Wiki Posts
Search

Error msg trying to book multi city

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Error msg trying to book multi city

I'm trying to book a round trip in Oct, MSY/CDG transiting through ATL but I want to choose my own connections for times. I have used the multi city tool many times in the past with no problem but today I get this message:
Uh-oh! We’re sorry, but no results were found for your search. Some of our flights only operate seasonally or on select days of the week. #ROF4002_225

Is this a new thing, pushing you to select the routing they want you to take or maybe it's just too soon? I can pull up a basic round trip with those dates but it doesn't list the connections I want. Many of my preferred flights show up as bookable, just not when I try to pair them the way I want.

Apologies if this has already been addressed. I just haven't tried to do this in a few years.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
The Delta website will not sell as a "multi-city search" any ticket which could be constructed as a transfer at any of your ticketed points using a single fare component. For an international trip, this means a minimum stay of 24h00 at each ticketed point.

An agency, possibly Delta if you call, and possibly Google Flights or Book With Matrix can help.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:20 pm

Delta diamond line booked this type of trip for me. Found it impossible to book on any travel booking site.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you talking about delta.com or third-party multi-cty search? Which dates and flights are you trying to book? Delta.com multi-city search forces fare breaks on connections by requiring layovers of 24 hours for international and 4 hours for domestic flights and thus you can't book same-day international connections with it.

JPG3392 and Firstboss like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Do you have any intra-EU segments or foreign domestic trying to book? Ie CDG-ATH or CDG-LYS, etc... If so it'll fail as DL doesn't offer fares on those routes.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
OK, that explains it. They used to allow 4 hour or less layovers on intl and I’ve done it many times but it’s been several years. yes, I’m using Delta.com site.

Thanks for the explanation. I will find the routing I want and call just for grins. If they say no can do, I’ll just muddle through all the stupid connections the booking tool throws at me.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Marylou
OK, that explains it. They used to allow 4 hour or less layovers on intl and I’ve done it many times but it’s been several years. yes, I’m using Delta.com site.

Thanks for the explanation. I will find the routing I want and call just for grins. If they say no can do, I’ll just muddle through all the stupid connections the booking tool throws at me.
The multicity search was changed a few years back to force fare breaks. I'm not sure the reasoning. You can call in (no fees for this with DL) and have agent book over the phone. Note if it's a valid connection but system search doesn't return it, not all agents know how to piece it together anymore. Ie i generally loke booking overnight connection at AMS. As long as under 24 hours, its a valid connection. However DL system will only return the options for aame day on most routes. Tp book the 23.59 connection, must call in and agent must put in flight by flight.
SUPERTRAVEL and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:56 pm

JFK-Ams-Vlc-ams-jfk, with an overnight in Ams required phone booking.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The multicity search was changed a few years back to force fare breaks. I'm not sure the reasoning. You can call in (no fees for this with DL) and have agent book over the phone. Note if it's a valid connection but system search doesn't return it, not all agents know how to piece it together anymore. Ie i generally loke booking overnight connection at AMS. As long as under 24 hours, its a valid connection. However DL system will only return the options for aame day on most routes. Tp book the 23.59 connection, must call in and agent must put in flight by flight.
IIRC there can also be married segment availability issues for certain routings and/or segment choices. It can be a valid connection, but despite fare class availability on the individual segments, one can be forced to go to a higher fare class for the through fare. PreCovid-19, I often saw this on EU-AMS (overnight connection under 24 hours) AMS-USA trips.

These situations were easier to handle when delta.dumb offered the advanced search to pick a particular fare class or higher. It was also better when you could use multicity search to individually select segments that formed a legal connection and get through fare pricing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.