Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Platinum
Since I fly out of NYC, I see lots of celebs. The funniest was Kanye West. He sat on a 2 hour flight from LGA to ATL and never took off his sunglasses. Chris Fowler was very friendly when I ended up sitting next to him. Other sightings I can think of on Delta: Al Sharpton, Shawn Johnson, Al Roker, Hal Sparks, Joe Lieberman...
Old Sep 14, 2010, 8:58 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
kbobelly, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Hope to see you often around the various forums.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:05 pm

Programs: DL PM
BDL to ATL this morning - sat next to Alan Alda in J. Very nice guy. I've long been a fan of his work.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:26 am

Saw Mac MacAnally and Jim Mayer of Jimmy Buffett's Coral Reefer Band last night on the ATL-BNA flight. They were returning to Nashville from Paris, where Jimmy and Coral Reefer's played a concert Friday night.

Both were very nice. I chatted a few minutes with them waiting for luggage at BNA. I asked Mac about any re-releases of his older works, and he said he had repurchased the rights to those older albums and hoped to re-release them soon.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:13 am

ALI

Saw Mohammad Ali on SDF to ATL a few weeks ago. Asked for photo op and he posed with my daughters. Even though confined to wheelchair, he still was a super nice guy!!!!!
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:26 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
rschanker, thanks for the report.

And welcome to FlyerTalk!!
Old Oct 7, 2010, 4:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, National EE
Just got off a PIT to ATL flight with Hines Ward.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 5:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
I saw Jamie Lee Curtis in the BE lounge at JFK back in the day. Saw Bart Starr on a flight from DTW-GRB this past April (wouldn't have known, my seatmate in 2B alerted me).
Old Oct 7, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by JoelA
On Friday morning at LAX in the Sky Club and on the 777-LR from LAX -> ATL David Crosby, Stephen Stills, Graham Nash and the band all in BE. They were on the way to a show in SDF.
We went to see them in concert last week... What a show... those guys are still amazing... We saw all kinds of buses waiting behind the stage door and figured that they were using them as their main mode of transportation... Had I known that they were flying on Delta, I would have tried to figure out which flight and paid to get tickets and done a mileage run.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by localady
We went to see them in concert last week... What a show... those guys are still amazing... We saw all kinds of buses waiting behind the stage door and figured that they were using them as their main mode of transportation... Had I known that they were flying on Delta, I would have tried to figure out which flight and paid to get tickets and done a mileage run.
Yup ^
Old Oct 7, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by DLNYC
I saw Jamie Lee Curtis in the BE lounge at JFK back in the day. Saw Bart Starr on a flight from DTW-GRB this past April (wouldn't have known, my seatmate in 2B alerted me).
I sat in front of Mike McCarthy (head coach, Green Bay Packers) this spring in first class from GRB to MSP. He was last to board the plane... is that a standard occurrence?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:13 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by krp453
I sat in front of Mike McCarthy (head coach, Green Bay Packers) this spring in first class from GRB to MSP. He was last to board the plane... is that a standard occurrence?
AFAIK, Mr McCarthy has never been last to board any of my flights...
Old Oct 7, 2010, 11:37 pm

I had Patrick Dempsey on a red eye flight from LAX to MCO earlier this year in FC. I was already seated and he was one of the last to board. He proceeded to take my laptop bag down and ask who's it was. I told him it was mine and he "requested" that I place it at my feet for the 4 hour flight. I told him that I wouldn't be doing that, as I am a very tall individual. The FA saw the exchange and the fact that I was becoming irritated, and grabbed his bags and placed them in the forward closet. I am generally a compliant person. I just didn't appreciate being barked at...

DF
Old Oct 8, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
Lived near AGS for a few years, sat near Tom Watson, and across from the late James Brown. James interacted with the other pax (especially the guy wearing a Phillies hat as we boarded in ATL, he was a Braves fan) as they filed past, funny guy.

Saw Bill Russell in IAD in August 2010, nice gent, didn't hide himself from the public and people didn't bother him either.

Sat next to Rep. John Lewis (D, Ga) from IAD to ATL. Don't agree with his politics, but we still had a nice conversation and enjoyed our time talking.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 10:08 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by DAL-767
Sat next to Rep. John Lewis (D, Ga) from IAD to ATL. Don't agree with his politics, but we still had a nice conversation and enjoyed our time talking.
OK it's not in flight but I see John Lewis occasionally at my local Kroger store & he's always pleasant.

Most recent DL celeb sighting was back in July. DCA-ATL, Ray Lewis of the Baltimore Ravens, sitting in F, decked out head to toe in Under Armour logos & wearing sunglasses (daytime flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.