Wiki Posts
Search

Bad delta Experience

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2024, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro
Bad delta Experience

not a delta flyer, but had direct PDX-NYC at 7am outbound. Was delayed an hour (no info given) but then delayed another for because of a de-icer gone bad and arrived 5 hours late at 8;30. Missed an important dinner reservation.

Any compensation due?

thanks
TF
Old May 13, 2024, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Originally Posted by tfizzle
not a delta flyer, but had direct PDX-NYC at 7am outbound. Was delayed an hour (no info given) but then delayed another for because of a de-icer gone bad and arrived 5 hours late at 8;30. Missed an important dinner reservation.

Any compensation due?

thanks
TF
Write in and youll get some miles. Legally no compensation due.
lindros2 likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold

Any compensation due?

thanks
TF
Trying to understand, was the flight 2 hours late or 5 hours late? Also which day was this?
indufan likes this.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:57 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
Trying to understand, was the flight 2 hours late or 5 hours late? Also which day was this?
Looks like DAL828 on 5/10. It was approximately 5 hours late.
tfizzle likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:04 am

You aren’t entitled to anything but delta is pretty good about tossing out miles, fill out the form on line, keep it short and to the point, my flight was five hours late arriving, delay was mechanical, I would like xxx number of miles, if you booked the flight thru corp travel and work at a large firm adding in I missed an important dinner is fine otherwise I wouldn’t bother, in the end you want the key words 5 hours late, mechanical and number of miles
tfizzle likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2.3MM, IHG Diamond Elite
He/she already said that he/she is not a delta flyer, so I doubt getting given some miles would help… might not even be a Medallion member.
tfizzle likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by Mountain Explorer
Flight arrived 5 hours late from original departure. Was to depart at 7am and left at 12/noon.
Old May 14, 2024, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Sounds like this was mechanical within the aircraft by "de-icer gone bad", which caused the 5hr delay.

Yes as other said, send in a complaint via the form on the DL website and they'll probably throw you some miles.
tfizzle likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 12:02 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.950MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I guess it's just me, but I don't ask for comp unless I get stuck overnight.

David
Old May 14, 2024, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Sounds like this was mechanical within the aircraft by "de-icer gone bad", which caused the 5hr delay.

Yes as other said, send in a complaint via the form on the DL website and they'll probably throw you some miles.
De-ice to me means on the ground equipment generally owned by the airport. Anti-ice generally is what is on the plane. Can be used either way, just pointing out this maybe an airport failure, not DL.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:01 pm

You can always contact Delta and try.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
De-ice to me means on the ground equipment generally owned by the airport. Anti-ice generally is what is on the plane. Can be used either way, just pointing out this maybe an airport failure, not DL.
I was thinkng de-ice ground equipment at first also, but considering the flight was scheduled for 7:30am and sat there overnight with PDX was in the low 60s that morning... I decide that was not likely
MSPeconomist and ohhleary like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 10:20 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Any compensation due?

thanks
TF
This thread has devolved in to several non-contributive posts. Time to lock.
Obscure2k
Delta Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.