Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

knowledgeable DTW travelers - transfer time?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Is 1 hour and 55 minutes enough time to get from an International flight landing at Evans to a domestic flight taking off from Mcnamara? Arrives at 7:20pm departure is at 9:15pm. Departure today is from A terminal in Mcnamara. Flights will be booked separately.
Old May 6, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles Platinum Medallion
I did this in reverse, McNamara to Evans, in November 2023 after landing from Tokyo-HND on DL connecting to an AA flight.

I was in the first row of Premium Select on DL (quick off the plane) and hustled thru the international arrivals corridor to immigration with Global Entry, which was nearly empty for me.

It took me about 1hr30.

I had to wait a full cycle for the DTW inter-terminal shuttle as the bus pulled away as I was coming down the escalator. That 1hr30 was only because I knew exactly where to go, including where to wait for the shuttle, and I had TSA Pre to clear at Evans, which was busy.

I allowed myself three hours and consider myself very lucky with the 1hr30.
Old May 6, 2024, 9:53 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM/3MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
If you have carry-on bags only, global entry, and precheck, it is doable if all runs on time. As another poster mentioned, you have to wait for the terminal - terminal bus. Precheck at McNamara has had longer lines at times due to the newest machines, but I would say it is usually less than 20 mins once you get tehre.
Old May 7, 2024, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The DTW Metro Cab service would be an option if you just miss the terminal-to-terminal shuttle. But I don't imagine it will be particularly cheap. Note that McNamara is a single "terminal" (with multiple concourses). A flight that departs from the ends of A concourses won't be that much shorter to get to than ones from the middle of B/C concourses (via the tunnel). Particularly if you just miss the concourse A tram ride.

Last edited by xliioper; May 7, 2024 at 6:07 am
Old May 7, 2024, 6:19 am

Also, there is currently roadway construction taking place at the airport. Not sure how much it affects the shuttle bus service, but it's another factor to consider.
Old May 7, 2024, 9:21 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Flagging for mods to merge with Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Detroit (DTW): The Definitive Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.