NW codeshares.

Last edited by Kwaj boy; Dec 15, 2009 at 2:40 pm
Old Dec 15, 2009, 3:57 pm

Programs: US former CP Looking for a new airline to love me
Originally Posted by Kwaj boy
Does anyone know if Delta awards SkyMiles and MQMs for Alaska Air flights booked with a NW flight number? I have a trip scheduled early in the new year and one of the flights is a NW coded Alaska Air flight from SEA to HNL. The rules on the web site state, in part:

"Mileage may be earned on Alaska Airlines-coded flights operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, Peninsula Airways or Delta, and on Alaska Airlines-operated flights coded Alaska Airlines or Delta."

It specifically states AS flights coded as AS or as DL, but nothing about NW codeshares.
IM(recent)E, yes they do. For some DL purposes, DL includes anything NW.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Thanks for the reply. I also EMailed DL asking this question, including the specific record locator (hasn't been actually booked yet) and AS/NW flight number. I'll report when/if I get an answer back.
Old Dec 16, 2009, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM
I traveled with a colleague in early 2009 (before the full integration of SkyMiles and WorldPerks) on NW coded AS operated flights. Neither of us received automatic credit. We both submitted missing miles requests and both had the requests denied because the AS flight was coded NW. I wrote a strong letter and received credit. My colleague also wrote a similar letter and was denied again! I'd imagine this is not a problem now that SkyMiles and WorldPerks have been merged, but you never know...
Old Dec 16, 2009, 3:11 pm

You never know indeed! Thanks for the reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.