Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2004, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, AA 2M Miles (Llifetime Platinum)
I need 500 Delta Miles

I have 99500 miles in my account and need 500 miles to be able to buy 2 international tickets. Does anyone know of a way to get they 500 miles without flying? Preferably from signing on to paperless statements, filling out questionaire or something of the sort. Thanks to all
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:01 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by needmoremiles
I have 99500 miles in my account and need 500 miles to be able to buy 2 international tickets. Does anyone know of a way to get they 500 miles without flying? Preferably from signing on to paperless statements, filling out questionaire or something of the sort. Thanks to all
In the first and third mileposts in this thread, you will find many opportunities to earn more Delta SkyMiles without having to set foot on an airplane, needmoremiles.

Additionally, some hotel chains in the second milepost of this thread (such as any of the Hilton HHonors family of hotels) will credit your Delta SkyMiles account with SkyMiles just by staying at their properties without having to take a flight. In fact, one stay at a Hilton hotel will net you 500 Delta SkyMiles! Just be sure that you are a Hilton HHonors member and that you select the choice of earning points and fixed miles for your Hilton HHonors account.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Any chance we could have a companion "How to Earn/Maximize Delta MQMs" thread?
I think that is an excellent idea, jimrpa.

Please give me some time to look into it before I commit to creating one.

Thank you.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 12:26 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, AA 2M Miles (Llifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by Canarsie
In the first and third mileposts in this thread, you will find many opportunities to earn more Delta SkyMiles without having to set foot on an airplane, needmoremiles.

Additionally, some hotel chains in the second milepost of this thread (such as any of the Hilton HHonors family of hotels) will credit your Delta SkyMiles account with SkyMiles just by staying at their properties without having to take a flight. In fact, one stay at a Hilton hotel will net you 500 Delta SkyMiles! Just be sure that you are a Hilton HHonors member and that you select the choice of earning points and fixed miles for your Hilton HHonors account.
Thank you. I think I will try staying at a Hilton on my next trip. Thanks.
Old Jul 9, 2004, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Due to the 15,000 character limitation per milepost, the following quote belongs in the first milepost in this thread:
Note: Assuming that the cost of airfare is not a factor, when traveling on partner airlines, try to book a Delta code-share flight if possible. For example, on some partner airlines such as El Al Israel Airlines, one can earn a minimum of 150% of mileage for flights booked in First Class. Book the very same flight (New York – Tel Aviv, for example) as a Delta code-share flight and one can earn a minimum of 200% of mileage!

Dovster, thank you for this valuable tip!
As soon as I figure out how to better organize all of the information within the first few posts of this thread, I will do so.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies for not amending this thread with more information, such as the ability to earn 2,000 additional SkyMiles just for playing the game found in this thread and then booking a flight at www.delta.com afterwards, thanks to Cholula.
Old Jul 19, 2004, 1:11 pm

Communication Partners

Sorry if this is a repost

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/getmil...ners/index.jsp
Old Jul 31, 2004, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KAFKAESQUE
Welcome to FlyerTalk, KAFKAESQUE!

No, it is not a re-post. I simply have not had the chance to incorporate the communications partners of the Delta Air Lines SkyMiles program yet due to lack of space.

I do have an idea, though. I plan to give this thread a major makeover.

What I plan to do is the following:
  • Move all ancillary mileposts and incorporate them into this thread.
  • Add mileposts to this thread to not only complete the information on how to earn SkyMiles, but also how to keep one’s SkyMiles account active and the best possible ways to use and redeem SkyMiles. I will then change the thread topic accordingly to reflect the additional information.
  • Use one or two mileposts in this thread specifically for the purpose of linking pertinent threads for additional information.
  • Possibly (I have not decided yet) keep this thread locked so that the information in this thread is brief and easy to find.

I welcome any comments on these proposed ideas, as well as additional ideas and suggestions. Thank you.
Old Aug 25, 2004, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, Hertz Gold Pres Circle, AMEX Plat
MQM Link(s)

Seem to have lost DL's link(s) to MQM rules for what you earn for various fares or DL and partners.

Does anyone have it?

EDITED TO ADD:

Never mind, found it

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about/...ions/index.jsp

It is in the DL Site at
Home ---> SkyMiles ---> About SkyMiles ---> Benefits at a Glance ---> MQM Calculation

Last edited by sperberj; Aug 25, 2004 at 8:33 pm Reason: Found it and answered my own query.
Old Aug 27, 2004, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Priority Club

Thanks, Canarsie! For your effort.

I received this emil
---------------------------
As a valued Delta SkyMiles® member, you've been chosen to receive complimentary Gold Elite membership in the Priority Club® Rewards program—status that usually requires 15 qualifying nights in a year! PLUS, you'll earn 5,000 bonus miles on your first qualifying stay.

You'll also earn miles every time you stay at any one of the 3,500 InterContinental Hotels Group locations worldwide.....
--------------------------------

I don't know much about Priority club and wonder if this is a good deal.
Please help!
Old Sep 4, 2004, 8:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Air Jamaica Limited Offer

One can earn up to 15000 bonus miles if ticket is booked on Air Jamaica Vacations to any of their Caribbean destinations.

http://www.airjamaicavacations.com/a...a_skymiles.asp

Hope its not a repost, but never saw it searching.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 4:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
As of Sept 1 there is a new transfer opportunity:

"From September 1st, 2.004 you will be able to exchange your MaS Points for SkyMiles
3 MaS Points = 1 SkyMile"

MaS is SolMelia hotel chain's frequent stay program.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 3:11 am

Originally Posted by milemission
Thanks, Canarsie! For your effort.

I received this emil
---------------------------
As a valued Delta SkyMiles® member, you've been chosen to receive complimentary Gold Elite membership in the Priority Club® Rewards program—status that usually requires 15 qualifying nights in a year! PLUS, you'll earn 5,000 bonus miles on your first qualifying stay.

You'll also earn miles every time you stay at any one of the 3,500 InterContinental Hotels Group locations worldwide.....
--------------------------------

I don't know much about Priority club and wonder if this is a good deal.
Please help!
Well, I don't know much about it either but I know I got 25,000 miles for $150 through Priority Club
Old Dec 11, 2004, 2:57 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
1,000 Skymiles for subscribing to Insider Flyer and Official Frequent Flyer Guidebook $59.95 (limit 50,000 Skymiles credited per account per year).

www.insideflyer.com/delta
Old Dec 20, 2004, 3:59 pm

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
I think this was posted but on an older, less-read thread, but anyway,
500 miles each time you checkin online at flysong.com
Old Dec 29, 2004, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Delta Air Lines, song, Delta Shuttle and Delta Connection*
Delta-coded flights operated by Continental and Northwest booked in Y, B, and M are not eligible for class of service bonuses.
  • 500 minimum SkyMiles or actual flown miles,
    whichever is greater for flights in Economy/Coach Class.
  • 150% mileage credit for flights in BusinessElite®, Business Class or First Class; or for full-fare (Y, B and M) Economy/Coach Class.
*Delta Connection airlines include American Eagle, Atlantic Southeast Airlines, Chautauqua Airlines, Comair, and SkyWest.

Last edited by Canarsie; Dec 31, 2004 at 10:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.