Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

When should I get in TSA PRE line - Monday morning 830 Am Flight from Atlanta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2024, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallian

Was curious to find out from fellow Atlanta based travelers in their recent experience with security lines for a Monday morning flight. (Although I have travelled quite a few times recently but not on early Monday morning).

flying Delta - have boarding pass and am PreCheck + Digital ID + Sky Priority

What time should i be in the line? I will use this information to figure out what time I should be leaving home. (Live 40 miles away and usually park at PNF)
Old May 5, 2024, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
In line 7am - latest. So get to PNF by maybe 6:15-6:30.

Digital ID could be 5-10 minutes (or no wait).
PreCheck is okay 15-20 minutes.
CLEAR sucks, but n/a for you.

also bookmark this page: https://www.atl.com/times/
Old May 5, 2024, 11:31 am

Programs: I've gone underground!
I agree with lindros2 . Monday and Tuesday 7a pre gets you through between 7:25-7:45, with 7:30 most likely.

I see a low-to-no digital id wait before 6:45, but it quickly fills up around 7:15.
Old May 5, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
3 weeks ago, I was dropped off at atl departures at 7am, checked a bag and was through digital ID by 7:15
lindros2 likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:26 pm

Go to F (intl). Precheck line is open from 7-10am. Heaven. Usually takes 5 minutes tops. Delta accepts all domestic and intl checked bags. But it won’t work for WN passengers with checked luggage.
RetiredATLATC and lindros2 like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

These are good tips. Thanks all.
btw - what is the difference between Digital ID and TSA Pre line. Especially in Atlanta South Terminal where the Precheck line is next to Digital Line (I have always used the Precheck line). Will in need to remove my shoes and laptop if I go through the DigitalID line.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Anix
These are good tips. Thanks all.
btw - what is the difference between Digital ID and TSA Pre line. Especially in Atlanta South Terminal where the Precheck line is next to Digital Line (I have always used the Precheck line). Will in need to remove my shoes and laptop if I go through the DigitalID line.
Digital ID is a subset of PRE where you dont need to show ID or your boarding pass to get through. It uses biometrics. Your passport has to be stored by Delta.

You have to opt in in the profile section of the app.
lindros2 and MisterBill like this.
Old May 5, 2024, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by emma dog
Digital ID is a subset of PRE where you dont need to show ID or your boarding pass to get through. It uses biometrics. Your passport has to be stored by Delta.

You have to opt in in the profile section of the app.
thank you.
Old May 7, 2024, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

So on Monday morning - entered the terminal building at 645 am and started heading towards the Sooth PRE security area. Was directed to head back towards baggage claim area where the line started (around Carousel # 2). The website said Wait times to be 23 minutes for PRE and 20 minutes for General

decided to stay in the PRE.
it took 40 minutes total wait time to cross security. Not a bad Experience overall.
Old May 7, 2024, 7:28 pm

So on Monday morning - entered the terminal building at 645 am and started heading towards the Sooth PRE security area. Was directed to head back towards baggage claim area where the line started (around Carousel # 2). The website said Wait times to be 23 minutes for PRE and 20 minutes for General

decided to stay in the PRE.
it took 40 minutes total wait time to cross security. Not a bad Experience overall.
And at 7am I’m in F precheck and by 710 I’m already in the F lounge.
Old May 7, 2024, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Yes agree. Monday morning flight. -I am heading to F.

am curious - are all mornings like Monday mornings ?
Old May 7, 2024, 8:36 pm

If you drive and park at ATL and are flying or connecting domestically and are checking bags on the flight home be prepared that your bags will arrive at domestic but your car will be parked at intl. Plan accordingly.
Old May 7, 2024, 9:10 pm

Not at all. Monday is a little worse than Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday are easy peasy. I haven’t flown out of ATL on a Friday morning in a long time outside of school breaks.

I only do F on Mondays when im on a plane departing E or F, or when I Uber in. It’s not a bad way to go, but it all depends on my travel.

Let’s talk about the parking lot mess next! Today we were forced to the top deck in South Daily only to have no spaces and to drive out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.